[Support] tmchow - n8n workflow automation

I have n8n installed on my unRaid server A and just tried installing it on my unRaid server B. When trying to copy over the settings, I noticed that the new installation wasn't asking for: Basic Auth, Basic Auth Username, and Basic Auth Password. Am I supposed to add those manually? 

When I install without those, I get the same error as frankie666. 

For fun, I added those variables manually and got the same error. You can see the error clearly if you check the logs quickly after starting. If you wait long enough the errors time out and the logs only flash what frankie666 showed.

Edited by RichardU
4 minutes ago, RichardU said:

I have n8n installed on my unRaid server A and just tried installing it on my unRaid server B. When trying to copy over the settings, I noticed that the new installation wasn't asking for: Basic Auth, Basic Auth Username, and Basic Auth Password. Am I supposed to add those manually? 

When I install without those, I get the same error as frankie666.

Basic auth isn’t supported anymore so those aren’t needed. As for the error it looks like a permission issue. Make sure the directory and file are accessible by the n8n user 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2023 at 6:18 AM, frankie666 said:

Hi, tried to install the n8n container but it does not start properly. The log windows just popup and close. I was able to catch it with a screen record. Below the screen shot.

Any idea of the problem ?

Thanks for help.

cap_chrome_xRt6etHn6m_00_01_31_02.jpg

The problem is that the user running the container (node) is unable to write to your app folder. To fix it, set the user id and group id of that folder to 1000:1000. You can run the command below from the Unraid server terminal.

chown 1000:1000 /mnt/cache/appdata/n8n

Hope this helps!

Edited by ajmaradiaga
Added additional instructions
  • 2 months later...

Hello, would it be possible to update N8N to the latest version? I use a community made rss trigger and since they made the update it broke all my services. Their official site says the problems will be solved with the latest update. Thank you very much for n8n. Peace.

5 hours ago, T4ser said:

Hello, would it be possible to update N8N to the latest version? I use a community made rss trigger and since they made the update it broke all my services. Their official site says the problems will be solved with the latest update. Thank you very much for n8n. Peace.

what’s not working with this template that you can’t update to the latest version?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

When I log into my container (been using it for a couple of years now, and did the migration a year ago when it was needed) I now receive the following screen (note I did the chown command noted above):

image.thumb.png.2b6018bfe531d0b2550b2541cb624f8f.png

Navigating to Settings presents the following error

image.thumb.png.c2a7cd227831176e88c5bfc893452b72.png

The personal page loads, and I tried to change my password but also get a 401.

Edited by SakabaRihiro
19 hours ago, rayray14 said:

Good morning,

I installed the container from CA, had the same issues as above, but the chown command worked and got me to the user setup page. Unfortunately, I get the following error:
image.png.2c7c911615d5c023341dd234bb4a3355.png

I appreciate any help!

Fixed my issue below by changing to 1.29.1 per https://community.n8n.io/t/not-able-to-login-to-either-docker-or-npm-version-of-n8n-via-local-network/42120/2

Might work for you as well. Looks like there's a bug with the n8n docker that affects Unraid.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, gregzee said:

When i log into my fresh install I get an init and unauthorized error on the GUI. I ran the chown command. Still get that error.

I had the same issues. I had to force a version when configuring my repostory. I'm watching the repo and will just use the latest once I've seen references to it being addressed:

image.png.a18bcb2542a57e4f9a9f631578145b9d.png 

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, I am completely unable to get this running on a fresh install of unRaid 6.12.8. The WebUI gives me: This site can’t be reached

I have tried various combinations of: 

• Repository: n8nio/n8n:1.29.1
  • environment variable N8N_SECURE_COOKIE: false
  • N8N_EDITOR_BASE_URL: various
  • changing the owner of appdata/n8n 

Suggestions are welcomed.