Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)


697 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Donate: support.png.c55558d7263112a1338d235445cfa44e.png

 

 

Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)

 

Current Release: Version 1.5 (Adds Real Time PLEX Monitoring)

 

 

 

UUD NEWS:

  • 2021-01-12: The Ultimate UNRAID¬†Dashboard Membership is Launched
  • 2021-01-11: The UUD Tops¬†1,000 Unique Downloads¬†ūüí嬆ūüéČ
  • 2021-01-07: UUD is¬†Featured as¬†the FIRST "Best of the Forum" Blog¬†ūü•á
  • 2021-01-06: UUD Donations Site¬†is Created
  • 2020-12-31: UUD Version 1.5 is Released
  • 2020-10-09: UUD Version 1.4 is Released
  • 2020-09-28: The UUD is Featured in the Official UNRAID Monthly Newsletter (September 2020)!
  • 2020-09-21: UUD Version 1.3 is Released
  • 2020-09-14: UUD Version 1.2 is Released
  • 2020-09-12: UUD Version 1.1 is Released
  • 2020-09-11: The UUD is Born and Version 1.0 is Released

 

 

Overview:

Welcome to the OFFICIAL UUD forum topic.  The UUD is my attempt to develop the Ultimate Grafana/Telegraf/InfluxDB/Plex/Tautulli/Varken dashboard. This entire endeavor started when one of our fellow users @hermy65 posed a simple, but complex question in another forum topic (see post #3). I decided to give it a shot, as I am an IT professional, specifically in enterprise data warehouse/SQL server. After a few days of hard work, UUD version 1.0 was released. We are currently on Version 1.5, and the project is in active development. If you are a Grafana developer, or have had experience building dashboards/panels for UNRAID, please let me know. I would love to collaborate.

 

 

Version 1.5 Screenshots (Click the Images as They are Very High Resolution):

 

01.thumb.png.91d58bd1db7c77411da9a3947ef34e89.png

2.thumb.png.257715167295e2e1bf9341e03ed4480a.png

3.thumb.png.cda4a7b402b1b0e7c1a924827eaee667.png

4.thumb.png.fffa6bde6ffec5b68f1dbd6cbd7de404.png

5.thumb.png.a65f3fe3579474e8e1a1a22d61267094.png

6.thumb.png.19a0cc39770bfd74ff21bba2760f8164.png

7.thumb.png.a9d3aad79f83b3c1a3ab7f0161f04a2a.png

8.thumb.png.91b7d8b2c7888cdfe87b4cffaa418de3.png

9.thumb.png.f7437f65fd7a53eb0ac5f7ece5ac4085.png

10.thumb.png.17556b31600e49cf5878a70c7b1fcfd2.png

11.thumb.png.8d6633690120c7fc2077bde5d52107c2.png

 

 

 

Disclaimer: This is based on my 30 Drive UNRAID Array. So this shows an example of a fully maxed out UNRAID setup with max drives, dual CPUs, Dual NICs, etc. You will/may need to adjust panels & queries to accommodate your individual UNRAID/PLEX architecture. I have spent many hours custom coding new functionality and features based on that original template. Much has been learned and I am excited to see how far this can go in the future. Thanks again!

 

 

Developers:

  • Primary Developer:¬†@falconexe¬†(USA)
    • UUD Creator¬†| Active Development | Panels | Database¬†Queries | Integration | Look & Feel | GUI | Refinement | Support
  • Developer/Colleague:¬†@GilbN¬†(Europe)
    • Dashboard Examples | Back-end | Dynamics | REGEX | Support | Tutorials

 

 

Contributors:

 

 

Dependencies (Last Updated On 2021-01-12)

