Transmission unMenu package

hi all,

i have a problem: when I reboot my server transmission allways lost my torrent history, so lost every seeds, I see only a clean transmission on web ui and also in the remote gui.

I ve tried to make my power down in the unmeu scripts, and after that I red here in this topc that need to be stop transmission first. I checked this move also, so

1. first i stopped transmission fisrt in user scripts page.

2. than I made the power down.

but the same: no seeds in the transmission, just a clear window

I have updated in the last days transmission. I had before an old bubbaQ version from transmisson (but it has the bug with this whitelist ip thing, thats why im updated transmission to the newest release), but the older bubbaQ version i never had this "lost effect".

1. What should be the problem?

2. In which file save the history (seeds, downloads etc) transmission?

3. when I go in my flash drive/config folder my transmission folder is empty. Maybe I made the update wrong?

pls help me :)

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi all,

i have a problem: when I reboot my server transmission allways lost my torrent history, so lost every seeds, I see only a clean transmission on web ui and also in the remote gui.

I ve tried to make my power down in the unmeu scripts, and after that I red here in this topc that need to be stop transmission first. I checked this move also, so

I have updated in the last days transmission. I had before an old bubbaQ version from transmisson (but it has the bug with this whitelist ip thing, thats why im updated transmission to the newest release), but the older bubbaQ version i never had this "lost effect".

3. when I go in my flash drive/config folder my transmission folder is empty. Maybe I made the update wrong?

To update to this one you need to delete all remnants of the old installs.  Any old remnants will/can cause install issues and "collisons" with conf files.  I had this happen with my install and had to delete all bubbaQ related files and all .autoinstall files that are not related to the latest package attached in the first post.

aha, so maybe I dont deleted a file from the old bubbaQ version, and thats why this happens on the reboot?

ok than pls help me where could be files which I need to remove?

I deleted in the package folder every transmission files. There was some of .bak files, and .conf and .tgz, when I remember good.

After that I removed all transmission files from config folder, and I deleted the complete transmission folder from my custom folder.

Where could be anything else from the old transmission?

And where save the newest transmission the history datas(seeds, download history)? Name of the file, location?

thx for your help :)

To update to this one you need to delete all remnants of the old installs.  Any old remnants will/can cause install issues and "collisons" with conf files.  I had this happen with my install and had to delete all bubbaQ related files and all .autoinstall files that are not related to the latest package attached in the first post.

Can you please post the steps in the first post to correctly uninstall the previous version?

Can you please post the steps in the first post to correctly uninstall the previous version?

Done... as best I could remember.  It has been a while and depending on the path that was taken there may/may not be some files where I specified

Hello.

Recently I installed the apcupsd package and the following problem occurred in Transmission:

The .torrent files that I put in the watch dir are not automatically added in the webui.

I have to go through Open>Browse... in order to point to the .torrent

Also the .torrent files in the watch dir do not take the .added extension, after I manually Open them.

I tried stopping and restarting the Transmission daemon but the problem remains.

I never had this issue before. Any ideas?

Can you help please?

Hello.

Recently I installed the apcupsd package and the following problem occurred in Transmission:

The .torrent files that I put in the watch dir are not automatically added in the webui.

I have to go through Open>Browse... in order to point to the .torrent

Also the .torrent files in the watch dir do not take the .added extension, after I manually Open them.

I tried stopping and restarting the Transmission daemon but the problem remains.

I never had this issue before. Any ideas?

Can you help please?

I need more information.  I don't know of anything that would cause this in transmission.  Maybe try stopping and starting transmission.  Restart the server if need be.

I need more information.  I don't know of anything that would cause this in transmission.  Maybe try stopping and starting transmission.  Restart the server if need be.

What info should I provide?

I tried everything (stopping and restarting Transmission daemon, rebooting server, etc).

I even tried editing a configuration variable (changed the watch dir) in order to reinstall Transmission but no luck.

Torrents are not added automatically (.torrent files don't take the .added extension at the end of the file name), only manually.

What info should I provide?

To be honest I do not know.

I tried everything (stopping and restarting Transmission daemon, rebooting server, etc).

I even tried editing a configuration variable (changed the watch dir) in order to reinstall Transmission but no luck.

Torrents are not added automatically (.torrent files don't take the .added extension at the end of the file name), only manually.

Try disabling install on reboot for apcupsd and restarting.  See if transmissions starts working again.

is flexget on plan to accompanied transmission still?

cheers

Yes, but I have been very busy lately.  I was hoping to get it out before Christmas, but that likely will not happen.  Work picked up and with the Holiday coming I don't have much free time to devote to building and testing the packages.

I just finished reading through this entire thread (yes, all 35 pages). I admire the work prostuff and all have put into this package(s), so first off, a big thank you.

I have a clean install of unRaid Plus 4.7, and unmenu installed and working.

I have 3 data disks, 1 parity disk, and 1 cache disk installed and working.

my goal is to setup Transmission and get it working with the remote webui from google code. not really interested in couch potato or those at this time. Id rather hand pick my torrent files.

After reading the entire thread there are still some install questions/steps that are unclear to me.

1. i need to download all unmenu-conf files for libidn, curl, libevent, openldap, pycurl, glibc, and transmission from the first page of this thread, correct? all files are needed still?

2. change variables (i.e. install dir, watch dir, downloads dir, etc.) in the transmission conf file via unmenu BEFORE installing, but after downloading, correct?

3. do they need to be installed in a specific order via the unmenu interface?

4. the only one that needs to auto install on server reboot is transmission, correct?

1. i need to download all unmenu-conf files for libidn, curl, libevent, openldap, pycurl, glibc, and transmission from the first page of this thread, correct? all files are needed still?

