Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)

3 minutes ago, falconexe said:

Above my pay-grade LOL. I wish I had the time to figure that out. I'm sure GilbN will figure it out (if he hasn't already).

Think I know the host variable bug. On the datasource select the $telegrafdatasource variable. I have the same bug on mine iirc. I think my dash is set to use a datasource called Telegraf on the host variable. 

Just now, FreeMan said:

image.png.8d898ddac131d530baafef9732256b61.png

I seem to recall having changed that very early on. Or at least looked at it.

No idea where that error is coming from then. Save your dashboard to a JSON file, and and then do a search for "MassEffect". We need to isolate where it thinks that is coming from. Also, you should be able to do a find and replace on that with "NAS" and it *MAY* fix it.

5 minutes ago, GilbN said:

Think I know the host variable bug. On the datasource select the $telegrafdatasource variable. I have the same bug on mine iirc. I think my dash is set to use a datasource called Telegraf on the host variable. 

So on the datasource variable, I just see "MassEffect" and "default" in the drop down. Should I default it to "$telegrafdatasource"?

image.png.3f00e01e1fcf06ccb8ab524c2e1a45c8.png

Edited by falconexe
5 minutes ago, falconexe said:

So on the datasource variable, I just see "MassEffect" and "default" in the drop down. Should I default it to "$telegrafdatasource"?

image.png.3f00e01e1fcf06ccb8ab524c2e1a45c8.png

@GilbN I just hard coded that variable in and it did not break, but when I reload the dashboard, it goes back to "MassEffect". 🤷‍♂️

image.png.fc3594fd5a5b0274be9f9d751b46524f.png

Edited by falconexe
16 minutes ago, falconexe said:

No idea where that error is coming from then. Save your dashboard to a JSON file, and and then do a search for "MassEffect". We need to isolate where it thinks that is coming from. Also, you should be able to do a find and replace on that with "NAS" and it *MAY* fix it.

Check that all panels are using a variable as datasource 

56 minutes ago, GilbN said:

I dont have rootfs there and I know other users that dont get the /rootfs paths prepended. Not sure why. 

Yea, yours. I just downloaded the lastest, and if I try and edit the variable it doesnt display the query when you click edit on it. 

https://selfhosted.app/f3c10/GIwIGOSa20.mp4

@GilbN So I watched the video and I still have the actual Query in there. Any idea why it would drop like that? Again, I made no changes here from your original template.

image.thumb.png.b5e60cb65d5e812ae6a62eed0ad3bd3d.png

1 hour ago, GilbN said:

Probably because of the hardcoded paths @falconexe uses on those panels. Falc, you should switch those to some regex. /.*user0/ will match /rootfs/mnt/user0 and /mnt/user0. 

1 hour ago, GilbN said:

I dont have rootfs there and I know other users that dont get the /rootfs paths prepended. Not sure why. 

I wonder if it is because I have this and others may not in the Telegraf docker config?

image.thumb.png.423704eace8ac29631e75644dc71b528.png

Edited by falconexe
5 minutes ago, FreeMan said:

I think this is what @GilbN means

image.png.59e2b2bcef0e41f186f002d2c22a4e97.png

Yes, you have 3 options that should work. NAS, default (which is NAS), or the datasource. All of these $variables should be "NAS" though because you set them in the top dashboard variables. If you happen to see "MassEffect" still in there anywhere on a query, let me know so I can investigate.

Typically I try to match up the query topic with the correct dynamic variable. So if it is a disk query, I use the disk variable, UPS is. $ups etc. Everything else is just $telegraf.

In mine, I just set it to use "MassEffect" because it was, in effect, the same thing since all 3 variables were set to that same string.

Edited by falconexe
4 minutes ago, falconexe said:

@FreeMan Anyway, you making good progress? Things looking "pretty" yet?

Well, I just copied all the raw JSON to Notepad++ and did a search/replace for "MassEffect" with "NAS". I found 4 occurences of "datasource" : "MassEffect" and replaced them. I went back to the main menu of Grafana, then reselected the UUD and it came up without any errors about not being able to find a "MassEffect" data source, so there that!

Also, I think that may be a MUCH more efficient way of getting rid of the queries for the extra 15 or so drives - I've only got 8 data drives plus parity and the Grafana interface is really slow in deleting.

I've edited a couple of the disk graphs to eliminate Parity02, since I'm only running one parity drive, but I haven't been able to get any disk usage stats yet. I haven't tried downloading GilbN's most recent dash to see if that works yet. Been busy grilling & eating dinner, so it's been in and out. ;)

Edited by FreeMan
3 minutes ago, FreeMan said:

Well, I just copied all the raw JSON to Notepad++ and did a search/replace for "MassEffect" with "NAS". I found 4 occurences of "datasource" : "MassEffect" and replaced them. I went back to the main menu of Grafana, then reselected the UUD and it came up without any errors about not being able to find a "MassEffect" data source, so there that!

