Sign in to follow this  
Stroker

[Plugin] Consistent CPU Spikes though Dynamix Cache Directories

1 post in this topic Last Reply

Hey Guys and Girls!

for a few Weeks a got a very strange Problem as drescribed in the post here with Screenshots and my diagnostics file.

To put it short I get consistent CPU spikes as high as 25 to 40 or nearly 50 % with activated Folder Caching, They appear as often as the setting "Maximum interval between folder scans (sec):" is selected.

What was not discribed in the last post was the log of the Plugin itself at /var/log/cache_dirs.log . I have attached this as txt file to this Post and also a fresh Screenshot of the graph in the Statistics Plugin. This is with all settings at default and excluded all Backup or Cache Folders.

In this it logs like 5-14% CPU Usage but in the Statistics Plugin I get much higher CPU Use as seen in the referenced Post or the Screenshot. With the unlimited deph I get nearly 122k files. The same Usage and nearly the same Spikes appear when the depth is fixed at 5 with arround 59k files. Should this usage be this much with a i3-3240? Shoudn't it scale accross the load of files? or are this Spikes anormal?

Bonienl
in the linked post said that he couldn't explain this spikes to himself either but sadly had no idea how to proceed. Does anyone here have any idea how I could troubleshoot this problem further?

Best Regards
Stroker

folder_caching_logs.txt

screen_0809_2018.png