Yes

2. change variables (i.e. install dir, watch dir, downloads dir, etc.) in the transmission conf file via unmenu BEFORE installing, but after downloading, correct?

yes

3. do they need to be installed in a specific order via the unmenu interface?

use the transmission-unmenu-package.conf file to install everything.  If it does not find something installed/downloaded it will let you know that you need to go install it.

4. the only one that needs to auto install on server reboot is transmission, correct?

Correct.  The package is designed in such a way that it checks for the existence of the file it needs and installs it if it finds it.

thanks, it was installed successfully, and works just fine!

I installed to /mnt/cache/.transmission

watch and incomplete folders are /mnt/cache/.torrents/watch | /downloads

when complete, files are moved to /mnt/user/media (cache drive enabled)

then the mover moves the files to the array each night.

thanks again prostuff.

hi all,

hi prostuff1,

i tried already several times reinstall (remove everithing about transmission in custom, config, packages folders, but nothing changes,

when I reboot my server every history gone. Than I need to reopen my torrents every time when i reboot the server :S

which is interresting for me, that this version dont create the "transmission" folder in custom folder.

Why not save my upload, seed history? What did i wrong? I hope I dont need to reinstall the whole unraid OS for that...

which is interresting for me, that this version dont create the "transmission" folder in custom folder.

That folder was created on the flash drive which was not a good idea after having reviewed it.  There were a number of files transmission was writing to that were on the flash drive.

Why not save my upload, seed history? What did i wrong? I hope I dont need to reinstall the whole unraid OS for that...

I do, it is somewhere, but without the information I asked for in the first post I can't help a whole lot.

That folder was created on the flash drive which was not a good idea after having reviewed it.  There were a number of files transmission was writing to that were on the flash drive.

I do, it is somewhere, but without the information I asked for in the first post I can't help a whole lot.

I solved somehow this problem... :) I dont know exactly how :P I just changed the default install location in the configuration variables panel, coues I dont have cache drive, so I wrote the Disk1 as install loc.

I dont know is it the best setup? But now its working. After restart everything stay saved :)

I solved somehow this problem... :) I dont know exactly how :P I just changed the default install location in the configuration variables panel, coues I dont have cache drive, so I wrote the Disk1 as install loc.

I dont know is it the best setup? But now its working. After restart everything stay saved :)

OK, so...

What you basically did the first time you installed it was install it in RAM. Since you did not have an actual cache drive to install it on the folders were created for the install location but they were in RAM.

Glad you got it figured out.

OK, so...

What you basically did the first time you installed it was install it in RAM. Since you did not have an actual cache drive to install it on the folders were created for the install location but they were in RAM.

Glad you got it figured out.

Ahha, so thats why it forget everything on every reboot :o

anyway now I know this too :)

ty

I'm scratching my head on the version of glibc that's needed here. 

The Transmission install scripts asks for glibc-2.13-i486-4.txz and the first post points to the pyLoad install packages but that glibc is glibc-2.7-i486-19_slack12.2.tgz

pyLoad seems to have changed version on 12-26-2011, any idea where I could get a .13 ?

Or how can I convince Transmission to use .7 ?

Thanks

I'm scratching my head on the version of glibc that's needed here.  

The Transmission install scripts asks for glibc-2.13-i486-4.txz and the first post points to the pyLoad install packages but that glibc is glibc-2.7-i486-19_slack12.2.tgz

pyLoad seems to have changed version on 12-26-2011, any idea where I could get a .13 ?

Or how can I convince Transmission to use .7 ?

Thanks

I just changed the pyLoad stuff and had not had a chance to look at the transmission one.  give me a second to look at things and I will post and updated transmission package.

EDIT: new transmission-unmenu-package.conf attached to the first post.

Just tried the new .conf and got the following on the unmenu webpage, I have glibc 2.7 installed:

Created settings.json file
Created unraid.d directory
Created init script, /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission
Created unmenu start script, /boot/unmenu/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
Created unmenu start script, /boot/unmenu/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
Starting Transmission deamon
/usr/bin/transmission-daemon: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by /usr/bin/transmission-daemon)
Transmission started as root
Please go Here to g

it cut off as in the code

it also says :

Installed, but version is different. Current version='/lib/libc.so.6:' expected '2.33'

in the package manager

Just tried the new .conf and got the following on the unmenu webpage, I have glibc 2.7 installed:

Created settings.json file
Created unraid.d directory
Created init script, /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission
Created unmenu start script, /boot/unmenu/42-unmenu_user_script_start_transmission
Created unmenu start script, /boot/unmenu/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_transmission
Starting Transmission deamon
/usr/bin/transmission-daemon: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by /usr/bin/transmission-daemon)
Transmission started as root
Please go Here to g

it cut off as in the code

it also says :

Installed, but version is different. Current version='/lib/libc.so.6:' expected '2.33'

in the package manager

OK, let me do some searching around.  When I installed the old version of glibc it broke xargs, hence the reason some where experiencing issues with my later packages and them not working.  I went to using xargs for a sorting that I need to do to determine the correct/latest version installed.

I need to see if I can find glibc 2.11 for unRAID 4.7... not sure if that will be possible.

OF NOTE: I probably should have checked to see if something like this was going to happen, I had a card party last night so did not get a chance to test before posting.

EDIT: Some quick searching shows that the latest release of glibc for the slackware 12.X series is 2.7, which is what I am using now.  I will have to see what I can do as far as getting a newer version of glibc (at least 2.11) onto a 4.7 machine and NOT break xargs.  If anyone with more linux experience would like to chime in PLEASE send me a PM.  I am proficient in getting my way around a command line but when it comes to some of this stuff google only gets me so far.