New package: LogMeIn Hamachi 2 for unRAID 4.5.x

I've been using OpenVPN to access my unRAID server for a while, and it worked very well. But reading about LogMeIn Hamachi, it seemed a better choice for that job. So, I apparently have successfully compiled a unRAID specific package for it.

As Slackware isn't LSB compliant, I've changed the init script to work with unRAID, adding a function to save the Hamachi config files to the usb drive:

The sintax of the init script is the following:

# h2control (start|stop|restart|save)

You have to run "# h2control save" every time you change the configuration via terminal or via Logmein web page.

The rest of Hamachi configuration is up to you, guys, but running "# hamachi --help" should answer many questions.

Here I only set the machine nickname and attached the client via terminal, using these commands:

hamachi login

hamachi set-nick <nickname>

hamachi attach <LogMeIn account>

The rest was done via LogMeIn web page.

PS. Since a pre-compiled tun/tap kernel module is included, the package shouldn't work in any kernel but the 2.6.32.9-unRAID kernel that runs in the 4.5.x versions.

Download: http://gfjardim.googlecode.com/files/hamachi-2.0.1.13-i686-unRAID-2.tgz

EDIT: I wasn't able to load the bridge module to the kernel, so gateway networks don't work if the unRAID server are configured as gateway. If you're using gateway networks, set the gateway to other local machine instead the unRAID server.

EDIT2: New version available. The limitations stated above doesn't apply to unRAID v5.

Download: http://gfjardim.googlecode.com/files/hamachi-2.0.1.15-i686-unRAID.tgz

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will be testing it today.

Can the unRAID be setup as a hub in an Hamachi hub-spoke network?

Is it just regular setup and configuration via the logmein web site?

Will it run on unRAID 4.5.4? What about unRAID 5?

Where do I setup the network name and password to log into on daemon startup?

Hamachi2 is different from the previous version because LogMeIn bought it, and now the service is web configurable. Every command you need is outputted by running "hamachi --help" on terminal.

Here I have only attached the client to the LogMeIn account via terminal, all other configuration was done via LigMeIn web page:

"hamachi attach <LogMeIn account>"

Don't forget to run "h2control save" on the terminal after make any changes.

OK... I installed and it works.

You have to initially set a nickname (if you want a name to show up in logmein) and attach a logmein account.

Then you configure the reset via the logmein web interface and finally save the configuration according to the OP (h2control save)

Thank you it works great.

For that I think logmein is needed - I haven't seen any linux no gui support for it.

But you might be able to telnet to the unraid address... interesting...

You can set Hamachi client to run a custom command. Here I set it to lauch putty:

c:\<your path to putty>\putty.exe -telnet $VIP

where $VIP is a variable that point to the virtual IP.

When I select the custom command, it lauches a putty window with unRAID login prompt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks a lot for sharing this! I am a LogMeIn newbie, but for remote access to my unRAID files this seems a very powerful solution. No problems to add my iMac to the (fresh) LogMeIn account and to remotely control the Mac. Attaching the unRAID server to the same LogMeIn account is neither a problem. It presents itself properly under "My Networks" with the nickname I gave it. Maybe I'm missing an obvious point here, but I cannot figure out how to access the files directly. The server does not show up under "My Computers", like my iMac does.

Any pointer are greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

how do i get this running on my unraid server

i would like that my parents can save a backup of there photo's on my server

think that this must work fine for that

Most of the information is in this thread. You would insert this in your Go-srcipt (use "Config View/edit" in unMENU):

installpkg /boot/packages/hamachi-2.0.0.11-i686-unRAID.tgz

Then your unRAID machine is done.

Install the Hamachi client at your parents PC, and your unRAID server will be available through the assigned IP number presented in the Hamachi client. Then it is just a matter of mapping drives/shares and setting up your preferred way of copying.

You could consider installing Logmein while your at it (unrelated to unRAID access, but will be linked with your Hamachi account). I've been using it for years to access my own and my parents machines (for support). It's brilliant.

it's works

i can add the unraid server to logmein

takes me a wile to see were i can set the server as hub

but i can't get it to work

after  i set the server to hub

unraid seems to close te hamachi

i get the "Hamachi does not seem to be running" line

i have added the line "installpkg /boot/hamachi-2.0.0.11-i686-unRAID.tgz" to the go script

placed the file "hamachi-2.0.0.11-i686-unRAID.tgz" in the boot folder on my flash drive

and unraid created a file "hamachi-conf.tgz" in the "config" folder

have placed the package in the right folder

but as soon as i set the server as a hub the connection is lost

and i get the "Hamachi does not seem to be running"

"Run '/etc/init.d/logmein-hamachi start' to start daemon." line

also if i do the "h2control save"

i get "tar: Removing leading `/' from member names"

this is before the change to hub action

there where more problems as mine with hamachi

so logmein has a newer version of hamachi in there labs & betas

could you please make new .tgz file fore unraid

the problem i have comes trough i seems to have a to old processor