unRAID OS version 6.4.1 Stable Release Available

limetech

1 hour ago, docbrown said:

After removing the plugin and rebooting I still do not have my missing containers back Is there any other steps to take?

Stop the docker service, delete and recreate docker.img, reinstall your dockers from Community Applications - Previous Apps.

4 hours ago, trurl said:

Stop the docker service, delete and recreate docker.img, reinstall your dockers from Community Applications - Previous Apps.

I'm a bit of a noob, so bear with me.

Can you explain "recreate docker.img" a bit?

And will reinstalling dockers from Community Applications - Previous Apps. keep all of my docker settings? Trying to avoid having to redo the house of cards that is all my functioning dockers.

Much thanks in advance!

Edited by nlash
  • Like 1

I'm a bit of a noob, so bear with me.

Can you explain "recreate docker.img" a bit?

And will reinstalling dockers from Community Applications - Previous Apps. keep all of my docker settings? Trying to avoid having to redo the house of cards that is all my functioning dockers.

Much thanks in advance!
You shouldn't actually need to recreate the docker.img if the cause of your apps disappearing was due to Advanced Buttons being installed.

And if you do reinstall the apps via the Apps Tab, previous apps section then all your settings will remain. You can actually just check off all of your apps, hit Install Multiple, make yourself a coffee and everything will be all done for you by the time you get back.
  • Like 1
21 hours ago, gsayer said:

VM's are still stuck in 'stopped' state, does anyone have anymore ideas? Thanks

@gsayer sent his diagnostics directly to me. In general, it is better to share with everyone, because someone else might catch something I missed. But based on those diags, I think the issue is related to this issue from 6.4.0:
    https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/65755-64-array-starting-starting-services-stuck/?tab=comments#comment-623157

For documentation purposes, I'll post his domain.cfg here:

SERVICE="enable"
IMAGE_FILE="/mnt/cache/system/libvirt/libvirt.img"
IMAGE_SIZE="1"
DEBUG="no"
DOMAINDIR="/mnt/user/domains/"
MEDIADIR="/mnt/"
VIRTIOISO="/mnt/virtio-win-0.1.141-1.iso"
BRNAME="virbr0"
VMSTORAGEMODE="auto"
DISKDIR="/mnt/"
TIMEOUT="60"

I'll also mention that his syslog contains this error message:

emhttpd: no mountpoint along path: /mnt/

So @gsayer @Gordo74 @bonzi  if your VMs don't start, go to Settings -> VM Manager, switch to Advanced View and make sure all of the paths are valid. This is actually the same advice @Clink gave earlier :) but it is helpful to a diagnostic that shows the issue.

I believe these are the defaults, but you'd want to make sure the paths actually exist on your system:

default VM storage path -> /mnt/user/domains/ (this is DOMAINDIR in domain.cfg)
default ISO storage path -> /mnt/user/isos/ (this is MEDIADIR in domain.cfg)

I do not know how to set the DISKDIR path in domain.cfg using the gui, or what it does. It may not be important, as on my system it points to a non-existent folder

Let me know if this solves your problem, and I'll add it to the update notes:
https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/66327-unraid-os-version-641-stable-release-update-notes/?tab=comments#comment-621577

If you still have issues, please post a fresh diagnostic file here.

Edited by ljm42

7 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

@gsayer sent his diagnostics directly to me. In general, it is better to share with everyone, because someone else might catch something I missed. But based on those diags, I think the issue is related to this issue from 6.4.0:
    https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/65755-64-array-starting-starting-services-stuck/?tab=comments#comment-623157

For documentation purposes, I'll post his domain.cfg here:

SERVICE="enable"
IMAGE_FILE="/mnt/cache/system/libvirt/libvirt.img"
IMAGE_SIZE="1"
DEBUG="no"
DOMAINDIR="/mnt/user/domains/"
MEDIADIR="/mnt/"
VIRTIOISO="/mnt/virtio-win-0.1.141-1.iso"
BRNAME="virbr0"
VMSTORAGEMODE="auto"
DISKDIR="/mnt/"
TIMEOUT="60"

I'll also mention that his syslog contains this error message:

emhttpd: no mountpoint along path: /mnt/

So @gsayer @Gordo74 @bonzi  if your VMs don't start, go to Settings -> VM Manager, switch to Advanced View and make sure all of the paths are valid. This is actually the same advice @Clink gave earlier :) but it is helpful to a diagnostic that shows the issue.

