Transmission unMenu package

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome stuff prostuff1!

Just want to confirm that for  the supplementary packages reinstall on reboot isn't required.

Also I've been running the old packages for about 2 days straight with no freezing issues.

Correct the supplementary packages do not have to be set to "Install on reboot"  The main transmission package tests for there existence (the actual slackware install files) and will install it if not installed already.

Nice one will install asap :D

kudos!

install seems to have worked.

I tried to keep "torrents" folder "resume" and moved both to the new location.

transmission started but with no torrents.

stopped transmission and moved content of resume folder to "resume_old" and started up transmission again.

now not only the torrents loaded but to my surprise all stats and data like which were stopped and active was back also.

now i don't know where this info is usually kept but I'm sure every file other than "downloads" "resume" and "torrents" were deleted.

wonder how it did that, tho i'm happy it did cause it saves a lot of work.

I also must have done something wrong because I ended up with "Download" and "download" folders both containing the same files. since I have no idea what would happen if I deleted one of them and afraid to loose all data there was a  simple workaround using "transmission remote GUI". I selected all files and from the right click menu "set data location as" to move all files to a new folder.

thanks again Prostuff for making it all posible

Nice one will install asap :D

kudos!

install seems to have worked.

I tried to keep "torrents" folder "resume" and moved both to the new location.

transmission started but with no torrents.

stopped transmission and moved content of resume folder to "resume_old" and started up transmission again.

now not only the torrents loaded but to my surprise all stats and data like which were stopped and active was back also.

now i don't know where this info is usually kept but I'm sure every file other than "downloads" "resume" and "torrents" were deleted.

wonder how it did that, tho i'm happy it did cause it saves a lot of work.

I also must have done something wrong because I ended up with "Download" and "download" folders both containing the same files. since I have no idea what would happen if I deleted one of them and afraid to loose all data there was a  simple workaround using "transmission remote GUI". I selected all files and from the right click menu "set data location as" to move all files to a new folder.

thanks again Prostuff for making it all posible

Glad I could help, I should have caught the 4.7 problem before I released the first packages.  I was installing some of the pyLoad stuff on accident so my 4.7 install was not stock when I started testing the Transmission package update.

I do seem to have trouble shutting transmission down with the stop button

Stopping Transmission deamon
Transmission is already stopped
Previous stop attempt worked... Nothing to kill

looking at the remote transmission is still running

anyone any ideas?

I need more information like:

Sure you have all the newest files?

Version of unRAID?

And see the first post for a list of commands that I would like to see the output of.

unraid version 4.7

transmission version 2.33

before installing

Disabled the install on reboot, then rebooted

delete the "transmission" folder in the "custom" folder on the flash drive

removed all folders but downloads torrents and resume from install location

did a search for transmission in packages and removed all hits

after successful install moved torrents and resume data to the new location

install location: /mnt/cache/.torrents/transmission

I have

libevent-2.0.11-i486-1sl.txz

curl-7.21.4-i486-1.txz

libidn-1.19-i486-1.txz

openldap-client-2.4.21-i486-1.txz

glibc-2.13-i486-4.txz

I installed them all before installing transmission  but non is set to reinstall

ls -al INSTALL_LOCATION_OF_TRANSMISSION
cannot acces INSTALL_LOCATION_OF_TRANSMISSION: no such files or directory

cat PACKAGE_DIRECTORY/transmission_unraid-2.33-i486-8kh.txz.auto_install

cat: PACKAGE_DIRECTORY/transmission_unraid-2.33-i486-8kh.txz.auto_install:no such file or directory

here some pics of the screen sorry for  them being vague had to take with my iphone. still have to find out why ipmi is no longer working.

HQSLV.jpg

DpoXv.jpg

atm using: "killall transmission-daemon" to stop it

cat: PACKAGE_DIRECTORY/transmission_unraid-2.33-i486-8kh.txz.auto_install:no such file or directory

Um... you have to replace the stuff in capital letters with the actual location, hence the reason for the "cannot access" message

That is good to know. I will look into it and may have another release up later this weekend that may use that to try and kill the daemon if it is still running.

