HELP!!!!

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me out with this I am completely new to unraid. And I have got stuck on the parity snyc / Data Rebulid at 0.3% aropund 5 minutes in appox,  and has completely locked up nothing is working it is not showing up on the local network but the network is fine I am using the same network to access the internet to write for my plea for help.

My aim was to I use unraid as the family NAS as well as my own pc asa well.

History: it locked up like this once before when I copied the licence key link into the box on the web interface for the server.

and now when I start the arry 5minutes in it completely freezes. I tried this time and choose the direct GUI interface and this time the same 5 minutes in at the partiy sync locked up mat 0.3%. The only option for me is to flip the switch on the back as the power and restart buttions are also effected in the same way.

the system:

CPU: intel I7 7700k Ram: 16Gb 2400mhz hyperX ddr4 Motherboard: ASrock Z270 Taichi Graphics: AMD Raideon RX 580 PCIE Cards: KALEA-INFORMATIQUE © Controller Card PCI Express (PCI-E) to USB 3.1 – 2 External Ports – Chipset ASM1142 & glotrends PCIE NVMe Adapter Card with Full Covering Aluminum Heatsink for PC Desktop, PCIE GEN3 Full Speed (PA09-HS) Drives 1X 32Gb SanDisk Cruzer Fit, x2  2TB Samsung 860 Qvo ssd's, x2 14TB  Seagate Ironwolf pros, x6 10Tb Seagate Ironwolf Drives and x1 500Gb Samsung NVME M.2 970 Evo Plus. The unraid version is 6.9.

any help is very, very greatlyfully received.

I just wanted to know if you could get to the command line while the webUI wasn't working, so you could get us some more information while it is "locked up". There are different situations that sometime get described as "locked up".

Since you can currently get to the webUI

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics ZIP file to your NEXT post in this thread.

Also

Hello. When I looked under tools for the command line I didn't realised there was an terminal button was in a group of icons on the far right of the main window there was nothing there just a blank space in the tools pane.

where do I go for the diagnostics? and when it is locked up I loose all control it is a complete and utter lock up/freeze is best why to discibe it. I only have the ability to look around while the array is not started since it seems the auto start is currently disabled. 

11 minutes ago, Rovivrus said:

when it is locked up I loose all control it is a complete and utter lock up/freeze

Sometimes people lose access to the webUI but can still get to the command line on the server or over the network with telnet/ssh. If so, it is possible to get more information that way.

But, setting up Syslog Server as explained in that link will let you get some information saved before it "crashes" that you can retrieve later to give to us.

It seems to go after any action i take like starting the array and it went as soon after I got the diagnostic download from Tools>Diagnostics. the power supply is a corsair 750Watt RMI I tried my up most to share the load I have three cables used for the drives and molex via an adaptor for the usb card and lighting. and the 4x 120mm fans. and the graphics card is on its own cable. to my knowledge the ram and the cpus stock turbo boost are the only things that have an active overclock.

no the CPU is at it's stock speeds but the turbo boost is active. I only installed the cpu and mounted an air cpu cooler the software settings of the cpu I left apart from make sure the verbalisation was enabled. the ram I installed according to the motherboards manual and left the software side apart from running memtest.

the clock speed of the ram is 2400. which i know is an overclock (as i think 2133 is highest non overclock speed) but it is the 2400mhz is what the manufacture set. so basically I just installed the components checked to see if verbalisation was enabled for the CPU and RAM installed and memtest ran.

5 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Your RAM is 2666Mhz, and that's supported by the CPU, that's not the problem, unless the RAM is bad.

I did do a memory test via the the included software with unraid to start and it passed. So, some one mentioned a power issue since we have ruled out ram is 750Watt okay? as I have mentioned I have tried to share the load evenly as possible the 10 drives across three cables and a forth being molex for usb expansion card fan and lighting hub, the graphics card is on it own cable?

Sorry I have not replied sooner, This week end I have put time aside to put swap out the  power supply for a brand new 1000w power supply to rule out power. so I hope by late Saturday/Sunday to rule out power as the issue, I will certainly keeping XMP disabled. if it still locks up then I will be trying another route. But I do have one question would I need to acquire another license key?  due  to the guides from the main site cover moving a key over to a key with the same version in case of failing flash drive.   and in the pricing upgrading is permitted but it doesn't mention downgrading?

• trurl locked this topic