Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fith

Refund

12 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Hi:

Really hate to do this but I just bought a new NUC with my Stimulus and was trying to get GPU passthru to work  but apparently this is not possible with a AMD Radeon Vega GPU. I have switched back to Windows to take full advantage of my hardware and was wondering if it's possible for a refund on unRaid? I've only had it activated for 3 days.

 

Thanks,

Please Advise

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Fith said:

Hi:

Really hate to do this but I just bought a new NUC with my Stimulus and was trying to get GPU passthru to work  but apparently this is not possible with a AMD Radeon Vega GPU. I have switched back to Windows to take full advantage of my hardware and was wondering if it's possible for a refund on unRaid? I've only had it activated for 3 days.

 

Thanks,

Please Advise

You need to contact Limetech by email (Contact link at bottom of forum) as they will not necessarily see any forum messages.

Share this post


Link to post

The web site states "All sales are final. No refunds."

 

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, bonienl said:

The web site states "All sales are final. No refunds."

 

Do you really want to force people into a PayPal dispute instead of "Doing the right thing" ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Fith said:

Do you really want to force people into a PayPal dispute instead of "Doing the right thing" ?

 

You could have used Unraid for 30 days with the trial license to test it. That was the "right thing" to do. If you actually read PayPal's user agreement, you can easily learn that an item may not be considered Significantly Not as Described if the item was properly described but did not meet your expectations. 

I'm pretty sure LT will refund you, but not because you are right. LT likes to keep their customers satisfied.

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Fith said:

Do you really want to force people into a PayPal dispute instead of "Doing the right thing" ?

Man, I feel for you but that's why they have a 30-day trial and this forum. You have an entire month to try things out before you even need to think about purchasing anything (you can even request a longer trial), and you can ask almost anything here on the forum and get a quick answer. The Unraid team puts everything out there for you and gives you the resources to figure out if it's the right OS for you. I'm sorry you rushed into it without doing your homework first.

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Fith said:

Do you really want to force people into a PayPal dispute instead of "Doing the right thing" ?

 

Cool...  I never once would have thought that I could walk into a brick and mortar store buy a piece of software and then later decide I didn't want it and subsequently return it...  Guess since I've never been quite willing to shell out the coin for an up to date Office suite that now I can get it easily for free :)  

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ramblinreck47 said:

Man, I feel for you but that's why they have a 30-day trial and this forum. You have an entire month to try things out before you even need to think about purchasing anything (you can even request a longer trial), and you can ask almost anything here on the forum and get a quick answer. The Unraid team puts everything out there for you and gives you the resources to figure out if it's the right OS for you. I'm sorry you rushed into it without doing your homework first.

Yea, I jumped the Gun on unRaid's capabilities.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DarphBobo said:

Cool...  I never once would have thought that I could walk into a brick and mortar store buy a piece of software and then later decide I didn't want it and subsequently return it...  Guess since I've never been quite willing to shell out the coin for an up to date Office suite that now I can get it easily for free :)  

I don't want anything for free...Does someone here want to buy my License?

I can't use it if it will only use 1/2 of a $800 NUC's capabilities..sadly......It's very Nice OS besides that :( Although it does go totally against what Linux was founded for in the first place...Open Source and Free.....

Edited by Fith

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Fith said:

I don't want anything for free...Does someone here want to buy my License?

I can't use it if it will only use 1/2 of a $800 NUC's capabilities..sadly......It's very Nice OS besides that :( Although it does go totally against what Linux was founded for in the first place...Open Source and Free.....

Just because it's linux doesn't mean it has to be free. How do you think Red Hat earns money?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, saarg said:

Just because it's linux doesn't mean it has to be free. How do you think Red Hat earns money?

This was my first ever venture into "Paid" Linux....Absolutely Great work except for my one limitation.

 

I've seen Videos about AMD Reset Bug but seems to work flawlessly on Windows....

 

gpu.png

Edited by Fith

Share this post


Link to post

wow Fith,  it has been a while since i posted on a linux-related forum or messageboard and you really remind me about why? 

 

First you try to 'bully' people into giving you a refund almost telling people its the 'law' that grants you that right, and once you are actually proven wrong buy superiour argument, you start the 'im so miserable, feel sorry for me will you'-kinda vibe with lots and lots of sarcasm. 

 

Even when you agree, that YOU and only YOU are responsible for you actions and your current situation its not:  "well i did a booboo now i lost about $100 max".....  no!  it has to be 'well i kinda wrongfully trusted you guys'  

 

That is truely a pathetic and disrespectull way ... and only for this i truely recoment them NOT to refund you!  EVER! 

 

1: how did you not google  and search these forums on if/how your  igp-passthrough would work, 

2: how did you not do the  'trial license thing first. 

3: why is it never your fault ??? 

 

and then there is the  'but on windows it works'   well if windows works for you, go use it and be happy. 
Do know however thant the licence of windows 10 forbids the use of it as a machine primairly used for remote access 
in other words: you may per licence not use windows 10 as a server  you need windows server 2019 for that. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this