I haven't had any crashes since but here is the output from those commands

tower login: root
Password:
Linux 2.6.32.9-unRAID.
root@tower:~# ls -al /var/run/
total 64
drwxr-xr-x  4 root   root    0 2011-09-30 00:59 ./
drwxr-xr-x 14 root   root    0 2011-09-30 01:00 ../
srw-rw-rw-  1 root   root    0 2011-09-30 00:58 acpid.socket=
-rw-r--r--  1 root   root    5 2011-09-30 00:58 atd.pid
-rw-r--r--  1 root   root    5 2011-09-30 00:58 ifplugd.eth0.pid
-rw-r--r--  1 root   root    5 2011-09-30 00:58 inetd.pid
-rw-r--r--  1 root   root    5 2011-09-30 00:58 klogd.pid
-rw-r--r--  1 root   root    5 2011-09-30 00:58 nmbd.pid
drwxr-xr-x  2 root   root    0 2011-03-24 19:19 nscd/
-rw-r--r--  1 root   root    4 2011-09-30 00:58 ntpd.pid
-rw-------  1 root   root   74 2011-09-30 00:58 portmap_mapping
-rw-r--r--  1 nobody root    5 2011-09-30 00:58 rpc.statd.pid
-rw-------  1 root   root    5 2011-09-30 00:58 sm-notify.pid
-rw-r--r--  1 root   root    5 2011-09-30 00:58 smbd.pid
-rw-r--r--  1 root   root    5 2011-09-30 00:59 snapNotify.pid
-rw-r--r--  1 root   root    5 2011-09-30 00:59 snapSambaNotify.pid
-rw-r--r--  1 root   root    5 2011-09-30 00:58 syslogd.pid
drwxr-xr-x  2 root   root    0 2011-10-01 01:27 transmission/
-rw-r--r--  1 root   root    6 2011-09-30 19:02 unmenu.pid
-rw-rw-r--  1 root   utmp 4608 2011-10-01 01:30 utmp
root@tower:~# ls -al /mnt/disk5/.transmission
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root  72 2011-09-28 04:29 ./
drwx--x--x 6 root root 136 2011-09-28 04:30 ../
drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 232 2011-10-01 01:27 conf/
root@tower:~# ps -ef | grep trans
root      1625  1122  0 01:31 pts/0    00:00:00 grep trans
root     31488     1  0 01:27 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/disk5/.transmission/conf --pid-file /var/run/transmission/transmission-daemon.pid
root@tower:~#

The output for the last command was too long and got cut off so I. copy pasted the file contents. I'll PM it to you prostuff1 for security reasons

EDIT: Just noting I have no issues with shutting down transmission

Um... you have to replace the stuff in capital letters with the actual location, hence the reason for the "cannot access" message

That is good to know. I will look into it and may have another release up later this weekend that may use that to try and kill the daemon if it is still running.

ye after rereading my message it occurred to me that might be the case and tried  replacing the capital letters. I could not get back to it the forum it was unreachable for some time.

Z9Pq9.jpg

tried

cat /mnt/flash/packages/transmission_unraid-2.33-i486-8kh.txz.auto_install

cat /boot/packages/transmission_unraid-2.33-i486-8kh.txz.auto_install

there is too much to fit the screen

NzcnH.jpg

thanks for your patience

hre are the results

root@Whaaat:~# ls -al /mnt/cache/.torrents/transmission
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  3 root root  72 2011-09-29 13:54 ./
drwxr-xr-x 13 root root 344 2011-09-30 12:51 ../
drwxr-xr-x  6 root root 248 2011-09-30 19:09 conf/
root@Whaaat:~#