I believe these are the defaults, but you'd want to make sure the paths actually exist on your system:

default VM storage path -> /mnt/user/domains/ (this is DOMAINDIR in domain.cfg)
default ISO storage path -> /mnt/user/isos/ (this is MEDIADIR in domain.cfg)

I do not know how to set the DISKDIR path in domain.cfg using the gui, or what it does. It may not be important, as on my system it points to a non-existent folder

Let me know if this solves your problem, and I'll add it to the update notes:
https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/66327-unraid-os-version-641-stable-release-update-notes/?tab=comments#comment-621577

If you still have issues, please post a fresh diagnostic file here.

Right thanks, I also noticed this yesterday when I looked at my diagnostics. I fixed the paths and my VMs start now.

Ok, to report back, I changed my ISO path from; "MEDIADIR="/mnt/" to "MEDIADIR="/mnt/user/isos/" and the VM's all started back up immediately.

Not sure why the path was only "MEDIADIR=/mnt/" in the first place..................promise it wasn't me. :$ 

Thank you very much for your help and patience  @ljm42  :D 

26 minutes ago, gsayer said:

Ok, to report back, I changed my ISO path from; "MEDIADIR="/mnt/" to "MEDIADIR="/mnt/user/isos/" and the VM's all started back up immediately.

Not sure why the path was only "MEDIADIR=/mnt/" in the first place..................promise it wasn't me. :$ 

OK cool, I feel pretty confident we've got this one figured out then. I'm not sure why it wasn't an issue in 6.3.5, but at least we know how to fix it :) 

18 hours ago, Squid said:

Do you remember which plugin?  I'll try and replicate if I can

I don't recall the exact one, but it was one of the plugins that started with Dynamix. Also I updated my plugins after upgrading to the new version of unRAID and I am sure that is probably where the issue came from.

1 hour ago, gsayer said:

my iso path was just /mnt/

as soon as i selected my actual folder..  status changed to running and all  is well.

vm tab no longer blank.

thanks.

Here's a fun one!

SMART data is shown for `cache2` but not `cache`...

I can successfully run `smartctl -a /dev/sdf` (cache) and `smartctl -a /dev/sdg` (cache2) - both give very similar outputs, as they're identical SSDs. Yet in the GUI nothing is displayed on the `http://{server_IP}/Main/Device?name=cache` page.

If the full diag bundle is required, give me a shout.

But I've attached the most useful parts... Checkout the `cache ().txt`, it's complaining about `=======> UNRECOGNIZED OPTION: 1`

Hope this can be fixed, be nice to monitor SMART data without jumping onto the (very convenient) terminal in the GUI ;)

Worked a couple of releases back, believe 6.3.5 was working. I noticed it once switching to 6.4 beta, never got round to raising it :P My bad!

OCZ-VECTOR180_redacted_serial cache ().txt

OCZ-VECTOR180_redacted_serial cache2 (sdg).txt

2 hours ago, nexusmaniac said:

Seems like a good a time/place as any... Smartctl 6.6 has been out since the end of 2017, be nice to see that in the next release :)

https://www.smartmontools.org/browser/tags/RELEASE_6_6/smartmontools/ChangeLog

LT updates the database in each release, seems like the important part:

On 2/2/2018 at 5:16 PM, limetech said:

update smartmontools drivedb and hwdata/{pci.ids,usb.ids,oui.txt,manuf.txt}

root@Tower:~# /usr/sbin/update-smart-drivedb
/usr/share/smartmontools/drivedb.h is already up to date

Unless there is functionality in 6.6 that we need, it might be nice to let it bake for a bit. We currently have 6.5

(edit) let me reword that... if you want to push for the update that is fine :) but we do have the latest database, which I believe is the most important part.

