Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

7 minutes ago, Espressomatic said:

I'll take a look.  Having multiple machines, it wasn't just shares potentially going offline, but also not being available until well after the system (mounting them) has started.

Delay the mounting of remote shares using the UD Setting.

1 hour ago, dlandon said:

Delay the mounting of remote shares using the UD Setting.

The problem isn't the delay, it's that mounting only happens once. I might have a system come up seconds or minutes behind another one, or it may be hours. And since the shares are crossed, not one-way, it can affect any of the systems - each of the four Unraid systems mounts one or more shares from each of the other three. Specifically, three systems each share out one volume and the other system (general-purpose NAS) shares out 5.

Not Unraid-specific, but a similar situation exists on on my Mac, which mounts shares from all of the servers. I have a program (Automounter) running at all times that mounts any defined shares when their server(s) come online, as MacOS also doesn't have built-in automounting except at startup.

Edited by Espressomatic
7 hours ago, dlandon said:

You shouldn't have to change permissions.  Explain more of what you are trying to do.

Sorry should have been clearer - I am trying to get my arr apps to write to the NAS drives - specifically Radarr and Sonarr.

media2 is now working since I changed the permissions - everything I download is moved to the correct folder.

media3 has some folders that it works and others that it doesn't.

Here are the permissions I have setup on media3 (Synology) - 192.168.1.251 is my OMV server, .48 is my Unraid

Screenshot2024-09-20065648.thumb.png.b8ca7d6a23590002abf0f9a820df14c5.png