[SOLVED] /var/log is getting full (currently 100 % used)

thogarth

When I start my VM my syslog fills up. I recently made some changes and am looking for support on how to fix this.

- Added M.2 pcie SSD (currently unassigned, but my intent is to move my VM onto it and keep it outside the array)

- My GPUs switched pcie lanes on the mobo. (moved the one I am using (NVIDIA) to the faster one). The other GPU doesn't really get used (AMD)

I have attached my syslog, any help would be greatly appreciated.

garthplex-diagnostics-20210211-1716.zip

Thanks!

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] /var/log is getting full (currently 100 % used)
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The usual reason for filling docker.img is an application writing to a path that isn't mapped to host storage.

Your earlier diagnostics didn't show a lot of docker.img used at that time, but maybe it has been filling ever since. No good reason to have docker.img 200G and if it is taking more than about 30G then you have something misconfigured.

And absolutely no reason to have libvirt.img more than the default 1G.

Those earlier diagnostics didn't have very large syslogs, but all syslogs weren't included since they don't go all the way back to bootup. They mostly seemed to be filling with mover logs and entries related to the turbo plugin.

Attach new diagnostics to your NEXT post in this thread, along with what you get from the command line with this:

ls -lah /var/log