Edited by ljm42
On 2/5/2018 at 11:24 PM, Frank1940 said:

You are assuming that your LAN is secure.  If it is all wired, you probably are OK. That assumes that all of your users are trustworthy.  Wireless is a bit more of problem.  I understand that there are some kiddy-scripts out there that can crack the security on wireless routers pretty quick.  (But those folks are not really seeking out your unRAID server, they often want to hide their identities when they are conducting certain types of Internet activities.)

Thanks for the reply. Definitely have wireless devices on my network, who doesn't these days :)

I've gone ahead with the Lets-Encrypt method, which LT have made easy to setup. When in-place disk encryption is available, I"ll be ready to rumble.

For those with DD-WRT routers make sure "Local DNS" is enabled and add the following code into the "Additional DNSMasq Options" box.

rebind-domain-ok=/unraid.net/

On 7.2.2018 at 8:10 AM, Marv said:

Hi,

I just removed my self-signed cert <server-name>_unraid_bundle.pem after upgrading as described in the first post.

Unfortunately, my server doesn't create a new one after reboot.

I still have the other file in my certs folder so which one does my server actually use and how do I get back the other file?

A bit confused here.

Can someone clear me up here please? :)

9 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

On the main page click on cache, scroll down to "SMART notification value", change to "RAW" click apply, change back to "use default", apply again.

Nice one! That fixed it :D

But now that leaves me wondering why... All other disks are on "Use Default", anyone got any ideas?

Cheers johnnie, happy that it was such a simple fix (workaround) :) 

9 hours ago, ljm42 said:

LT updates the database in each release, seems like the important part:

root@Tower:~# /usr/sbin/update-smart-drivedb
/usr/share/smartmontools/drivedb.h is already up to date

Unless there is functionality in 6.6 that we need, it might be nice to let it bake for a bit. We currently have 6.5

(edit) let me reword that... if you want to push for the update that is fine :) but we do have the latest database, which I believe is the most important part.

I was only pointing out a version discrepancy between current unRAID / latest available ;) I've got no quarrel with the information that 6.5 on the latest DB is providing, just spotted it whilst doing my research and figured I'd flag it up :D

I would be inclined to agree however, the db is the most important part for anyone with very new drives haha :)

Just upgraded from 6.4 to 6.4.1. When I upgraded to 6.4 - I had this issue: 

Now I have a similar issue but with eth1 (which makes sense as I swapped my cables to fix it in the 6.4 upgrade). 

Any idea why this is happening? Thanks!

It shows up when I try to run "Fix Common Issues"

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Edited by TexasDave

At the top of the network settings it says "Interface is not configured".

You need to configure the interface at least once to have it included in the list for automatic configuration when the system is started.

Ps. When you remove an interface from a bond, it will become unconfigured and is by default in down state to avoid possible conflicts.

Edited by bonienl

"At the top of the network settings it says "Interface is not configured".

OK - that makes sense. But both interfaces had been working (one into unRAID and one into the "SuperMicro X10SL7-F" tool / utility) before this...

Where does one "configure" the settings? I tried stopping my dockers so I could do it in the unRAID Network settings but cannot do it there.

To be clearer - maybe - I have one cable going into the ethernet 0 port (where I access unRAID) and have the other into the IPMI port so I can use the SuperMicro IPMI tool (which now does not work). 

Do I need to swap cables and do something in the BIOS or the  "SuperMicro X10SL7-F" tool / utility?
Edited by TexasDave

I have gotten the "interface not configured" to go away per your suggestions. 

And I do not need eth1 so I plan on disabling it. And I turned bonding off on eth0 as I am not using eth1. 

CFCP works fine...

But I still have the issue of not being able to get in via the IPMI interface. I can see the IPMI on my router and it is up and working. Just cannot get in. 

Not a critical issue but it bugs me. Thanks!

• limetech locked and unpinned this topic