SuperMicro SC933T-R760 CSE-933T-R760B 3U 15 Bay Chassis

ccharmatz

Can anybody tell me what these cables are for?  They come out of the power supply, but I dont see anywhere on the motherboard (C2SEE) or backplane for them to go.

One is a 4 pin connector with orange, purple, brown and red wires and the other is a 5 pin connector with red, orange and green with white stripe wire (two holes are empty).

the white 4-pin connector must be used for a floppy disk drive.

The other one seems like a usb cable (mobo usb header to usb port) but it would be useful on your psu only if the psu had a usb port (like mine does). so i cant help you with that

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anybody tell me what these cables are for?  They come out of the power supply, but I dont see anywhere on the motherboard (C2SEE) or backplane for them to go.

One is a 4 pin connector with orange, purple, brown and red wires and the other is a 5 pin connector with red, orange and green with white stripe wire (two holes are empty).

the white 4-pin connector must be used for a floppy disk drive.

No, its not a floppy power connector.  Its much smaller than that.

My case arrived today.  I thought UPS was kidding when they said it weighed 69#...little did I know.  So, I REALLY like this case. My only issue so far is I cant seem to get the fans to run any slower than full tilt.

Run the fans from your motherboard and set your throttling there., you will need to remove the jumpers from the back plane right next to where each fan is currently powered or the fan alram will be on constantly.

Charles.

EDIT:  Solved the problem - turns out there are jumpers next to each FAN port that were missing.  Once I placed jumpers in all 4 spots the fans work great!

-----------------------

I also just received one of these cases today.  After getting it all wired up and running everything seems great except the 4 fans behind the drives are not running.  I plugged these all into the fan ports on the back of the board behind the drive bays - I assume that is where they are supposed to go.

Anybody have any clue why they might not be running?

It was also annoying that it came with a Supermicro proprietary 16-pin panel cable.  I'm going to have to buy one of their breakout cables to hook it up to my motherboard.

Thanks again to the OP.  This was a fantastic deal and I'm very happy with the case.  If only I can get all the fans to run!

-David

My case arrived today.  I thought UPS was kidding when they said it weighed 69#...little did I know.  So, I REALLY like this case. My only issue so far is I cant seem to get the fans to run any slower than full tilt.

Run the fans from your motherboard and set your throttling there., you will need to remove the jumpers from the back plane right next to where each fan is currently powered or the fan alram will be on constantly.

Charles.

I tried that...same problem.  Im afraid Im going to have to get a fan controller and put it in the case somehow.  I would rather it be controlled by temp though.

This case looks great. Does anyone have more info on the included power supply?

How efficient is it? Power draw?

Can it support the full 15 drives? The website specs the 12v as +12V  50.0 amp (combined), I'm assuming this means that it's not a single rail?

Will another power supply fit in the given space (IE Corsairs)?

-Joe

It was also annoying that it came with a Supermicro proprietary 16-pin panel cable.  I'm going to have to buy one of their breakout cables to hook it up to my motherboard.

Mine came with a CBL-0068L as well.

You were lucky.  Mine didn't and when I contacted the seller they told me to take a hike since it wasn't spelled out in the auction.  I just ordered one online ($9.95 shipped).

-David

Joe, the case comes with 760W Triple-Redundant Power Supply. I have run mine on just one before when

moving power circuits around.  The individual supplies are 380w.

Power Supply PWS-0050M 3 SP382-TS 380W Power Modules for a total of 760W

How efficient is it? Power draw?

Can it support the full 15 drives? The website specs the 12v as +12V  50.0 amp (combined), I'm assuming this means that it's not a single rail?

Will another power supply fit in the given space (IE Corsairs)?

-Joe

From: http://www.supermicro.com/products/chassis/3U/933/SC933T-R760.cfm

760W Triple-Redundant AC power supply with PFC

[ 24-pin, (8-pin, 4-pin)=12V ]

AC Voltage • 100 - 240V, 50-60Hz, 14 Amp

DC Output • 5V + 3.3V ? 200W

+5V 36.0 amp

+5V standby 3.5 amp

-5V n/a

+12V 50.0 amp (combined)

-12V 1.0 amp

+3.3V 36.0 amp

I just ordered one of these. I had talked myself out of it the other day and then you hosers just kept at it- waving those pics under my nose, looking up ps specs... you bastards. I think it will stay in the box till I can build a 2nd unraid using the supermicro atom board mentioned elswhere on these boards, thanks for turning me on to that one too. At this price I had to fight the temptation to get two.

I'm trying to figure out my first unRAID build, and can't find a cheaper way to build a 10+ hotswap enclosure cheaper than this.  The only problem is I live in a condo, so I don't have many location options.  I assume that this is a pretty loud case, right?  Not really fitting for the bedroom or living room... Or is it with fan control?

I hafta wonder where this guy is getting these cases cheap enough that he can sell a $750plus case for $200 and make a profit. At first glance I thought they were used, then figured they were sans power supplies, maybe there hot. Yeah thats it, this guy got them from a guy who "found" them.

Can anybody tell me what these cables are for?  They come out of the power supply, but I dont see anywhere on the motherboard (C2SEE) or backplane for them to go.

SM-SC933-4.JPG

Found this in the tech support questions and answers

Question:

I have an SC932T-R760 chassis. There are other cables coming out from the power supply that are not labeled or documented. What are they? I really could use some output of some sort to indicate the status of the power modules.

Answer:

The cable with a black connector is for I2C and the other white connector is for Power Fault LED. If your motherboard has I2C and Power Fault header, then you can use it.

SM-SC933-4.JPG

Found this in the tech support questions and answers

Question:

I have an SC932T-R760 chassis. There are other cables coming out from the power supply that are not labeled or documented. What are they? I really could use some output of some sort to indicate the status of the power modules.

Answer:

The cable with a black connector is for I2C and the other white connector is for Power Fault LED. If your motherboard has I2C and Power Fault header, then you can use it.

Thanks!  The C2SEE doesnt have either of those, so I dont need to worry about them.

I hafta wonder where this guy is getting these cases cheap enough that he can sell a $750plus case for $200 and make a profit. At first glance I thought they were used, then figured they were sans power supplies, maybe there hot. Yeah thats it, this guy got them from a guy who "found" them.

My case has a logo and a number on it. My guess is they were purchased for a specific client or project that was canceled and he is just trying to recover what he can.

SM-SC933-5.JPG