INtalling OS on IDE DOM module instead of USB

Is it possible to install the OS on a IDE DOM module instead of using a USB drive. I have the server install and ready to start the server and series but there is no chance to input a key to start the server since there is n UUID to be gleaned on my system for the software to generate a key.

I much prefer using my 16GB IDE DOM on this hacked together LGA 775 Xeon server i built thank using a USB stick to run and load the OS from.

Thanks ahead of time, I'm sure this is a very "new person" question, this is my very first foray into building and maintaining any type of server.

warmest regards,

Drewy Nucci

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, DrewyNucci said:

Thanks, I wonder if there’d be a way to put a uuid into the dom... I’m sure I’m asking something that can’t be done out of ignorance of how hardware works, but I’d just really like to run the system off of something other than a usb. 

Not possible as far as I know.

it is worth emphasising that you do not run Unraid from the USB, what you do is load Unraid from the USB on boot - Unraid actually runs from RAM.

• 1 year later...