Windows Storage Not Updating

Share free space is derived from the drives in use. When that share starts to use the new drive, the total will update. Whether or not new files to that share will be written to the new drive depends on global and share allocation settings.

If you can't determine from those settings what is happening, attach the diagnostics zip file to your next post in this thread and ask for help.

11 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Share free space is derived from the drives in use. When that share starts to use the new drive, the total will update. Whether or not new files to that share will be written to the new drive depends on global and share allocation settings.

If you can't determine from those settings what is happening, attach the diagnostics zip file to your next post in this thread and ask for help.

I am not sure I understand your answer that seems focused on Unraid (Diag).

My understanding of the question is that @Chewbr0ca has no problems within Unraid but with Windows not showing the appropriate space. I suppose using a network drive. It should work, I did add new drives yesterday and the Windows Network drive is properly updated.

Did you try to delete and recreate the drive in Windows ?

2 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

I am not sure I understand your answer that seems focused on Unraid (Diag).

My understanding of the question is that @Chewbr0ca has no problems within Unraid but with Windows not showing the appropriate space. I suppose using a network drive. It should work, I did add new drives yesterday and the Windows Network drive is properly updated.

Did you try to delete and recreate the drive in Windows ?

The answer originally given was correct.    Until Unraid gets around to having at least 1 file belonging to the share on a drive the drive is not counted towards the available space when querying across the network.  In practice the first file (or folder) tends to get created almost immediately so users do not notice this behavior.

• Like 1