Docker Problem with Upgrade to 6.4.1

DigitalDivide

So I upgraded to 6.4.1 yesterday and followed the guides and still managed to screw up...I think.

Before installing I stopped my dockers DelugeVPN Server and Emby Server which were using the cache  Then using mover moved the data off of them.  Reformatted my cache drive, then upgraded.  Then copied the data back to my cache drive.  I believe I was supposed to copy the data back after reformatting, then enable dockers, then upgrade.  

Now when I go to the Dockers tab, my dockers are not showing.  Does that mean I have to reinstall them?  Is there any way to add them back?  

8 minutes ago, DigitalDivide said:

Hi, so does this mean I have to reinstall?  If I got to Settings - Docker, do I select enable docker, then "no".  Save, then go back and select "yes".

Then am I reinstalling the dockers.  When I go to Previous Apps it does show the two dockers.  I just didn't want to reinstall and lose all my settings..

Using all your previous settings is what Previous Apps is all about.

1 hour ago, DigitalDivide said:

Ok, I just want to make sure I have this right.  I'm a slow learner...When I go to Previous Apps I check the ones I want then click Install Applications.  Once I do so it will use my settings from the previous install. Do I have that right?

yes

Just thought I would say a little something here about what's going on "under the hood". Maybe Squid will want to add something.

When you go to create a container, you are given a form to fill out with the settings for the container. Many things on the form will already be filled out from a template provided by the container developer. When you submit the form, those settings from the form are saved in an XML file on your flash drive. Previous Apps gets these saved settings from that XML file on your flash.

I encourage everyone to examine the files on their flash drive. They are mostly text. Any webUI settings you make are in the config folder somewhere. I think reading these files for yourself can be instructive.

Archived