  • Docker - InfluxDB
  • Docker - Telegraf
    • Docker Network Type: HOST (Otherwise You May Not Get All Server Metrics)
    • ūüĎȬ†Create Telegraf Configuration File¬†ūüĎą¬†(DO THIS FIRST!)
      • Create and Place a¬†image.png.718db2fa7bd030f3b87fabbb1016f388.png¬†File into Directory "mnt/user/appdata/YOUR_TELEGRAF_FOLDER"
      • Enable and Install Telegraf Plugins
        • Telegraf Plugin - [[inputs.net]]
          • Enable in telegraf.config
        • Telegraf Plugin - [[inputs.docker]]
          • Enable in telegraf.config
        • Telegraf Pugin -¬†[[inputs.diskio]]¬†
          • Enable in telegraf.config
          • To Use Static Drive Serial Numbers in Grafana (For DiskIO Queries)¬†Do the Following:
            • Edit¬†telegraf.conf¬†>¬†[[inputs.diskio]]¬†> Add¬†device_tags =¬†["ID_SERIAL"]¬†> Use¬†ID_SERIAL¬†Flag¬†in¬†Grafana
            • Now Upon Booting, You Don't Have to Worry About SD*¬†Mounts Changing (So Your Graphs Don't Get Messed Up!)
            • You Can Also¬†Set Overrides on the Query Fields to Map the Serial Number to a Common Disk¬†Name Like¬†"DISK01" etc.
        • Telegraf Plugin - [[inputs.smart]]
          • Enable in telegraf.config
            • Also Enable "attributes = true"
          • Bash Into Telegraf Docker and Run "apk add smartmontools"
        • Telegraf Plugin - [[inputs.ipmi_sensor]]
          • Enable in telegraf.config
          • Bash Into Telegraf Docker and Run¬† "apk add ipmitool"
        • Telegraf Plugin -¬†[[inputs.apcupsd]]
          • Enable in telegraf.config
      • Telegraf Docker Config
        • Add New Path (NOTE: This path¬†has now been merged into Atribe's Telegraf Docker Image. (Thanks @GilbN¬†& @atribe)10.png.3c2db3d43d7d815c8724af977ca96abe.png
        • Post Arguments
          • "/bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk upgrade && apk add ipmitool && apk add smartmontools && telegraf'"11.png.8bccc08a88f66075873335c98cc74f35.png
  • Docker - Grafana
    • Grafana Plugins
      • Pie Chart Panel
        • Run Following Command in Docker:¬†grafana-cli plugins install grafana-piechart-panel
      • World Map

        • Run Following Command in Docker: grafana-cli plugins install grafana-worldmap-panel

  • Docker - Tautulli
  • Docker - Varken
  • CA Plugin:¬†IPMI Tools
  • License: GeoLite2 (Free)

 

  • NON SERVER HARDWARE (If You Cannot Use "IPMI" and Need to Use "Sensors")
    • As an alternate to IPMI to monitor CPU/System/Aux Temps, you can try the Sensors Plugin.
      • Telegraf Plugin - [[inputs.sensors]]

        • Enable ¬†in the Telegraf Config (Uncomment It)

        • Bash into the Telegraf Docker and Execute "apk add lm_sensors"

      • Stop All 3 Dockers (Grafana > Telegraf > InfluxDB)

      • If You¬†Want to Keep This Plugin¬†in Perpetuity, You Will Need to Modify Your Telegraf Docker Post Arguments¬†(Adding lm_sensors):

        "/bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk upgrade && apk add ipmitool && apk add smartmontools && apk add lm_sensors && telegraf'"

      • Start All 3 Dockers (InfluxDB > Telegraf > Grafana)

 

 

Dashboard Variables (Update These For Your Server): 

Variables.thumb.png.5e9eb30f174c5dca0a70b27899d543c7.png

 

 

 

Let me know if you have any questions or are having any issues getting this up and running if you are interested. I am happy to help. I haven't been this geeked out about my UNRAID server in a very long time. This is the cherry on top for my UNRAID experience going back to 2014 when I built my first server. Thanks everyone!

 

 

 

VERSION 1.5 (Current)

Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard - Version 1.5 - 2020-12-31 (falconexe).json

 

VERSION 1.4 (Deprecated)

Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard - Version 1.4 - 2020-10-09 (falconexe).json

 

VERSION 1.3 (Very Deprecated)

Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard - Version 1.3 - 2020-09-21 (falconexe).json

 

VERSION 1.2 (Extremely Deprecated)

Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard - Version 1.2 - falconexe.json

 

 

Edited by falconexe
Version 1.5 Update
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
  • Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donate:      Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)   Current Release: Version 1.5 (Adds Real Time PLEX Monitoring)       UUD NEWS: 2021-01-12: The Ultima

Something really cool happened. I woke up this morning and my profile had this green wording on it.       I just officially became the newest UNRAID "Community Developer". I

The Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard Version 1.5¬†is here!¬†This is another HUGE¬†ūüėĀ¬†update adding INTEGRATED PLEX Monitoring via Varken/Tautulli. This update is loosely derived from the¬†official Varken dashboar

Posted Images

LATEST RELEASE NOTES:

 

On 12/31/2020 at 9:41 PM, falconexe said:

¬†The Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard Version 1.5¬†is here!¬†This is another HUGE¬†ūüėĀ¬†update adding INTEGRATED PLEX Monitoring via Varken/Tautulli. This update is loosely derived from the¬†official Varken dashboard, but I stripped¬†it down to the bolts, modded¬†the crap out of it, and streamlined it with a straight Plex focus. Honestly, the only code that sill remains from their¬†official dash is the single geo-mapping graph,¬†as it is not actually an editable¬†panel, but rather straight JSON code. I wanted to say thank you to that team for providing a great baseline to start from, and all of their previous work!

 

The UUD Version 1.5 adds 50 new Panels within 3 new sections. I have placed these strategically within the UUD right below the Overwatch section, as this is the second data set that I would want to see, right after my overall server health. As always, with greater features, comes a greater need for plugins and dependencies. I have provided links and resources below to help you along.

 

 

New Dependencies:

  • Install Guides/Tutorials:
  • Dockers:
    • Varken (Install With Default Setup / Follow Current Project Install Guide)
    • Tautuilli (Install With Default Setup / Follow Current Project Install Guide)
  • Docker AppData:
    • Varken Config (Follow Varken Install Guide)
  • New Grafana Data Source:
    • "Varken"
  • New Grafana Plugins
    • Pie Chart Panel

      • Run Following Command in Docker:¬†grafana-cli plugins install grafana-piechart-panel

    • World Map

      • Run Following Command in Docker: grafana-cli plugins install grafana-worldmap-panel

  • Third Party:
    • FREE GeoLite2 License Registration (Follow Varken Install Guide)
    • Without this, the MAP WILL NOT WORK.

 

Please Note: This release is an example tailored to MY Plex setup/library. The intent here is that you will take this and modify it for your Plex Library/Setup. You have everything you require to template new panels and to add new media sections as needed!

 

 

Highlights:

  • Real Time Plex Monitoring
    • Extremely Detailed Breakdown of All Current Streams
    • Current Number of Streams
    • Internal and External Streaming Bandwidth Breakdown
    • Stream Origination (Geo Location) With Interactive Map
    • Streaming Types
    • Streaming Devices
    • Detailed User Monitoring
    • Current Library Statistics Broken Out By Library Sections
  • Plex Library Growth
    • Plex Library Growth Over Time (Day/Week/Month/Year)
      • Currently Templated For Following Media Sections
        • TV Shows
        • Movies
        • Documentary TV Shows
        • Documentary Movies
        • Anime Shows
        • Music
        • You Can Add More...
  • Historical¬†Plex Monitoring
    • Heat Maps to See Your Overall Streaming Saturation (Last Day/Week/Month/Year)
    • Device Types (Last Month)
    • Stream Types (Last Month)
    • Media Types (Last Month)
    • Media Streaming Qualities (Last Month)
    • Stream Log (Last Week with Limit of¬†Last 1,000 For Performance Reasons)
      • Log Captures All Streaming Activity Via 10 Minute Intervals

 

 

Screenshots (With Personal Info Redacted):

 

2.thumb.png.40936ce7ff124a0245369baffb9df321.png

3.thumb.png.8b615869d0400b92e7accc41c5f40e49.png

4.thumb.png.da8bebb700afae1719727f35526ffe38.png

 

I am very pleased that I could still get this out to you all in 2020 (my time), so hopefully this will ease us into a better 2021! As always, I'm here if you need me. ENJOY and Happy New Year!

 

 

See Post Number 1 For the New Version 1.5 JSON File!

 

 

Previous Release Notes:

Version 1.4

Version 1.3

 

Edited by falconexe
Link to post

RESOURCES:

 

 Original Forum Post Where I Initially Developed UUD Versions 1.0 & 1.1:

 

Tutorials:

 

 

Docker Support: 

 

  • @atribe¬†Docker Repo (Base Dockers):¬†

 

Edited by falconexe
Link to post

Picking up our conversation from the previous thread:

 

Quote

You also need to ensure your Telegraf config is setup under S.M.A.R.T. where you are not explicitly placing drive names in there.