keep_going=true
while [[ $counter -lt 10  && $keep_going != false ]]
do
if [[ $(ls /mnt/disk[1-20] | wc -l) -eq 0 ]]; then
echo "Nothing in /mnt so Transmission cannot be installed.  Sleeping for 10 seconds and then trying again." >> /var/log/syslog
counter=$(( $counter + 1 ))
sleep 10
else
echo "Starting the install of Transmission" >> /var/log/syslog
[ -f "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json" ] && rm -f "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
mkdir -p "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf"
touch "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "{" >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"alt-speed-enabled\": "${vALT_SPEED_ENABLED-false}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"alt-speed-up\": "${vALT_SPEED_UP-50}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"alt-speed-down\": "${vALT_SPEED_DOWN-50}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"speed-limit-down\": "${vSPEED_LIMIT_DOWN-100}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"speed-limit-down-enabled\": "${vSPEED_LIMIT_DOWN_ENABLED-false}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"speed-limit-up\": "${vSPEED_LIMIT_UP-100}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"speed-limit-up-enabled\": "${vSPEED_LIMIT_UP_ENABLED-false}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"alt-speed-time-begin\": "${vALT_SPEED_TIME_BEGIN-540}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"upload-slots-per-torrent\": "${vUPLOAD_SLOTS_PER_TORRENT-15}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"blocklist-url\": \""${vBLOCKLIST_URL-"http://www.bluetack.co.uk/config/level1.gz"}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"blocklist-enabled\": "${vBLOCKLIST_ENABLED-true}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"download-dir\": \""${vDOWNLOAD_DIR-"/mnt/disk1/torrents/download"}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"incomplete-dir\": \""${vINCOMPLETE_DIR-"/mnt/disk1/torrents/download"}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"incomplete-dir-enabled\": \""${vINCOMPLETE_DIR_ENABLED-false}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"preallocation\": "${vPREALLOCATION-1}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"rename-partial-files\": "${vRENAME_PARTIAL_FILES-true}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"start-added-torrents\": "${vSTART_ADDED_TORRENTS-true}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"trash-original-torrent-files\": "${vTRASH_ORIGINAL_TORRENT_FILES-false}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"umask\": "${vUMASK-18}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"watch-dir\": \""${vWATCH_DIR-"/mnt/disk1/torrents/watch"}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"watch-dir-enabled\": "${vWATCH_DIR_ENABLED-false}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"dht-enabled\": "${vDHT_ENABLED-true}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"encryption\": "${vENCRYPTION-1}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"lazy-bitfield-enabled\": "${vLAZY_BITFIELD_ENABLED-true}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"lpd-enabled\": "${vLPD_ENABLED-true}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"message-level\": "${vMESSAGE_LEVEL-2}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"pex-enabled\": "${vPEX_ENABLED-true}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"script-torrent-done-enabled\": "${vSCRIPT_TORRENT_DONE_ENABLED-false}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"script-torrent-done-filename\": \""${vSCRIPT_TORRENT_DONE_FILENAME-""}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"bind-address-ipv4\": \""${vBIND_ADDRESS_IPV4-"0\.0\.0\.0"}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"bind-address-ipv6\": \""${vBIND_ADDRESS_IPV6-"::"}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"peer-congestion-algorithm\": \""${vPERR_CONGESTION_ALGORITHM-""}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"peer-limit-global\": "${vPEER_LIMIT_GLOBAL-240}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"peer-limit-per-torrent\": "${vPEER_LIMIT_PER_TORRENT-60}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"peer-socket-tos\": \""${vPEER_SOCKET_TOS-"default"}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"peer-port\": "${vPEER_PORT-51413}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"peer-port-random-high\": "${vPEER_PORT_RANDOM_HIGH-65535}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"peer-port-random-low\": "${vPEER_PORT_RANDOM_LOW-1024}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"peer-port-random-on-start\": "${vPEER_PORT_RANDOM_ON_START-false}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"port-forwarding-enabled\": "${vPORT_FORWARDING_ENABLED-true}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"rpc-authentication-required\": "${vRPC_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED-false}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"rpc-bind-address\": \""${vRPC_BIND_ADDRESS-"0\.0\.0\.0"}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"rpc-enabled\": "${vRPC_ENABLED-true}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"rpc-password\": \""${vRPC_PASSWORD-""}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"rpc-port\": "${vRPC_PORT-9091}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"rpc-url\": \""${vRPC_URL-"/transmission/"}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"rpc-username\": \""${vRPC_USERNAME-""}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"rpc-whitelist\": \""${vRPC_WHITELIST-"192\.168\.0\.\*"}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"rpc-whitelist-enabled\": \""${vRPC_WHITELIST_ENABLED-false}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"alt-speed-time-enabled\": \""${vALT_SPEED_TIME_ENABLED-false}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"alt-speed-time-begin\": \""${vALT_SPEED_TIME_BEGIN-540}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"alt-speed-time-end\": \""${vALT_SPEED_TIME_END-1020}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"alt-speed-time-day\": \""${vALT_SPEED_TIME_DAY-127}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"ratio-limit\": \""${vRATIO_LIMIT-2\.000}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"ratio-limit-enabled\": \""${vRATIO_LIMIT_ENABLED-false}"\"" >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "}" >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "Created settings.json file"
