We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×
  • Unraid OS Version 7.0.0-beta.1 available

ljm42

This version of Unraid OS includes significant improvements across all subsystems, while attempting to maintain backward compatibility as much as possible. For this reason, we determined it appropriate to bump the version up to 7.0. Be assured, this is still a free upgrade. Please see the release notes for all the details.

This is BETA software. Please use on test servers only.

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic in the Prereleases board. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

Upgrade steps for this release

1. Read the release notes.
    2. As always, prior to upgrading, create a backup of your USB flash device:  "Main/Flash/Flash Device Settings" - click "Flash Backup".
    3. Update all of your plugins. This is critical for the Connect, NVIDIA and Realtek plugins in particular.
    4. If the system is currently running 6.12.0 - 6.12.6, we're going to suggest that you stop the array at this point. If it gets stuck on "Retry unmounting shares", open a web terminal and type:
      umount /var/lib/docker

The array should now stop successfully.

5. If you have a recent release or Unraid Connect installed:
      • Open the dropdown in the top-right of the Unraid webgui and click Check for Update, then press More options and switch to the Next branch. You may be prompted to sign in to access the Next branch. Select the appropriate version and choose "View changelog to Start Update". More details in this blog post
    6. If you don't have the Check for Update option in the upper right corner:
      • Either install the Unraid Connect plugin or upgrade to 6.12.10 first. Then check for updates as described above.
    7. Wait for the update to download and install
    8. If you have any plugins that install 3rd party drivers (NVIDIA, Realtek, etc), wait for the notification that the new version of the driver has been downloaded. 
    9. Reboot

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic in the Prereleases board. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

• Like 18
    • Upvote 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

59 minutes ago, djblu said:

Just a heads up. I am having issues with my AMD GPU and it's making the GUI extremely slow to load. The wait is until the AMD process is finished before allowing me to use the GUI.

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic in the Prereleases board. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

9 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Try booting in safe mode and/or resetting the dashboard config, if still the same try changing to English.

Resetting dashboard/ Change language to english didn't work. Can't boot into safe mode yet because there are some processes running.

1 hour ago, ljm42 said:

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic in the Prereleases board. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

Hi, I'm not looking for help as I'll resolve the GPU issue myself. I'm highlighting this as an issue with the Unraid GUI as it's waiting for the asynchronous completion of AMDGPU every time it accesses the GPU.

Edited by djblu

Are there any plans to add support for the following ZFS options:

"recordsize"

"special_small_blocks"

within the GUI for the the ZFS special (metadata) VDEV (Pool Devices - ZFS Pool -> 'Add Sub Pool' -> "Special")?

At present I have a hybrid ZFS Pool consisting of both HDDs and SSDs.  The HDDs are configured as raidz1 and the SSDs as a 3-way mirror.  The special vdev is stored on the SSD 3-way mirror with a "recordsize" value set to 1M and the "special_small_blocks" value set to 512k - this results in the metadata together with small files (less than 512kb) residing on SSD based storage.  This significantly enhances performance when accessing the file and folder structures (as these are read from SSD) and also enables reading and writing of small files without needing to spin up the HDDs.

Would be nice if the "recordsize" and "special_small_blocks" options could be available within the GUI!

Edited by PPH
    • Like 1
    18 minutes ago, enJOyIT said:

Resetting dashboard/ Change language to english didn't work. Can't boot into safe mode yet because there are some processes running.

Booting in safe mode has the same empty config page.

16 minutes ago, PPH said:

Would be nice if the "recordsize" and "special_small_blocks" options could be available within the GUI!

I've asked for the same, together with a few more properties, hopefully soon.

• Thanks 1

After upgrading from 6.12.4 I can no longer see any of my drives that are connected over Thunderbolt in my OWC Thunderbay 8 box. Reverting back brought them back online. 

9 minutes ago, enJOyIT said:

Booting in safe mode has the same empty config page.

Hmm, I'm seeing the same for both my servers, never noticed before, maybe a bug, is it working for anyone else?

image.png

• Upvote 1
    2 minutes ago, bb12489 said:

After upgrading from 6.12.4 I can no longer see any of my drives that are connected over Thunderbolt in my OWC Thunderbay 8 box. Reverting back brought them back online

Please create a new thread in this subforum with diags from both v6.12 and v7.0

5 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Hmm, I'm seeing the same for both my servers, never noticed before, maybe a bug, is it working for anyone else?

There's a Java Script error.

• Like 1
    34 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Please create a new thread in this subforum with diags from both v6.12 and v7.0

I've already reverted back to 6.12.4, so I'll have to give this a try later tonight and post. It's very odd though since I've also tried upgrading to other 6.12.x releases and encounter the same issue with Thunderbolt not working. 

15 hours ago, Wody said:

Not sure if this is the right place, since technically I'm still on 6.12.10 but since this appears with this upgrade...

When you go to update OS, and then next, there is a link 'Provide Feedback on the Preleases Forums' which doesn't go to this thread, or even this forum, instead it goes here   . (Verified on mutliple servers)

This is fixed, thanks for reporting

54 minutes ago, dlandon said:

There's a Java Script error.

I'm seeing this on 6.12.10 as well, but not in safe mode. Probably a variable naming conflict with a plugin, need to track down which one.

49 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

I'm seeing this on 6.12.10 as well, but not in safe mode. Probably a variable naming conflict with a plugin, need to track down which one.

Hm, I tried in safe mode but same issue.

Am i the only one where Mover is not working, its not moving from cache to array, when i downgrade back to 6.12.10 it works, on Unraid 7 i get this

Jul  1 17:21:50 ATLAS move: Usage: /usr/local/sbin/mover.old start [-e] <disk_name>
    Jul  1 17:21:50 ATLAS move:        /usr/local/sbin/mover.old stop|status
    Jul  1 17:21:50 ATLAS move:        <disk_name> must match pattern 'disk[0-9]*'

problem with python 3 / pip: 

pip is configured with locations that require TLS/SSL, however the ssl module in Python is not available.

21 hours ago, JorgeB said:

That shows it's still using the old v6.12 way, do a dummy change on Settings - Scheduler - TRIM Settings, click apply, and then confirm it changed to this:

image.png

After that you should no longer see that email attempt.

Thanks, this indeed removed the email attempt, I just wondering if this specific type of errors Ignores the email settings or the updated script checks that.

9 minutes ago, thecode said:

I just wondering if this specific type of errors Ignores the email settings or the updated script checks that.

I believe it's the former.

• Like 1