solved:Unmountable file system for cache drive.

publicENEMY

I shrink down my array according to this guide using the "Remove Drives Then Rebuild Parity" method. https://wiki.unraid.net/Shrink_array

Then when it was rebuilding the parity, the power gone and I had to restart unraid. After restart, the cache drive has "Unmountable file system" notification.

a2sltjf.png

I have provided the diagnostics. Please advice.

And happy holidays guys.

Thanks.

tower-diagnostics-20181224-0821.zip

Looks like there's two methods in the Shrink Array article you posted. If you lost power part way through a rebuild, I'd look into putting the old disk back into the array. Reassign it it's old spot in the array, then rebuild the parity from those drives. Once you have a good parity, you should be able to re-start the remove disk procedure. As you've had a power outage already, go with that second procedure that "protects the array at all times."

On 12/25/2018 at 12:29 AM, dkerlee said:

Looks like there's two methods in the Shrink Array article you posted. If you lost power part way through a rebuild, I'd look into putting the old disk back into the array. Reassign it it's old spot in the array, then rebuild the parity from those drives. Once you have a good parity, you should be able to re-start the remove disk procedure. As you've had a power outage already, go with that second procedure that "protects the array at all times."

Im not sure how is that related to cache drive. I thought cache drive are separated from the array?

On 12/24/2018 at 11:29 AM, dkerlee said:

The remove drive and rebuild parity method is fine. Your screenshot shows you were already rebuilding parity so even if you wanted to use the second method it is too late, since you would have to rebuild parity anyway before you could even use it. Just go ahead and rebuild parity without the drive you are removing and you are done with that part. And rebuilding parity is the method I would have recommended anyway.

And of course, none of that has anything to do with cache. Just do as johnnie said regarding that.

And get an UPS.

This is what I get.

Phase 1 - find and verify superblock... Phase 2 - using internal log - zero log... ERROR: The filesystem has valuable metadata changes in a log which needs to be replayed. Mount the filesystem to replay the log, and unmount it before re-running xfs_repair. If you are unable to mount the filesystem, then use the -L option to destroy the log and attempt a repair. Note that destroying the log may cause corruption -- please attempt a mount of the filesystem before doing this.

Please advise.

Archived