echo "Created settings.json file" >> /var/log/syslog
[ ! -d /etc/rc.d/unraid.d ] && mkdir /etc/rc.d/unraid.d
echo "Created unraid.d directory"
echo "Created unraid.d directory" >> /var/log/syslog
echo 'case $1 in' > /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission
echo "start)" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission
echo "/usr/local/bin/transctl start" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission
echo ";;" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission
echo "stop)" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission
echo "/usr/local/bin/transctl stop" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission
echo "sleep 5" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission
echo "/usr/local/bin/transctl kill" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission
echo "esac" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission
chmod +x /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission
echo "Created init script, /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission"
echo "Created init script, /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission" >> /var/log/syslog
echo "#define USER_SCRIPT_LABEL Start Transmission" > "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
echo "#define USER_SCRIPT_DESCR This will start the Transmission daemon" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
echo "#define USER_SCRIPT_RELOAD 10"  >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
echo "echo \"<pre>\"" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
echo "#set -xv" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
echo "if [ -f /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission ]; then" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
echo "   /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission start" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
echo "else" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
echo "   echo \"The rc.unraid_transmission script does not exist, please try reinstalling the application\"" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
echo "fi" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
echo  >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
chmod +x "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
echo "Created unmenu start script, ${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission"
echo "Created unmenu start script, ${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission" >> /var/log/syslog
echo "#define USER_SCRIPT_LABEL Stop Transmission" > "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
echo "#define USER_SCRIPT_DESCR This will stop the Transmission daemon" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
echo "#define USER_SCRIPT_RELOAD 10"  >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
echo "echo \"<pre>\"" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
echo "#set -xv" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
echo "if [ -f /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission ]; then" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
echo "   /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission stop" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
echo "else" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
echo "   echo \"The rc.unraid_transmission script does not exist, please try reinstalling the application\"" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
echo "fi" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
echo  >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
chmod +x "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
echo "Created unmenu start script, ${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission"
echo "Created unmenu start script, ${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission" >> /var/log/syslog
sed -i 's@^.TRANS_CONF.*$@ TRANS_CONF=CONF_FOLDER@' /usr/local/bin/transctl
sed -i 's@^.THE_INSTALL_DIR.*$@ THE_INSTALL_DIR=INSTALL_FOLDER@' /usr/local/bin/transctl
sed -i 's@^.THE_DOWNLOAD_DIR.*$@ THE_DOWNLOAD_DIR=DOWNLOAD_FOLDER@' /usr/local/bin/transctl
sed -i 's@^.THE_INCOMPLETE_DIR.*$@ THE_INCOMPLETE_DIR=INCOMPLETE_FOLDER@' /usr/local/bin/transctl
sed -i 's@^.THE_WATCH_DIR.*$@ THE_WATCH_DIR=WATCH_FOLDER@' /usr/local/bin/transctl
mkdir -p "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/resume/"
mkdir -p "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/torrents/"
sed -i s@CONF_FOLDER@"${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/"conf@ /usr/local/bin/transctl
sed -i s@INSTALL_FOLDER@"${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}"@ /usr/local/bin/transctl
sed -i s@DOWNLOAD_FOLDER@"${vDOWNLOAD_DIR-\"/mnt/disk1/torrents/download\"}"@ /usr/local/bin/transctl
sed -i s@INCOMPLETE_FOLDER@"${vINCOMPLETE_DIR-\"/mnt/disk1/torrents/download\"}"@ /usr/local/bin/transctl
sed -i s@WATCH_FOLDER@"${vWATCH_DIR-\"/mnt/disk1/torrents/watch\"}"@ /usr/local/bin/transctl
/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission start
echo "Started Transmission" >> /var/log/syslog
echo "Please go <a target=\"_blank\" href=\"http://${MyHost}{vRPC_PORT}\"><b>Here</b></a> to get to the Transmission web interface</br></br>"
keep_going=false
fi
done

