New package: LogMeIn Hamachi 2 for unRAID 4.5.x

gfjardim

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah ok i see now! What If I wanted to get music from unraid server and listen on my phone. Is this possible? What would I use? If you pay for logmein and can you also get hamachi or is it a separate service?

Hamachi is part of free services provided by Logmein. To listen music into your phone, I recomend Subsonic.

So does this allow me to access the unRAID web interface as well, in addition to network shares? What URL would I access the web interface with?

Yes, you can access your webUI remotelly. Hamachi will auto assign a virtual IP address for each machine into the network,  you can see the address into the client window.

Hmm, unable to get to the sabnzbd page through the virtual address (but can access, Unmenu, Sickbeard, etc. fine).  Any suggestions?

Other than that, awesome package!

Hamachi has some weird HTTP filtering so users can't use it to trespass firewalls. Look at the binding IP address of Sickbeard and Sabnzbd for discrepancies, I don't know if it blocks the 127.0.0.1 address, the 0.0.0.0 universal binding or the 10.x.x.x/192.x.x.x network. Use in Sabnzbd the same address you use in Sickbeard.

Hamachi has some weird HTTP filtering so users can't use it to trespass firewalls. Look at the binding IP address of Sickbeard and Sabnzbd for discrepancies, I don't know if it blocks the 127.0.0.1 address, the 0.0.0.0 universal binding or the 10.x.x.x/192.x.x.x network. Use in Sabnzbd the same address you use in Sickbeard.

They all use the same base address, just the ports are different.  Is that what you're referring to?

• 4 weeks later...

This is killing me.. when i try to run the installation from my /boot/config/go script, it fails with error "Module insertion failed - Aborting"

But when i run the exact same command from a commandline afterwards, it installs successfully...

The line for install is: installpkg /boot/packages/hamachi-2.0.1.13-i686-unRAID-2.tgz

Any clues?

This is killing me.. when i try to run the installation from my /boot/config/go script, it fails with error "Module insertion failed - Aborting"

But when i run the exact same command from a commandline afterwards, it installs successfully...

The line for install is: installpkg /boot/packages/hamachi-2.0.1.13-i686-unRAID-2.tgz

Any clues?

I am having the same issue as Jumario. After restarting the server, the go script won't load hamachi. Running the installpkg in terminal works.

Using 5.0-beta6.

The latest version posted now starts properly when added to the go script. Thanks!

It is testing time :)

Update: After initiating "h2control save", I loose network connectivity to the server. Console doesn't show any errors. No IP address is shown for eth0, (ham0, ham1, and ham-br0 not present) when running ifconfig. Only a reboot restores network connectivity. I ran "h2control save" after reboot and lost network connectivity again.

The latest version posted now starts properly when added to the go script. Thanks!

Update: After initiating "h2control save", I loose network connectivity to the server. Console doesn't show any errors. No IP address is shown for eth0, (ham0, ham1, and ham-br0 not present) when running ifconfig. Only a reboot restores network connectivity. I ran "h2control save" after reboot and lost network connectivity again.

Ok, will recheck the code and post a fix. Thanks for the heads up.

Ok, will recheck the code and post a fix. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks! I tested Hamachi today and made my Unraid server as a gateway and it is working well.

Airvideo remote access stopped working on my server and I am now getting two new IP address as my server in port forwarding in my router. I disabled Hamachi but still getting multiple IP addresses.

I attached a pic.

EDIT: (07/04/2011)

This problem was solved. It was a DNS issue. After changing my DNS on my router, I no longer get the multiple IP addresses on my port forwarding settings.

Airvideo.jpg.4f82d76a37f5e8bbb52b4d5e2829527f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am encountering the exact same issue.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am encountering the exact same issue.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

don't run "h2control save"  ;)

This works awesome - following the simple instructions about one page back, "for noobs."  I do have a couple fo questions:

1.  Is there any way to have my UnRaid box auto-login when it boots up?  (seems that you have to run the three commands each time it boots to get it connected, then you have to go onto logmein.com and accept the client each time - and it has a different client ID).

2.  I'm planning on setting up two UnRaid boxes in this manner - each in different physical locations (for backup) and I figured I could then have them backup to each other using RSync or something similar.  Has anyone tried this?  Any advice?  It seems their IP addresses might change - from Hamachi, but I've not fully tested this yet.  Looking for suggestions.

Thanks,

Russell

This works awesome - following the simple instructions about one page back, "for noobs."  I do have a couple fo questions:

1.  Is there any way to have my UnRaid box auto-login when it boots up?  (seems that you have to run the three commands each time it boots to get it connected, then you have to go onto logmein.com and accept the client each time - and it has a different client ID).

2.  I'm planning on setting up two UnRaid boxes in this manner - each in different physical locations (for backup) and I figured I could then have them backup to each other using RSync or something similar.  Has anyone tried this?  Any advice?  It seems their IP addresses might change - from Hamachi, but I've not fully tested this yet.  Looking for suggestions.

Thanks,

Russell

Exactly my question also ( about the auto-logon after a reboot) just as russel said,, every time you logon - set nick - attach , you get a different ID. / can we script this? keeping the same ID?

Running hamachi on a test-Unraid server 5.08d with hamachi-2.0.1.15-i686-unRAID.tgz and working just fine - very happy with it

Just after reboot i followed these steps

1 ------------------------(this step is not nessesary but only to get a overview of current status over here)

root@Tower:~# hamachi

version    : 2.0.1.15

pid        : 1241

status     : offline

client id  :

address    : 0.0.0.0

nickname   :

lmi account:

2-------------------------------

root@Tower:~# hamachi login

Logging in .......... ok

3------------------------------

root@Tower:~# hamachi set-nick DC7700

Setting nickname .. ok

4----------------------------

root@Tower:~# hamachi attach [email protected]

Sending attach request to [email protected] without networks .. ok

5------------------------------------

root@Tower:~# h2control save

(this command took about 7 sec)

root@Tower:~#

6---------------------------------- (this step is not nessesary but only to get a overview of current status over here)

root@Tower:~# hamachi

version    : 2.0.1.15

pid        : 85xx

status     : logged in

client id  : 086-404-xxx

address    : 5.xx.xxx.xx

nickname   : DC7700

lmi account: [email protected] (pending)

7------------------------------------

then i go to www.logmein.com and log in with my credentials and accept the pending request.

8-------------------------------------

root@Tower:~# h2control save

(this command took about 7 sec)

root@Tower:~#

---------------------------------------

everything works perfectly as long i don't reboot the server, every setting is lost and i am back at step 1

i'am using UnRaid 5.0-beta8d with Hamachi http://gfjardim.googlecode.com/files/hamachi-2.0.1.15-i686-unRAID-up1.tgz

this my GO script

#!/bin/bash

# Start the Management Utility

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

installpkg /boot/packages/hamachi-2.0.1.15-i686-unRAID-up1.tgz

installpkg /boot/packages/simpleFeatures-0.7-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz

unraid_notify start

did i forget something ? or missed a step?

update:

i followed exactly the same steps on my other UnRaid server with 4.7 and hamachi-2.0.1.15 and after reboot , i login to see Hamachi status ,, it remembers everything. works just fine!! :-)

Archived