This is what the inputs.smart section says now:

# # Read metrics from storage devices supporting S.M.A.R.T.
 [[inputs.smart]]
#   ## Optionally specify the path to the smartctl executable
#   # path = "/usr/bin/smartctl"
#
#   ## On most platforms smartctl requires root access.
#   ## Setting 'use_sudo' to true will make use of sudo to run smartctl.
#   ## Sudo must be configured to to allow the telegraf user to run smartctl
#   ## without a password.
#   # use_sudo = false
#
#   ## Skip checking disks in this power mode. Defaults to
#   ## "standby" to not wake up disks that have stoped rotating.
#   ## See --nocheck in the man pages for smartctl.
#   ## smartctl version 5.41 and 5.42 have faulty detection of
#   ## power mode and might require changing this value to
#   ## "never" depending on your disks.
    nocheck = "standby"
#
#   ## Gather all returned S.M.A.R.T. attribute metrics and the detailed
#   ## information from each drive into the 'smart_attribute' measurement.
#   # attributes = false
#
#   ## Optionally specify devices to exclude from reporting.
#   # excludes = [ "/dev/pass6" ]
#
#   ## Optionally specify devices and device type, if unset
#   ## a scan (smartctl --scan) for S.M.A.R.T. devices will
#   ## done and all found will be included except for the
#   ## excluded in excludes.
#   # devices = [ "/dev/ada0 -d atacam" ]
#
#   ## Timeout for the smartctl command to complete.
#   # timeout = "30s"

I had not previously edited this section at all, since there was no indication of needing to do so in GilbN's tutorial. I restarted telegraf after making these changes, but now (5-10 minutes later), I'm not seeing any HD data at all. I've updated to your V1.2 dash (replaced v1.1 with the same ID number) and I'm not getting anything.

 

I've noted that from an SSH directly into the server, that `ls` cannot find /usr/bin/smartctl, but `which` seems to be able to find it, so I'm cornfused...

root@NAS:/usr/bin# which smartctl
/usr/sbin/smartctl
root@NAS:/usr/bin# ls -la sma*
/bin/ls: cannot access 'sma*': No such file or directory

Of course, I realized that my drives were all spun down, and, theoretically, it should have been skipping data gathering for them. However, I'm still getting nothing even 10 minutes after clicking "spin up all drives".

Edited by FreeMan
Link to post
40 minutes ago, FreeMan said:

Of course, I realized that my drives were all spun down, and, theoretically, it should have been skipping data gathering for them. However, I'm still getting nothing even 10 minutes after clicking "spin up all drives".

 

I have this line commented out. Try that.

# nocheck = "standby"

 

Please also screenshot one of the queries where you are trying to select any drive data. I need to look at how/what it is trying to do. Maybe the Array I/O section or drive temps panel would be a good place to start. In all cases, you will need to correctly pick your drive(s) in these queries.

 

After some other searching, you may have to enable S.M.A.R.T. on your drives explicitly. I found the below command. Where "X" is your correct last drive kernel letter. However, you really shouldn't have to do this as my drives had smart natively within UNRAID. Nothing special had to be done. My guess is that you don't need to do this, but wanted to throw it out there as some people couldn't get S.M.A.R.T. to work until they ran this command (use at your own risk).

 

smartctl -s /dev/sdX

Edited by falconexe
Link to post
11 minutes ago, falconexe said:

After some other searching, you may have to enable S.M.A.R.T. on your drives explicitly. I found the below command. Where "X" is your correct last drive kernel letter. However, you really shouldn't have to do this as my drives had smart natively within UNRAID. Nothing special had to be done. My guess is that you don't need to do this, but wanted to throw it out there as some people couldn't get S.M.A.R.T. to work until they ran this command (use at your own risk).

