The Summer Sale is on! 😎 Save BIG on Unraid Unleashed Now ×
  • Unraid OS Version 7.0.0-beta.1 available

ljm42

This version of Unraid OS includes significant improvements across all subsystems, while attempting to maintain backward compatibility as much as possible. For this reason, we determined it appropriate to bump the version up to 7.0. Be assured, this is still a free upgrade. Please see the release notes for all the details.

This is BETA software. Please use on test servers only.

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic in the Prereleases board. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

Upgrade steps for this release

1. Read the release notes.
    2. As always, prior to upgrading, create a backup of your USB flash device:  "Main/Flash/Flash Device Settings" - click "Flash Backup".
    3. Update all of your plugins. This is critical for the Connect, NVIDIA and Realtek plugins in particular.
    4. If the system is currently running 6.12.0 - 6.12.6, we're going to suggest that you stop the array at this point. If it gets stuck on "Retry unmounting shares", open a web terminal and type:
      umount /var/lib/docker

The array should now stop successfully.

5. If you have a recent release or Unraid Connect installed:
      • Open the dropdown in the top-right of the Unraid webgui and click Check for Update, then press More options and switch to the Next branch. You may be prompted to sign in to access the Next branch. Select the appropriate version and choose "View changelog to Start Update". More details in this blog post
    6. If you don't have the Check for Update option in the upper right corner:
      • Either install the Unraid Connect plugin or upgrade to 6.12.10 first. Then check for updates as described above.
    7. Wait for the update to download and install
    8. If you have any plugins that install 3rd party drivers (NVIDIA, Realtek, etc), wait for the notification that the new version of the driver has been downloaded. 
    9. Reboot

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic in the Prereleases board. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

• Like 18
    • Upvote 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

6 minutes ago, SimonF said:

Does the directory still show on array drives?

Yes. I'm in the process of removing them either manually or reassigning/formatting the drives in the array into other pools.

If this is the reason, I'll verify shortly as I'm waiting for a reboot right now.

43 minutes ago, Espressomatic said:

The limitation I'm seeing is when reassigning the location/pool for an existing share that is currently on the traditional array. Such a share has Exclusive = NO. That doesn't change to Yes when I reassign its location to the ZFS pool and set secondary storage to none. By definition it has the same settings as a new share (one pool only).

That suggests the share still has data on the array, for a share to be exclusive, the data can only exist in one pool, and not the array or any other pool

Ok, back from reboot, reconfiguration and reboot.

There is no more array and no more cache drive, all former array drives and cache are now Unassigned

There is only the ZFS pool and all shares point only to their folders on the zpool. No secondary storage for any of them.

• Exclusive is still NO for previous shares that used to point to multiple drives

• Exclusive is YES for previous shares that used to point to only one drive

• and YES for any new shares I create

Just now, Espressomatic said:

Exclusive is still NO for previous shares that used to point to multiple drives

Please create a new thread and post the diagnostics and the name of one of those shares.

• Upvote 1
    18 minutes ago, Espressomatic said:

Exclusive is still NO for previous shares that used to point to multiple drives

One thing I forgot to mention, after the data is moved, you will need to re-start the array for the share to become exclusive, it won't change on the fly.

16 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

One thing I forgot to mention, after the data is moved, you will need to re-start the array for the share to become exclusive, it won't change on the fly.

It's been restarted twice, once I believe after making initial changes and again after having re-imported the zpool as I accidentally removed it by not ticking the "preserve" box when using the "New Configuration" feature to unallocate all the array slots.

Tried another restart: No change

New thread started here:

Edited by Espressomatic

mcelog still doesn't work on amd. when a Machine check event happens, what's the command to check.

image.thumb.png.7f0bacb033acbc7f7bb178190133182b.png

new plugin to live test 2 gb pass as example:

image.thumb.png.5f8391156798672383f2f5eb5b243234.png

any updates on this?

I have a question, If I upgrade to the beta now, can I just upgrade to the non beta once the release is out?

Or better to wait?

6 minutes ago, patthe said:

I have a question, If I upgrade to the beta now, can I just upgrade to the non beta once the release is out?

Or better to wait?

Not that I know, specifically, the answer to this, as this is my first beta, but I would assume you would just update out of the beta into a normal version.

• Like 1
    33 minutes ago, patthe said:

Or better to wait?

u can update to whatever u want, final or next beta

• Like 1
    On 7/9/2024 at 2:15 PM, Exord said:

I just wanted to let you know that I have observed the following. Before I switched to 7.0.0 my nfs performance with 6.12.10 was between 850 and 950 MiBs with 7.0.0 only between 400 and 500 after a downgrade to 6.12.10 again at 850 and 950 MiBs.

Please create a new report in this subforum and post more details, like was this with small or large files, user share or disk share.

I don't typically use NFS but did a quick test I don't see any difference between releases with large files and user shares over gigabit:

v6.12.10 - 105.35MB/s

v7.0.0-b.1 - 105.54MB/s

Im gonna mention you as well@bonienl

ive noticed some odd behavior with the build in file browser during uploads. Sometimes the upload just cancels/stops/breaks and results in a 2.10 MB file. But it seems only to occure when you upload to a disk directlydisk.thumb.PNG.a747d4244b4989ca561a8a88f6307c3c.PNG

Edit:This is one of the messages, but it doesnt show up alwaysmhm.PNG.59ad147d7dc632ef0acf692e24619df4.PNG

Edit-Edit: the issue actually exists in the plugin as well. There it results in "pretending" to upload the whole file, a shitload of data is certainly send to the server, but all thats being saved is 2.10 MB. I tested it with Edge(126.0.2592.87) and Firefox (117.0).

