Unraid Main GUI won't start and Raid system won't start

Rednaz

I recently installed the TVheadend plugin (https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/39024-tvheadend-plugin-for-unraid-6/).  After installing and attempting to start the plugin, the Main GUI locked up and refused to load.  I eventually decided to shutdown my server using putty.  After starting the system up again, the main GUI still refuses to start up.  I can still remote in via putty but I don't see any indication of the GUI being responsive nor the main raid system starting.  

I believe that I am using version 6.1.4.

Hi Frank,

That worked for me.  I had forgotten about booting into safe mode (last time I had connected a monitor to my server for some reason it wasn't displaying anything).   Everything is working fine and I'll deal with the plugins another time.

Thanks!

I would suggest that you search for TV on the Apps tab (Assuming you have the Community Applications plugin installed) and search for TV.    I would think that you want to be using a Docker application as plugins can be messy if they depend on finding a certain version of a system file which may or may not be present in the current Linux Kernel.  

17 hours ago, Rednaz said:

I believe that I am using version 6.1.4.

Can you confirm, are you on 6.1.4 or 6.4.1?

6.1.4 is extremely old, you should not install any current plugins on that system as plugin authors will likely not have such an old system to test on.  You should upgrade to 6.3.5 at least, 6.4.1 would be better.

I'm Sorry for the delay.  Haven't had a chance to respond until today.

On 2/5/2018 at 4:00 PM, Frank1940 said:

I would suggest that you search for TV on the Apps tab (Assuming you have the Community Applications plugin installed) and search for TV.    I would think that you want to be using a Docker application as plugins can be messy if they depend on finding a certain version of a system file which may or may not be present in the current Linux Kernel.  

I will definitely do that in the future.  I did have the Community Apps plugin installed but do not have access to it at the moment due to starting in safe mode.  I'll check it out at a future date.

On 2/5/2018 at 5:56 PM, ljm42 said:

Can you confirm, are you on 6.1.4 or 6.4.1?

6.1.4 is extremely old, you should not install any current plugins on that system as plugin authors will likely not have such an old system to test on.  You should upgrade to 6.3.5 at least, 6.4.1 would be better.

Looks like I was still off, but its still an older version.  I'm running 6.1.6.  I looked into upgrading a couple of weeks ago but I'm worried about issues and at the moment I do not have the time to resolve any other issues that may come up from upgrading.  I'm hoping that I will have the time to upgrade this summer where I'll have more time to resolve this.

Thanks for the help guys!

I'm Sorry for the delay.  Haven't had a chance to respond until today.   Looks like I was still off, but its still an older version.  I'm running 6.1.6.  I looked into upgrading a couple of weeks ago but I'm worried about issues and at the moment I do not have the time to resolve any other issues that may come up from upgrading.  I'm hoping that I will have the time to upgrade this summer where I'll have more time to resolve this.

Thanks for the help guys!

An up to date version of community applications will not install on anything less than 6.1.8, and since you're probably running a very old version of CA I can't even say with certainty if it'll even work anymore due to changes in the application feed, templates, etc.  

Archived