[Support] HaveAGitGat - Tdarr: Audio/Video Library Analytics & Transcode Automation

I'm hoping someone can help me. I followed Spaceinvaderone's tutorial for setting this up. I am using a GTX1050ti on my unraid server, however I cannot get it to use the GPU to transcode, it keeps using the CPU.

My config in unraid is as follows:

Screenshot2024-05-28at11-19-33.thumb.png.82066ac834d03128cae3108701a595b5.png

Tdarr config:

I'm sure it's something stupid I've done, but I cannot for the life of me figure out it. I've read multiple pages here and in the previous thread that linked here, but cannot figure out where I'm going wrong here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If I missed any needed info, please let me know.

How to Add a New Transcoded Audio Stream with Custom Bitrate in Tdarr

If you want to keep other audio streams like DTS or TrueHD and add a new transcoded audio stream with a custom bitrate, follow these steps:

Install Plugin:

Install the Tdarr_Plugin_00td_action_add_audio_stream_codec (Add Audio Stream Codec) plugin.

Edit the Local downloaded Plugin:

Open the plugin in the Tdarr interface.

Do not change the name, ID, or description of the plugin, as it will cause the plugin to fail to load.

Replace the Code:

Delete the existing code in the plugin.

Replace it with the code from this link: https://codefile.io/f/FecLfQx7dA.

This will allow you to keep your original audio streams and add a new audio stream with a custom bitrate.

Happy transcoding!

Installed Tdarr today to transcode. Super slow with my older processor of course, but wanted to try it out.  Went out, bought an Nvidia GT 1030. Not ideal, but it fits in the case with the other cards. 

Went through Space Invaders one tutorial and after applying the settings, I get the following error:

--runtime=nvidia 'gher. io/haveagitgat/tdarr'
docker: Error response from daemon: unknown or invalid runtime name: nvidia.

Screenshot2024-05-31at4_25_40PM.thumb.png.919b18166d394830790e71d03526cd9a.png

Without the --runtime=nvidia it installs fine, but no nvidia transcoding.  I've also installed the nvidia drivers for unraid using plugin.

Not sure what the error is trying to say. It looks like it's trying to pull from a repo and failing, but could be completely wrong.

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, csimpson said:

looks like it's trying to pull from a repo and failing

The command works fine on mine but it appears you’re using a different repo from mine. You could try using haveagitgat/tdarr in the repository field.

Posted (edited)

Yes, the nvidia plugin is installed and seemingly working. I've also got the GPU plugin showing me the stats on my dashboard.

I tried using the repo you mentioned and it gave me the exact same error. 

When I remove, --runtime=nvidia it installs fine.Screenshot2024-06-01at7_08_48AM.thumb.png.f558ebacd5a71fe4ff9e62e7f73b72a5.png

But then, I can't seem to use the GPU. I also read that the 1030 might not be able to support NVENC but not sure why that would affect the installation process of the docker?

Also, it gives me the same error when I try to do the same thing with Dizquetv.

Edited by csimpson