DougCube

When exactly does 15-Day extension start?

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Does the 15-day extension start when the 30-day trial ends OR when you start the 15-day trial?

(There's a subtle difference between the two.)

@SpencerJ will know for sure, but my guess is that you get a total of 45 days from the issue date of the trial key.

The difference is not so subtle, since the license is only verified when the array is started. You can run indefinitely on the trial as long as you never stop the array, so my assumption is that the extension is purely date driven.

You can get two 15 days extensions, so the free trial can be up to 60 days.

13 hours ago, DougCube said:

Does the 15-day extension start when the 30-day trial ends OR when you start the 15-day trial?

(There's a subtle difference between the two.)

The extension is a manual process that you must initiate.

If interested, once your original trial shows "expired" in the upper left of the header, Stop the Array.

Next, go to the Registration page, and now a button shows up where you can get a 15 day extension. You can do this a total of two times before you must decide if you would like to purchase Unraid or not. 

Cheers,

Spencer

To be clear, if I have a trial key that had expired 15 days ago, does getting a 15-day extension make any difference?

29 minutes ago, DougCube said:

To be clear, if I have a trial key that had expired 15 days ago, does getting a 15-day extension make any difference?

You should be able to extend still. Please let me know if this is not the case.