Slow transfer speeds all ways

Hey folks, been browsing the forum for the last 15 days since starting my trial of unraid looking over things and see a few people with similar issues to mine but just wanted verification if possible. 

Just to clarify this is my first time building a server of sorts and some of the tech jargon kind of goes over my head but I'll try my best so please be gentle with me lol

My current setup is purely for storage and torrents. No streaming like plex or anything currently planned however may happen down the line... Way down the line. 

Basic setup is:

A320 mobo

4gb ram

200ge cpu overclocked to 3.8ghz

11 sata hard drives (mixed between 8tb,5tb,4tb and 2tb I think) 1 ssd cache (250gb)

Lsi 9211-8i sas

2x sas to sata cables

2x 8tb set as parity

Rest as storage to fill up the 12 drive licence I intend to buy at end of trial. 

Long story short the speeds are sooooo slow. 30mb-42mb max, doesn't matter what way I transfer files to server or moving from 1 share to another. 

From what I read on here there's a lot using same lsi card as me flashed to IT mode and also when there's 2 parity drives things will be slower. I know my cpu and ram are low but I thought for general storage they would be fine. I was just using them on a Windows setup previous to unraid and was getting speeds in around 100mb +/- which leads me back to the parity drives causing the slow speed as essencial I'm writing to 3x drives at 1 time saturating the speeds yes? Then was wondering is I upgraded to the likes of a lsi 9300 which can have up to 12gb instead of 6gb would this help? 

Other than that I'm over the moon with unraid. It's exactly the software I need compared to other raid setups. Came highly recommended and I can see why. So easy to use. Well laid out ever for a first timer like me. 

24 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Oh yea, don't do that, as parity will need to be updated for all disks at the same time making it slower (and in current release it also disables turbo write).

30 minutes ago, Benson said:

Also don't writing more then 1 session.

Thanks guys, What I mean by that is that when Im copying a file (singular) to a share, it's also writing to the 2 parity drives at the same time yea? or have I got that wrong?

15 minutes ago, ChatNoir said:

Yes, it is updating the parity to match the new data.

I think what they mean is not have several big stream of data to the array at the same time as such :

image.thumb.png.8e25f9d282e7e9c929bf2ffd66f75b1a.png

This would be much slower than a single stream.

Ah yes, yea I would say that would slow it down alright. So then do you recon my speeds are about right considering the setup I have? End of the day I don't need it to be no rocket, its purely for file storage and I thought with 2 parity drives its safer than 1 especially when some of the drives are a little on the older side. 

2 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Yes, but did you try turbo write? Should be considerably faster, at the expense of all disks spinning up for writes.

I have yes, transferring files across network now and it's going at 13mb in all fairness its photos that's moving so its smaller files. I'll try a larger one when this finishes to see if it makes much difference.