thanks for your patience

hre are the results

root@Whaaat:~# ls -al /mnt/cache/.torrents/transmission
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  3 root root  72 2011-09-29 13:54 ./
drwxr-xr-x 13 root root 344 2011-09-30 12:51 ../
drwxr-xr-x  6 root root 248 2011-09-30 19:09 conf/
root@Whaaat:~#

keep_going=true
while [[ $counter -lt 10  && $keep_going != false ]]
do
if [[ $(ls /mnt/disk[1-20] | wc -l) -eq 0 ]]; then
echo "Nothing in /mnt so Transmission cannot be installed.  Sleeping for 10 seconds and then trying again." >> /var/log/syslog
counter=$(( $counter + 1 ))
sleep 10
else
echo "Starting the install of Transmission" >> /var/log/syslog
[ -f "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json" ] && rm -f "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
mkdir -p "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf"
touch "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "{" >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"alt-speed-enabled\": "${vALT_SPEED_ENABLED-false}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"alt-speed-up\": "${vALT_SPEED_UP-50}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"alt-speed-down\": "${vALT_SPEED_DOWN-50}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"speed-limit-down\": "${vSPEED_LIMIT_DOWN-100}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"speed-limit-down-enabled\": "${vSPEED_LIMIT_DOWN_ENABLED-false}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"speed-limit-up\": "${vSPEED_LIMIT_UP-100}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"speed-limit-up-enabled\": "${vSPEED_LIMIT_UP_ENABLED-false}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"alt-speed-time-begin\": "${vALT_SPEED_TIME_BEGIN-540}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"upload-slots-per-torrent\": "${vUPLOAD_SLOTS_PER_TORRENT-15}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"blocklist-url\": \""${vBLOCKLIST_URL-"http://www.bluetack.co.uk/config/level1.gz"}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"blocklist-enabled\": "${vBLOCKLIST_ENABLED-true}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"download-dir\": \""${vDOWNLOAD_DIR-"/mnt/disk1/torrents/download"}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"incomplete-dir\": \""${vINCOMPLETE_DIR-"/mnt/disk1/torrents/download"}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"incomplete-dir-enabled\": \""${vINCOMPLETE_DIR_ENABLED-false}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"preallocation\": "${vPREALLOCATION-1}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"rename-partial-files\": "${vRENAME_PARTIAL_FILES-true}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"start-added-torrents\": "${vSTART_ADDED_TORRENTS-true}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"trash-original-torrent-files\": "${vTRASH_ORIGINAL_TORRENT_FILES-false}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"umask\": "${vUMASK-18}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"watch-dir\": \""${vWATCH_DIR-"/mnt/disk1/torrents/watch"}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"watch-dir-enabled\": "${vWATCH_DIR_ENABLED-false}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"dht-enabled\": "${vDHT_ENABLED-true}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"encryption\": "${vENCRYPTION-1}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"lazy-bitfield-enabled\": "${vLAZY_BITFIELD_ENABLED-true}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"lpd-enabled\": "${vLPD_ENABLED-true}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"message-level\": "${vMESSAGE_LEVEL-2}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"pex-enabled\": "${vPEX_ENABLED-true}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"script-torrent-done-enabled\": "${vSCRIPT_TORRENT_DONE_ENABLED-false}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"script-torrent-done-filename\": \""${vSCRIPT_TORRENT_DONE_FILENAME-""}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"bind-address-ipv4\": \""${vBIND_ADDRESS_IPV4-"0\.0\.0\.0"}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"bind-address-ipv6\": \""${vBIND_ADDRESS_IPV6-"::"}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"peer-congestion-algorithm\": \""${vPERR_CONGESTION_ALGORITHM-""}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"peer-limit-global\": "${vPEER_LIMIT_GLOBAL-240}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"peer-limit-per-torrent\": "${vPEER_LIMIT_PER_TORRENT-60}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"peer-socket-tos\": \""${vPEER_SOCKET_TOS-"default"}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"peer-port\": "${vPEER_PORT-51413}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"peer-port-random-high\": "${vPEER_PORT_RANDOM_HIGH-65535}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"peer-port-random-low\": "${vPEER_PORT_RANDOM_LOW-1024}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"peer-port-random-on-start\": "${vPEER_PORT_RANDOM_ON_START-false}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"port-forwarding-enabled\": "${vPORT_FORWARDING_ENABLED-true}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"rpc-authentication-required\": "${vRPC_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED-false}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"rpc-bind-address\": \""${vRPC_BIND_ADDRESS-"0\.0\.0\.0"}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"rpc-enabled\": "${vRPC_ENABLED-true}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"rpc-password\": \""${vRPC_PASSWORD-""}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"rpc-port\": "${vRPC_PORT-9091}"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"rpc-url\": \""${vRPC_URL-"/transmission/"}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"rpc-username\": \""${vRPC_USERNAME-""}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"rpc-whitelist\": \""${vRPC_WHITELIST-"192\.168\.0\.\*"}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"rpc-whitelist-enabled\": \""${vRPC_WHITELIST_ENABLED-false}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"alt-speed-time-enabled\": \""${vALT_SPEED_TIME_ENABLED-false}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"alt-speed-time-begin\": \""${vALT_SPEED_TIME_BEGIN-540}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"alt-speed-time-end\": \""${vALT_SPEED_TIME_END-1020}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"alt-speed-time-day\": \""${vALT_SPEED_TIME_DAY-127}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"ratio-limit\": \""${vRATIO_LIMIT-2\.000}"\"," >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "\"ratio-limit-enabled\": \""${vRATIO_LIMIT_ENABLED-false}"\"" >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "}" >> "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/settings.json"
