LAST CALL on the Unraid Summer Sale! 😎 ⌛ ×

Cache Drive Missing - Docker Failed to Start

dbh

Hey there. Apologies if I am missing any etiquette.

Few weeks ago i noticed my Plex server was not working. Looking at the Unraid Web GUI I noticed the docker tab said "failed to start". More looking around in the UI told me the cache drive was not being recognised and is labeled as not present when I spin down the array and check the cache tab out. I've checked the power and Sata cables and they are working perfectly as they have no issue powering up other disks. The screenshot below was taken while it had the working Sata and power cables connected.

I've checked whether the SSD appears in the BIOS and can confirm it also is not being recognised there either. My drives are there but the slot where the cache would be remains empty.

The SSD itself is a SanDisk SSD PLUS 120 GB up to 520 MB/s Sata III 2.5 inch Internal SSD bought an installed Aug 2015.

Diagnostics attached and images.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. If you need more information let me know and I'll try my best to get it. I am not an expert in this field.

dbhnas-diagnostics-20180608-2300.zip

Screenshot_20180608-222409.png

Looking at the log file and the SMART reports, you have no cache drive.  It is missing in action.  Two things to consider.  First, one of the connectors (data or power) is loose.  Second, the drive is dead.  Since you have eliminated the first one, that leaves the second one...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would be interested in whether or not Unraid sent you any Notifications when your cache went missing. Or do you even have Notifications setup (very important)? You shouldn't have to open the webUI to discover this sort of thing. Unraid should notify by email or other agent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/13/2018 at 11:52 PM, johnnie.black said:

Cache device dropped offline, likely from a bad cable, replace both power and SATA cables.

Replaced power and sata cables still getting he error. I have attached the disk logs from the cache drive UI itself. And the server diagnostics. Suspecting I need a new cache drive now.

In the UI the icon is grey but circular which would mean not spun up.

Cache Drive Diagnostics.docx

dbhnas-diagnostics-20181209-1900.zip

Screenshot_20181209-183311.png

Archived