Latest (super easy) method for automated flash zip backup!

1 hour ago, L0rdRaiden said:

Thanks, it works perfectly  :) I have learnt a lot with you

Together with this Script (the first one in my life) and Kopia I have tune up my backup system 

#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/emhttp/webGui/scripts/notify -e "Unraid Server Notice" -s "OneDrive backup started" -d "Synchronizing Kopia backup to OneDrive" -i "normal"
echo 'OneDrive backup started'

rclone sync /mnt/user/Backup/Kopia OneDrive:"/Backup/Kopia"

/usr/local/emhttp/webGui/scripts/notify -e "Unraid Server Notice" -s "OneDrive backup finished" -d "Synchronization completed" -i "normal"
echo 'One Drive backup completed'

good deal! glad it all worked out.

You are my Hero!

After 3 Hours searching for a possibility to daily Backup the Flashdrive or its content i found this script.

And what to say...

Create Folders

C&P the Script

Fill the blanks

Set the Schedule

Fire and Forget

Awesome! Thank you

P.S: optional e-mail notification would be nice (i'm not so ften on my unraid gui)

Edited by Protheus
34 minutes ago, Protheus said:

You are my Hero!

After 3 Hours searching for a possibility to daily Backup the Flashdrive or its content i found this script.

And what to say...

Create Folders

C&P the Script

Fill the blanks

Set the Schedule

Fire and Forget

Awesome! Thank you

P.S: optional e-mail notification would be nice (i'm not so ften on my unraid gui)

I have all the Unraid notifications on telegram. I think it was configured from the settings page

47 minutes ago, L0rdRaiden said:

I have all the Unraid notifications on telegram. I think it was configured from the settings page

Hm...you're right. I have Telegram configured too. But...i didn't ever noticed that it not work anymore 😕

Edit: Ok that is working now. But i get all messages twice

1168014478_Screenshot-2022-02-0522_47_50-Telegram-Message-Twice.png.20950c2538e73c864544860462edb487.png

If someone have a clue please PM me.

Edited by Protheus
On 2/5/2022 at 2:30 PM, Protheus said:

You are my Hero!

And what to say...

Create Folders

C&P the Script

Fill the blanks

Set the Schedule

Fire and Forget

Awesome! Thank you

Glad you like it! At the moment, i don't have enough hours in the day to tackle e-mail notifications for this. Maybe someone else could tack on and i'd be happy to add to the OP. If not, perhaps at some point in the future I could see what i can do in that regard. Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I know I'm late to this party but, I tried this script and found my "native unraid backup script" is missing/deleted. 

Has the native backup script referenced been removed by the Unraid updates due to the backing up to their online? If so, any chance on updating the script to to work without the native one?

Anyways thank you. 

• 3 months later...

So I am brand new to unraid, just built my first server this past weekend. I previous only had synology NAS for about a year. Mainly running plex server.

I ran the script from watching the youtube video, I copied the script from your google link in the video description. My destination was a remote SMB share on my synology NAS. So the only thing I did different from your video was the destination and changed my tower name in the notification part and removed the # from the beginning. However after I manually ran the script it caused my server to crash. Kept saying directory not found over and over. WEBGUI was not working and I had to unplug my server from power and reboot. Im running on Unraid 6.11.5. 

Does this still work and does it work for Remote SMB shares?