echo "Created settings.json file"
echo "Created settings.json file" >> /var/log/syslog
[ ! -d /etc/rc.d/unraid.d ] && mkdir /etc/rc.d/unraid.d
echo "Created unraid.d directory"
echo "Created unraid.d directory" >> /var/log/syslog
echo 'case $1 in' > /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission
echo "start)" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission
echo "/usr/local/bin/transctl start" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission
echo "stop)" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission
echo "/usr/local/bin/transctl stop" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission
echo "sleep 5" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission
echo "/usr/local/bin/transctl kill" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission
echo "esac" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission
chmod +x /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission
echo "Created init script, /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission"
echo "Created init script, /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission" >> /var/log/syslog
echo "#define USER_SCRIPT_LABEL Start Transmission" > "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
echo "#define USER_SCRIPT_DESCR This will start the Transmission daemon" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
echo "#define USER_SCRIPT_RELOAD 10"  >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
echo "echo \"<pre>\"" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
echo "#set -xv" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
echo "if [ -f /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission ]; then" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
echo "   /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission start" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
echo "else" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
echo "   echo \"The rc.unraid_transmission script does not exist, please try reinstalling the application\"" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
echo "fi" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
echo  >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
chmod +x "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
echo "Created unmenu start script, ${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission"
echo "Created unmenu start script, ${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission" >> /var/log/syslog
echo "#define USER_SCRIPT_LABEL Stop Transmission" > "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
echo "#define USER_SCRIPT_DESCR This will stop the Transmission daemon" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
echo "#define USER_SCRIPT_RELOAD 10"  >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
echo "echo \"<pre>\"" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
echo "#set -xv" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
echo "if [ -f /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission ]; then" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
echo "   /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission stop" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
echo "else" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
echo "   echo \"The rc.unraid_transmission script does not exist, please try reinstalling the application\"" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
echo "fi" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
echo  >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
chmod +x "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}"/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
echo "Created unmenu start script, ${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission"
echo "Created unmenu start script, ${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission" >> /var/log/syslog
sed -i 's@^.TRANS_CONF.*$@ TRANS_CONF=CONF_FOLDER@' /usr/local/bin/transctl
sed -i 's@^.THE_INSTALL_DIR.*$@ THE_INSTALL_DIR=INSTALL_FOLDER@' /usr/local/bin/transctl
sed -i 's@^.THE_DOWNLOAD_DIR.*$@ THE_DOWNLOAD_DIR=DOWNLOAD_FOLDER@' /usr/local/bin/transctl
sed -i 's@^.THE_INCOMPLETE_DIR.*$@ THE_INCOMPLETE_DIR=INCOMPLETE_FOLDER@' /usr/local/bin/transctl
sed -i 's@^.THE_WATCH_DIR.*$@ THE_WATCH_DIR=WATCH_FOLDER@' /usr/local/bin/transctl
mkdir -p "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/resume/"
mkdir -p "${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/conf/torrents/"
sed -i s@CONF_FOLDER@"${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}/"conf@ /usr/local/bin/transctl
sed -i s@INSTALL_FOLDER@"${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.transmission}"@ /usr/local/bin/transctl
sed -i s@DOWNLOAD_FOLDER@"${vDOWNLOAD_DIR-\"/mnt/disk1/torrents/download\"}"@ /usr/local/bin/transctl
sed -i s@INCOMPLETE_FOLDER@"${vINCOMPLETE_DIR-\"/mnt/disk1/torrents/download\"}"@ /usr/local/bin/transctl
sed -i s@WATCH_FOLDER@"${vWATCH_DIR-\"/mnt/disk1/torrents/watch\"}"@ /usr/local/bin/transctl
/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission start
echo "Started Transmission" >> /var/log/syslog
echo "Please go <a target=\"_blank\" href=\"http://${MyHost}{vRPC_PORT}\"><b>Here</b></a> to get to the Transmission web interface</br></br>"
keep_going=false
fi
done

