Parity Valid but 1 Error After Check w/o Corrections. What next?!

Mat1926

44 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Run a correcting check, sync error is on parity2 only so not related to previous issue.

I just started a correcting check, can you guess what caused this?!

*edit*

Why didn't I get a notification about this? Or perhaps these errors can't be detected in real-time?

Thnx

59 minutes ago, Mat1926 said:

can you guess what caused this?!

Any unclean shutdown since last check? That would be the most likely cause.

59 minutes ago, Mat1926 said:

Why didn't I get a notification about this?

You should get a notification at the end of the check showing the number of errors.

7 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Any unclean shutdown since last check? That would be the most likely cause.

You should get a notification at the end of the check showing the number of errors.

Before purchasing my UPS, I've had one unclean shutdown, but the automatic parity check afterward did not report any errors at all...

When I asked about the notification, I meant while using the system and before doing any parity checks, isn't the system capable of detecting such errors and reporting them? Or these errors can't be detected w/o a full parity check?

Thnx

18 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

You can, but it's probably best to confirm this was a one time thing.

You can use the array but avoid large IO operations if possible, as the array will be slower and also slowdown the check.

It just finished the parity check with correcting w/o detecting any errors or making any changes! How can this be?! What is the story here? Would you plz look in to this?

unraid-diagnostics-20180504-0709.zip

1 minute ago, johnnie.black said:

That's unusual, especially since according to your sig you're using ECC, you'll need to monitor the next ones, i.e., if there are more errors are they always on parity2.

What shall I do now?! More tests or what exactly?!

3 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

That's unusual, especially since according to your sig you're using ECC, you'll need to monitor the next ones, i.e., if there are more errors are they always on parity2.

This is my RAM, would you double check plz?!

RAM.png

Continue using the array normally and run a couple more non correct checks.

There's also the possibility that something was written to the previous wrong sector after the first check updating parity, so now it would be correct, if it wasn't that you likely have an hardware problem somewhere.

5 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Continue using the array normally and run a couple more non correct checks.

There's also the possibility that something was written to the previous wrong sector after the first check updating parity, so now it would be correct, if it wasn't that you likely have an hardware problem somewhere.

Nothing was written since the array is mounted in read-only! Did you look at the RAM part number?!

*edit*

Is it safe to assume that the data integrity is valid?!

Archived