Unraid tweaks for Media server performance?

Back to this topic - after some building issues I'm finally ready to setup my unraid server. Is there a preferred order for setting up the tweaks? I assume to setup the tweaks prior to installing plex:

Setup these up as cache only with 100GB min free space:

appdata : /mnt/cache/appdata

domains : /mnt/cache/domains

docker image : /mnt/cache/system/docker/docker.img

Then install plex. Is there anything else in the plex setup that needs to be tweaked to set the correct location of the thumbnails, appdata etc?

How important is installing the Tweaks plugin and increase the: fs.inotify.max_user_watches ? I will have 20 TB of moives/TV shows/music once I copy the data over. 

• 4 months later...
On 3/8/2020 at 1:23 PM, casperse said:

Found a new useful powerful setting if you have a very large Plex/Media Library....

Install the Tweaks plugin and increase the: fs.inotify.max_user_watches

image.png.45c1736e8f396160ac782d2cd2cf7457.png

You can read more about the problem here: LINK

BTW: I would really like to hear from more power users about their tweaks and settings, please share if you have some tweaks or performance improvements

Ohhhh thank you for this....my Plex has been crashing and I couldn't figure out why.  It would just randomly crash and I'd have to restart it.  Kept thinking my DB was bad, but it was showing good.  

Found this thread, and now plugin and now it actually shows what you should be vs what you have, mine was half what was needed.  Hopefully this change takes care of my issue!!

• 2 months later...