The first command looks like it should.  The second looks like it got cut off... the top part with the variables is not visible.

Try running this command"

cat /boot/packages/transmission_unraid-2.33-i486-8kh.txz.auto_install > /boot/transmission_autoinstall.txt

Then on your flash drive there will be a file called transmission_autoinstall.txt attach it to your next post.

root@Whaaat:~# ls -al /var/run/transmission
total 4
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 2011-09-30 23:36 ./
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 0 2011-10-01 03:40 ../
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5 2011-09-30 23:36 transmission-daemon.pid

hum... the stop button should work then.

can you give me the output of:

cat /var/run/transmission/transmission-daemon.pid

that seems a liltle odd

root@Whaaat:~# cat /var/run/transmission/transmission-daemon.pid
23238root@Whaaat:~#

Hum, so there was a pid in the file (23238) so the stop button should be working.

Give me the output of:

ps -ef | grep trans | grep -v grep
[code]

I honestly do not know why it is not working for you.  The only thing I can suggest is that you kill transmission the way you have been, and then see the output of
[code]

Then use the Start button and see the output of

and then:

ps -ef | grep trans | grep -v grep

[/code][/code]

Prostuff1, some of your packages are causing segfaults on my system at every :47 minutes, but I don't know which. I'm sure not curl, libidn or libevent. I had a break when I installed those and I didn't have the problem then.

I'm not sure how to check what, some help would be appreciated. What I have in the syslog:

Sep 28 21:47:01 MicroServer crond[1108]: exit status 1 from user root /usr/bin/run-parts /etc/cron.hourly 1> /dev/null

Sep 28 21:47:01 MicroServer kernel: crond[18783]: segfault at b78df51c ip b78df51c sp bfbb0854 error 15 in ld-2.11.1.so[b78df000+1000] (Errors)

But manually running the /usr/bin/run-parts /etc/cron.hourly 1> /dev/null gives no error

That is caused by installing glibc

root@Whaaat:~# ps -ef | grep trans | grep -v grep
root     23238     1  0 18:13 ?        00:01:34 /usr/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/cache/.torrents/transmission/conf --pid-file /var/run/transmission/transmission-daemon.pid

after using  killall transmission-daemon started using the start button

root@Whaaat:~# cat /var/run/transmission/transmission-daemon.pid
17627root@Whaaat:~#

tried stopping an starting with the buttons and got an message saying something like "cant stop transmission because transmission was already stopped"

was to late to copy the exact message

2nd try stop message was

Stopped Transmission Process 22176
Killing Transmission deamon because the pid file still exists
Killing Transmission Process 22176

and 3rd again

Stopped Transmission Process 32231
Killing Transmission deamon because the pid file still exists
Killing Transmission Process 32231

I dont know why but the stop button now suddenly works

i'll try restart the server to see if the problem returns

update:

everything works now as it should.

I have a hunch tho. I remember last time manually starting transmission with the start button.   I noted as the text scrolled past on the screen connected to the server transmission is automatically started.

could this have led to say 2 instances running? or someway of misleading the process number?

update:

everything works now as it should.

I have a hunch tho. I remember last time manually starting transmission with the start button.   I noted as the text scrolled past on the screen connected to the server transmission is automatically started.

could this have led to say 2 instances running? or someway of misleading the process number?

If the package was set to install and you also hit the start button then 2 instances of transmission where probably running. I only create one .pid file when hitting the start button.

I can look into changing the start script so that another instance does not get started if one is already running.

[

If the package was set to install and you also hit the start button then 2 instances of transmission where probably running. I only create one .pid file when hitting the start button.

I can look into changing the start script so that another instance does not get started if one is already running.

I think we have the mystery resolved then. must say i like to give you a big thanks for your generous support.

If its possible and your willing too maybe its an option to eventually make it behave as the previous start/stop button did ,the  start button turned into a stop button when transmission was running and start button when transmission was not running. that way it is less likely to start 2 instances.

cheers!