I've edited a couple of the disk graphs to eliminate Parity02, since I'm only running one parity drive, but I haven't been able to get any disk usage stats yet. I haven't tried downloading GilbN's most recent dash to see if that works yet. Been busy grilling & eating dinner, so it's been in and out. ;)

No worries. Now that I know there are 4 instances of my Server in the JSON, I will go look at where those are coming from and make them dynamic. Thanks for looking into that. I'm working my normal job here to and trying to cook dinner as well.

Let me know if you need some 1-on-1 help with getting your disk stats. It should be very simple. I'm down for a phone call if you want to DM me. I'm in the USA (Mountain Time).

Edited by falconexe

I just DL'd @GilbN's dashboard (7233) and it does seem to give me some numbers:

image.png.7ce2bd1a5507d9aeaa0ccaa20131f0a2.png

However, the "Today" in blue hasn't changed, even though I've copied a couple of GB of data around for testing purposes. It does seem to have picked up all my drives and none extra.

I just copied another ~13 GB of data from the array to a new temp directory (on the cache drive) using my Win10 machine to force some network traffic. This is the network throughput Win10 was reporting:

image.png.cddb8c3fe2a666c274060ae423b1c932.png

And this is what Grafana (on a 5 second update) was reporting as soon as I could get a screen shot (after the one above).

image.png.23119cb8343d4bcde0c098d8938966d1.png

I'm not sure which one to believe, though I'd think Win was closer to accurate considering the amount of time it took to copy.

After copying this data, the Blue "Data Growth Today" box still isn't indicating anything - it's still reading "0 B".

It's actually giving me some CPU temps, though I'm not sure what each temp actually is (most are labeled "it8620-isa-0228"). I recall some issues with that a few years ago - this isn't a server MoBo. It isn't even a high-end MoBo, so it may not report a lot of things that others might.

I'll have a poke into some of the queries and see if I can duplicate them in @falconexe's dash and post the results. I probably won't get to it tonight, though.

2 hours ago, FreeMan said:

However, the "Today" in blue hasn't changed, even though I've copied a couple of GB of data around for testing purposes. It does seem to have picked up all my drives and none extra.

I just copied another ~13 GB of data from the array to a new temp directory (on the cache drive) using my Win10 machine to force some network traffic. This is the network throughput Win10 was reporting:

And this is what Grafana (on a 5 second update) was reporting as soon as I could get a screen shot (after the one above).

I'm not sure which one to believe, though I'd think Win was closer to accurate considering the amount of time it took to copy.

After copying this data, the Blue "Data Growth Today" box still isn't indicating anything - it's still reading "0 B".

It's actually giving me some CPU temps, though I'm not sure what each temp actually is (most are labeled "it8620-isa-0228"). I recall some issues with that a few years ago - this isn't a server MoBo. It isn't even a high-end MoBo, so it may not report a lot of things that others might.

I'll have a poke into some of the queries and see if I can duplicate them in @falconexe's dash and post the results. I probably won't get to it tonight, though.

Upon starting dev on my version, I noticed that GilbN has many of his units set to non Metric which can very much skew results for us Westerners. So in the UUD, I completely remapped every single unit to match USA standards. Everything works and is accurate in my version. I have tested this extensively. Also in his version, many of those queries are using mean (average) where mine is using (last) which is the exact last measurement that Telagraf sent to InfluxDB. Not to mention padding...

Example in his latest dashboard - mix of Metric (TB) and Non Metric units (Tib):

image.png.de5ec772641984b532c3d029c2beab8f.png

I am working on fixing Version 1.2 now. I found those references to my server and will be updating them with the correct variable. I should have this ready tonight as version 1.21 as it is a minor bug fix.

Edited by falconexe
4 minutes ago, falconexe said:

Also in his version, many of those queries are using mean (average) where mine is using (last) which is the exact last measurement that Telagraf sent to InfluxDB. Not to mention padding...

To be fair, there are use cases for both. I developed UUD to be as near to REAL TIME data as possible.

Edited by falconexe
6 hours ago, FreeMan said:

You screenshot the network panel. That wouldn't show anything when copying data internally. SMB is sometimes smart enough to see that it's internal.  And the disk growth panels are only displaying the array growth. It does not take in account the cache drives. 

Are you using an AMD cpu? I made the dashboard on an Intel system, so that's probably why it's showing wierd. 

Hey guys. I am hard at work in version 1.3 (bug fixes mostly). But I did come across something pretty interesting. There is a way to make drive order/mapping permanent by using the serial number of the drive. 

You have to add the following path to the Telegraf docker.

image.thumb.png.0465fe8e9b45b6eab393a7a8ff024c92.png

image.thumb.png.776022209079006f2b43c61e0d1f5d6c.png

Then Edit telegraf.conf > [[inputs.diskio]] > Add device_tags = ["ID_SERIAL"] > Use ID_SERIAL Flag is Grafana

This means that upon booting, you don't have to worry about SD* changing, and you could override the serial number with "DISK01" etc. So the serials would never show unless you want them to. I will test and report back.

Edited by falconexe
  • Like 2