My thought is that this shouldn't be necessary as I'm getting SMART reports in the unRAID WebGUI by default as well. After uncommenting the [[inputs.smart]] section header, I noticed this in the log:

2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Starting Telegraf 1.15.3
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Using config file: /etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Loaded inputs: processes hddtemp netstat disk diskio docker sensors kernel apcupsd net smart cpu swap mem system
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Loaded aggregators:
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Loaded processors:
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Loaded outputs: influxdb
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Tags enabled: host=NAS
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! [agent] Config: Interval:10s, Quiet:false, Hostname:"NAS", Flush Interval:10s
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Starting Telegraf 1.15.3
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Using config file: /etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Loaded inputs: processes hddtemp netstat disk diskio docker sensors kernel apcupsd net smart cpu swap mem system
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Loaded aggregators:
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Loaded processors:
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Loaded outputs: influxdb
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Tags enabled: host=NAS
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! [agent] Config: Interval:10s, Quiet:false, Hostname:"NAS", Flush Interval:10s
2020-09-14T18:40:30Z E! [inputs.smart] Error in plugin: smartctl not found: verify that smartctl is installed and that smartctl is in your PATH
2020-09-14T18:40:30Z E! [inputs.smart] Error in plugin: smartctl not found: verify that smartctl is installed and that smartctl is in your PATH

So it seems that it's not able to find smartctl at all, which is really odd since:

root@NAS:~# which smartctl
/usr/sbin/smartctl

indicates that it's there and on the path.

Also:

root@NAS:~# smartctl -a /dev/sdb
smartctl 7.1 2019-12-30 r5022 [x86_64-linux-4.19.107-Unraid] (local build)
Copyright (C) 2002-19, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org

=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
<snip>

so from a command line, at least, I can access smartctl

 

I was not getting any UPS info, then I discovered the [[inputs.apcupsd]] section and uncommented the header there. Now UPS data is working fine.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, FreeMan said:

I was not getting any UPS info, then I discovered the [[inputs.apcupsd]] section and uncommented the header there. Now UPS data is working fine.

 

I added this to the list of plugins to enable in the announcement post. Thanks for catching that. I forgot about that one...

Link to post

I noticed you are still loading HDDTemp. You can comment that out in the config since we will be using S.M.A.R.T. exclusively to pull temps.

 

20-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Starting Telegraf 1.15.3

2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Using config file: /etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf

2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Loaded inputs: processes hddtemp netstat disk diskio docker sensors kernel apcupsd net smart cpu swap mem system

 

Link to post
7 minutes ago, FreeMan said:

My thought is that this shouldn't be necessary as I'm getting SMART reports in the unRAID WebGUI by default as well. After uncommenting the [[inputs.smart]] section header, I noticed this in the log:


2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Starting Telegraf 1.15.3
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Using config file: /etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Loaded inputs: processes hddtemp netstat disk diskio docker sensors kernel apcupsd net smart cpu swap mem system
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Loaded aggregators:
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Loaded processors:
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Loaded outputs: influxdb
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Tags enabled: host=NAS
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! [agent] Config: Interval:10s, Quiet:false, Hostname:"NAS", Flush Interval:10s
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Starting Telegraf 1.15.3
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Using config file: /etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Loaded inputs: processes hddtemp netstat disk diskio docker sensors kernel apcupsd net smart cpu swap mem system
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Loaded aggregators:
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Loaded processors:
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Loaded outputs: influxdb
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! Tags enabled: host=NAS
2020-09-14T18:40:25Z I! [agent] Config: Interval:10s, Quiet:false, Hostname:"NAS", Flush Interval:10s
2020-09-14T18:40:30Z E! [inputs.smart] Error in plugin: smartctl not found: verify that smartctl is installed and that smartctl is in your PATH
2020-09-14T18:40:30Z E! [inputs.smart] Error in plugin: smartctl not found: verify that smartctl is installed and that smartctl is in your PATH

So it seems that it's not able to find smartctl at all, which is really odd since:


root@NAS:~# which smartctl
/usr/sbin/smartctl

indicates that it's there and on the path.

 

 

 

Agreed if you are getting S.M.A.R.T. reports anywhere, then it is working.

 

Perhaps you need to explicitly tell it the path in the Telegraf config for some reason on your system. Can you try uncommenting this line and ensuring the path for your server is correct?

 

# # Read metrics from storage devices supporting S.M.A.R.T. [[inputs.smart]]

# ## Optionally specify the path to the smartctl executable

# # path = "/usr/bin/smartctl"

Link to post
2 minutes ago, falconexe said:

Perhaps you need to explicitly tell it the path in the Telegraf config for some reason on your system. Can you try uncommenting this line and ensuring the path for your server is correct?

