Dockers being restored nightly?

scubieman

1 hour ago, Squid said:

I notice that you do not have a cache drive.  Check all of your path mappings in the various docker containers, and ensure that none of them reference /mnt/cache/...

I noticed yesterday that pretty much all of @binhex's apps have references for the /data mapping directly referencing /mnt/cache instead of /mnt/user which when installing if the user doesn't notice causes havoc on the system.

i see what you are saying, obviously /mnt/user is the only path i can consistently target in this case, so the user will need to do more work to either switch to /mnt/cache/appdata/etc or /mnt/user/cache/appdata or if no cache then /mnt/user/<some share on the array>/, this is the deal right? @Squid if so can do a quick mass edit on the templates to target /mnt/user for /data

Just now, binhex said:

i see what you are saying, obviously /mnt/user is the only path i can consistently target in this case, so the user will need to do more work to either switch to /mnt/cache/appdata/etc or /mnt/user/cache/appdata or if no cache then /mnt/user/<some share on the array>/, this is the deal right? @Squid if so can do a quick mass edit on the templates.

In a nutshell, yes.  Any mapping for /config doesn't matter as its overwritten anyways by the user's Docker Settings.  But the /data isn't and will cause issues if it doesn't get noticed

1 minute ago, Squid said:

In a nutshell, yes.  Any mapping for /config doesn't matter as its overwritten anyways by the user's Docker Settings.  But the /data isn't and will cause issues if it doesn't get noticed

no probs i will get on it, i think the reason it was set like that was due to my nasty experiences with /mnt/user and docker causing instability, but that generally only occurs for configuration files (as in /config) and only affects certain applications.

12 minutes ago, Squid said:

I would LOVE if someone could ever point out exactly why that happens for some users and not others.  LT can't fix what can't be replicate

maybe when i get a bit of time i will go through this with LT.

templates now fixed up.

51 minutes ago, binhex said:

templates now fixed up.

All I know is that most have no trouble.  Some do.  Last time someone actually found (6.2?) a flaw / unsupported function with /mnt/user vs /mnt/cache LT fixed it the next release.

3 hours ago, binhex said:

templates now fixed up.

Had a look at them, and I have another concern.  (I know I'm a PITA).  You've switched them from /mnt/cache/appdata/data to now be /mnt/user.  So now the unsuspecting / new user without a cache drive isn't going to have their ram filled up, but now they're (and the ones with a cache drive) are going to get a bunch of shares created as the containers run.  Personally, I'd really prefer if you switched it to /mnt/user/appdata/data.

Had a look at them, and I have another concern.  (I know I'm a PITA).  You've switched them from /mnt/cache/appdata/data to now be /mnt/user.  So now the unsuspecting / new user without a cache drive isn't going to have their ram filled up, but now they're (and the ones with a cache drive) are going to get a bunch of shares created as the containers run.  Personally, I'd really prefer if you switched it to /mnt/user/appdata/data.
I don't pre configure any apps to use /data so the user would have to manually do that via the web UI for the app, and I would hope select an existing share.

Having said that I like your suggestion and I will make the change.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Archived