Anyway to automate/cron "Docker Safe Permissions"?

Basically the title. I often use Windows to manage the files on a few of my folders, but if they were made/touched by the unraid system then windows doesn't have permission to move/delete them. Is there anyway to automate the docker safe permissions tool to run every x hours?

Thanks!

Edited by Blaze9
29 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

This solution is a sort of surrender, the real answer is to determine which process is munging the permissions and fix the permission options in that process. Pretty much all of the docker containers I am aware of have ways to specify what permissions the files they touch should be left with.

100% true, but sometimes it's just plain easier and less aggravating.

My /downloads sometimes gets left-over files in it that the client for whatever reason decided to not adjust the permissions on appropriately.  I just have newperms running against that share hourly as the 2 seconds to do the script was easier than yelling at the computer and spending the time to figure out why it only happened once in a while.  If I ever get bored, then I'll re-approach the problem, but for now, I just can't be bothered.

100% true, but sometimes it's just plain easier and less aggravating.

My /downloads sometimes gets left-over files in it that the client for whatever reason decided to not adjust the permissions on appropriately.  I just have newperms running against that share hourly as the 2 seconds to do the script was easier than yelling at the computer and spending the time to figure out why it only happened once in a while.  If I ever get bored, then I'll re-approach the problem, but for now, I just can't be bothered.
Quitter...

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
On 7/12/2018 at 6:56 AM, Squid said:

User scripts plugin

Script would be

newperms /mnt/user/nameOfShare

Sent via Tapatalk because I'm either at work or enjoying the summer

Hey Squid - when trying to run this script in the User Scripts plugin, I get the error "newperms: command not found"

Any thoughts?

Pic1.PNG

Pic2.PNG

21 hours ago, Squid said:

/usr/local/sbin/newperms /mnt/user/nameOfShare

But, usually its not necessary to run this on a schedule, unless you've got a container misconfigured and writing the wrong permissions

Thanks that worked. Ok I will check my container configurations to see what could be wrong.