I'd thought about that...

 

Uncommented (removed both #) and at least the error is different, and different is progress. Right! Right??

2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Starting Telegraf 1.15.3
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Using config file: /etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Loaded inputs: mem apcupsd disk net netstat diskio kernel processes system cpu docker sensors smart swap
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Loaded aggregators:
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Loaded processors:
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Loaded outputs: influxdb
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Tags enabled: host=NAS
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! [agent] Config: Interval:10s, Quiet:false, Hostname:"NAS", Flush Interval:10s
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Starting Telegraf 1.15.3
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Using config file: /etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Loaded inputs: mem apcupsd disk net netstat diskio kernel processes system cpu docker sensors smart swap
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Loaded aggregators:
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Loaded processors:
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Loaded outputs: influxdb
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Tags enabled: host=NAS
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! [agent] Config: Interval:10s, Quiet:false, Hostname:"NAS", Flush Interval:10s
2020-09-14T19:00:30Z E! [inputs.smart] Error in plugin: failed to run command '/usr/bin/smartctl --scan': fork/exec /usr/bin/smartctl: no such file or directory -

Also, I did stop HHDTtemp and commented it from the config so it's not looking for it on startup.

 

Interesting that the log says "Starting Telegraf 1.15.3" twice within the same second with no apparent "Stopping telegraf" message in between.

Link to post
1 hour ago, FreeMan said:

I'd thought about that...

 

Uncommented (removed both #) and at least the error is different, and different is progress. Right! Right??


2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Starting Telegraf 1.15.3
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Using config file: /etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Loaded inputs: mem apcupsd disk net netstat diskio kernel processes system cpu docker sensors smart swap
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Loaded aggregators:
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Loaded processors:
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Loaded outputs: influxdb
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Tags enabled: host=NAS
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! [agent] Config: Interval:10s, Quiet:false, Hostname:"NAS", Flush Interval:10s
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Starting Telegraf 1.15.3
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Using config file: /etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Loaded inputs: mem apcupsd disk net netstat diskio kernel processes system cpu docker sensors smart swap
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Loaded aggregators:
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Loaded processors:
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Loaded outputs: influxdb
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! Tags enabled: host=NAS
2020-09-14T19:00:27Z I! [agent] Config: Interval:10s, Quiet:false, Hostname:"NAS", Flush Interval:10s
2020-09-14T19:00:30Z E! [inputs.smart] Error in plugin: failed to run command '/usr/bin/smartctl --scan': fork/exec /usr/bin/smartctl: no such file or directory -

Also, I did stop HHDTtemp and commented it from the config so it's not looking for it on startup.

 

Interesting that the log says "Starting Telegraf 1.15.3" twice within the same second with no apparent "Stopping telegraf" message in between.

Hang tight. I found the fix. Testing now...

Link to post

@falconexe finally getting this setup and the main issue im running into so far is getting my UPS data to pull in. This is what my telegraf config looks like 

 

# # Monitor APC UPSes connected to apcupsd
[[inputs.apcupsd]]
#   # A list of running apcupsd server to connect to.
#   # If not provided will default to tcp://127.0.0.1:3551
#   servers = ["tcp://127.0.0.1:3551"]
#
#   ## Timeout for dialing server.
#   timeout = "5s"

Im guessing i need to fill out the ip of my unraid server here since im using the built in APC UPS daemon under Settings -> UPS but when i try that it says no route to hose. Im guessing i need to configure something but im not sure what. Perhaps i cannot use the built in APC UPS daemon in unraid?

 

Edited by hermy65
Link to post
17 minutes ago, falconexe said:

Hang tight. I found the fix. Testing now...

@FreeMan

 

Add this to your Post Arguments on the Docker Edit Page for Telegraf.

 

/bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk add smartmontools && telegraf'

 

This fixes the issue on my side when testing.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, hermy65 said:

@falconexe finally getting this setup and the main issue im running into so far is getting my UPS data to pull in. This is what my telegraf config looks like 

 


# # Monitor APC UPSes connected to apcupsd
[[inputs.apcupsd]]
#   # A list of running apcupsd server to connect to.
#   # If not provided will default to tcp://127.0.0.1:3551
#   servers = ["tcp://127.0.0.1:3551"]
#
#   ## Timeout for dialing server.
#   timeout = "5s"

Im noticing that in my telegraf log files this is happening over and over again even though that server is commented out in the config as referenced above

 


2020-09-14T20:53:30Z E! [inputs.apcupsd] Error in plugin: dial tcp 127.0.0.1:3551: connect: connection refused

Im guessing i need to configure something but im not sure what. Perhaps i cannot use the built in APC UPS daemon in unraid under the settings -> UPS section?

