Help: Can't access Unraid after cansual reboot

Hi there,

After reinstalling windows on my gaming computer, i wanted to connect to my unraid server to transfer some files. I noticed my user didnt want to login. I went to the web UI and logged in as 'root'. I deleted my user and created a new one. Clicked 'reboot' and nothing ever came back online. I tried plugging into my other ethernet port (i have 2 on my mother board (old ip camera server board)). Still nothing. I had a VM running Hass.io on the server. I tried finding the IP adress of my machine without results. I tried pluging my usb key to another port, still no succes. I rebooted even in Safe mode and i cant log in. I tried going to unraid local UI. The linux instance boots up but localhost display a page error on the machine itself. I realy have no clue whats going on.

There it is. I know just a tiny bit of linux but not enought to decript all this. At the same time. I would like to set a static IP in the futur. Maybe my usb key has some file corrupted? I dunno.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mikael

syslog

Edited by Stream Arcanine
Added syslog file
10 hours ago, Stream Arcanine said:

Well it just says 'page unreacheable'

Your network.cfg file from the diagnostics is a mess. 

£ Generated network settings
QSE_DHCP="no"
IPADDR="10.0.1.7"
NETMASK="255.255.255.0"-
GAtEWAY="14.0.1.1"
BONDANG="yes"
BRIDGING="yec"
DNS_SERVER1="10n0.1.1"

Looks like some corruption or just totally mangled manually.  I suggest you delete it from the flash drive and let it be re-created on a reboot.  Assuming you set the gateway IP address in the prior config, why is it on 14.0.1.x when the server is on 10.0.1.x?

1 hour ago, Hoopster said:

Your network.cfg file from the diagnostics is a mess. 

£ Generated network settings
QSE_DHCP="no"
IPADDR="10.0.1.7"
NETMASK="255.255.255.0"-
GAtEWAY="14.0.1.1"
BONDANG="yes"
BRIDGING="yec"
DNS_SERVER1="10n0.1.1"

Looks like some corruption or just totally mangled manually.  I suggest you delete it from the flash drive and let it be re-created on a reboot.  Assuming you set the gateway IP address in the prior config, why is it on 14.0.1.x when the server is on 10.0.1.x?

I couldn't find a folder on the usb drive with the name 'config'. There was a file with that name tho it looks corrupted.  Is there suposed to be a folder there with configuration files? 

unraid usn contents.PNG

No i don't. I realised also the GUI wasnt showing up on a web page. I created a new usb boot drive and compared the missing files. I got everything back online except my key file which got corrupted... My drives are showing up but i cant see my shares until my key file is restored1278246550_missingkeyfile001.thumb.PNG.321bd4090f4f8b71a786889aedb3acfc.PNG

I tried reinstalling the key file using the url i got in my invoice email when i purchased. It gives me an error

13 hours ago, Stream Arcanine said:

Also, my cache drive is completely filled up. Its not emptying itself

You probably have your User Shares cache-prefer, which means try to keep files on cache.

13 hours ago, Stream Arcanine said:

which file is resposible for the array config

config/super.dat

• 2 months later...

Having a similar problem. UnRaid / My motherboard can't grab a DCHP or Static IP address. It has internet though. 

I ran diagnostics but I don't see the log on the flash drive? 

/boot/logs/tower-.... .zip

*fixed it*

Was a bad flash drive.

Edited by Supa