If there is a cache drive involved, it seems to work just fine. But if the share happens to be "just" disks, its broken.

Edit-Edit-Edit: The issue does not exist in a older version, its really odd.
    Okay, the issue is actually fixed by reinstalling the plugin. That very wild. But doesnt help on unraid 7.

Edited by Mainfrezzer
    remove version number since it was wrong
    On 7/9/2024 at 1:06 PM, Mainfrezzer said:

Im currently testing it since 

so far ive seen no call traces

Thank you. I can see that the docker setting tab will not allow for macvaln if br0 is enabled:

image.thumb.png.3a8ac500362108844cfc017a0baa53cf.png

This is a good step in the right direction. For those that still need to use macvlan network setting bridging off.
    It is still recommend to use ipvlan over macvlan...

49 minutes ago, bmartino1 said:

Thank you. I can see that the docker setting tab will not allow for macvaln if br0 is enabled:

Thats a bug within the GUI and you can enable it manually by stopping the array, and deleting the dockernetworktype 1 line from the docker.cfg and then starting the array.

49 minutes ago, bmartino1 said:

This is a good step in the right direction. For those that still need to use macvlan network setting bridging off.

i did mention it here, in the thread, and reported it before. Its usable as long as you dont need incoming traffic because the macvtap suffers from incoming package drops.

PS: No call traces as of now

Also: it's somewhat of a pain that you cannot disable the macvtap and just use eth0 by itself :/. I really hope the workaround is not needed anymore 

Edited by Mainfrezzer
    • Like 1
    On 7/9/2024 at 3:15 PM, Exord said:

I just wanted to let you know that I have observed the following. Before I switched to 7.0.0 my nfs performance with 6.12.10 was between 850 and 950 MiBs with 7.0.0 only between 400 and 500 after a downgrade to 6.12.10 again at 850 and 950 MiBs.

I had a similar problem though not with NFS but with performance over all. I somehow fixed it but i'm not actually sure what did it and i can't replicate the slowdown again.

What i suspect did the slowdown was the Tips and Tweaks plugin messing with the CPU governor.

The LOAD is very high after install 7 and python3 will use 25-30% CPU permanently

Screenshot 2024-07-12 092814.png

2.png

3.png

Edited by dibux
    On 7/4/2024 at 11:02 AM, Jidovu Marius Adrian said:

I have issues with VMs on this version, new ones or old ones

2024-07-04T16:50:52.726866Z qemu-system-x86_64: vfio: Cannot reset device 0000:2a:00.3, depends on group 19 which is not owned.

And the devices in question will be 

IOMMU group 19:				[1022:1455] 2a:00.0 Non-Essential Instrumentation [1300]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Zeppelin/Renoir PCIe Dummy Function
    IOMMU group 20:				[1022:7901] 2a:00.2 SATA controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 51)

And when I add any GPU I get 

ACPI BIOS ERROR

22world-diagnostics-20240704-1901.zip

The issue so far seems to be with the CPU Passthrough because if I use the Emulated option I have no issue with the VM then

I am having the same issue with the GPU. Virtual GPU is fine but using an actual one crashes the system when the OS loads.

On 7/2/2024 at 7:28 PM, jcarroll said:

Any thoughts here? This is what I get during boot after upgrading from 6.12.10. Tried multiple times. Reverted to backups without issue.

Glad you were able to roll back and get up and running. I am really struggling to find the cause for this issue, would you please provide the diagnostics.zip (Tools -> Diagnostics) from whatever version you rolled back to?

The other person who ran into this has gotten past it, your diagnostics would be incredibly helpful.

Found a Minor Bug. Using Macvlan network an using extra option...

Moved bug report to its own post:

Edited by bmartino1
    move on forum
    12 hours ago, bmartino1 said:

Found a Minor Bug. Using Macvlan network an using extra option...

Sorry but this is the wrong place to report that, please open up a dedicated bug report and also include your Diagnostics since troubleshooting will be hard without.

12 hours ago, bmartino1 said:

I originally caught this in my firewall when I noticed two mac with the same IP and was confused where the new mac was coming from...

This is expected depending on your network configuration, but can't tell for sure since Diagnostics are missing.

Please continue this discussion in the bug report.

14 hours ago, ich777 said:

Sorry but this is the wrong place to report that, please open up a dedicated bug report and also include your Diagnostics since troubleshooting will be hard without.

This is expected depending on your network configuration, but can't tell for sure since Diagnostics are missing.

Please continue this discussion in the bug report.

?
    image.png.5283076e6a2e4d505108d2a986dfe047.png

I have no problem making a separate forum post for this... My understanding is that this is the place to post bug reports... Especially for a beta...

Picture have the data...
    the template is generating the network before reading the docker run for to inspect you can see both mac address in the picture... Diagnostic wouldn't pull this data from my last check which is why one was not posted...

Edited by bmartino1
    seperate post WIP

Gotta be honest... I'm with @bmartino1 I thought this was the place to report bugs. The guidance on that is a bit confusing and could use some clarity. Especially, and I'm speaking for myself here, someone new to Unraid and it's Betas, but would still like to contribute to make it better for everyone even if its only in a small way.

Edited by stry8993
    Grammar