I have a meeting for actual work ha ha. I'll take a look at this later today. But yes, it appears that it cannot communicate with your UPS. I have an APC 1500 so it does work. Try placing your IP address in the servers line and uncomment it.

Link to post
8 hours ago, Roxedus said:

You can use this method to install ipmitools and the sensors at startup, this way you can get auto-updates for telegraf. https://selfhosters.net/docker/telegraf/ipmi/

@Roxedus

 

Thanks again for this tip. So what if you need to do multiple of these? The way I have UUD setup currently is we use both IPMI and Smart. Do you know the syntax to place multiple arguments?

 

I've tried the following. Individually, they both work, but combined, they do not.

 

Docker Post Arguments:

 

Fails:

  • /bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk add ipmitool && telegraf' /bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk add smartmontools && telegraf'
  • /bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk add ipmitool && telegraf',¬†/bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk add smartmontools && telegraf'
  • /bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk add ipmitool && telegraf' 'apk update && apk add smartmontools && telegraf'

 

Link to post
Just now, falconexe said:

@Roxedus

 

Thanks again for this tip. So what if you need to do multiple of these? The way I have UUD setup currently is we use both IPMI and Smart. Do you know the syntax to place multiple arguments?

 

I've tried the following. Individually, they both work, but combined, they do not.

 

Docker Post Arguments:

 

Fails:

  • /bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk add ipmitool && telegraf' /bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk add smartmontools && telegraf'
  • /bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk add ipmitool && telegraf',¬†/bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk add smartmontools && telegraf'
  • /bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk add ipmitool && telegraf' 'apk update && apk add smartmontools && telegraf'

 

/bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk upgrade && apk add ipmitool && apk add smartmontools && telegraf

Link to post
9 minutes ago, GilbN said:

/bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk upgrade && apk add ipmitool && apk add smartmontools && telegraf

 

9 minutes ago, Roxedus said:

Don't add && between the packages

You guys ROCK. @GilbN, you were missing the close quote on the end BTW...

 

So this works perfectly:

 

Solved: /bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk upgrade && apk add ipmitool && apk add smartmontools && telegraf'

 

image.thumb.png.23ac3ba42b4b2b78d95b29cf2f953cd9.png

 

I added this in the topic header under Dependencies so new users know to do this.

Edited by falconexe
Link to post
19 minutes ago, falconexe said:

@FreeMan

 

Add this to your Post Arguments on the Docker Edit Page for Telegraf.

 

/bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk add smartmontools && telegraf'

 

This fixes the issue on my side when testing.

@FreeMan

 

Actually add this. It will load both IPMI and S.M.A.R.T. when the docker automatically starts. I believe this is why it was not finding it in your path. Without these extra arguments, you would have to manually bash into the docker and manually load them each time the Docker updates/restarts.

 

/bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk upgrade && apk add ipmitool && apk add smartmontools && telegraf'

 

Report back and let me know if your log is no long spamming pink.

Edited by falconexe
Link to post
23 minutes ago, hermy65 said:

@falconexe finally getting this setup and the main issue im running into so far is getting my UPS data to pull in. This is what my telegraf config looks like 

 


# # Monitor APC UPSes connected to apcupsd
[[inputs.apcupsd]]
#   # A list of running apcupsd server to connect to.
#   # If not provided will default to tcp://127.0.0.1:3551
#   servers = ["tcp://127.0.0.1:3551"]
#
#   ## Timeout for dialing server.
#   timeout = "5s"

Im guessing i need to fill out the ip of my unraid server here since im using the built in APC UPS daemon under Settings -> UPS but when i try that it says no route to hose. Im guessing i need to configure something but im not sure what. Perhaps i cannot use the built in APC UPS daemon in unraid?

 

You can. I use it. As long as telegraf runs as host that should work.  Is the deamon running on the host?

Edited by GilbN
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.