[Plugin] GUI Search

Squid

• 1 month later...

Yesterday's update changes things around a bit.

• The search bar is no longer present under black / white themes.  Instead a search icon is present at the top right.  Press it and the search bar appears
  • CTRL K (or CMD-K for others) automatically opens the search bar and applies focus to it.
  • After selecting the search from the autocomplete, the relevant text will be highlighted on the new page (works best on Chrome).  Due to various methods of building a page, this doesn't always work
  • Minimum OS version is now 6.11.0  If you happen to be running a beta series of 6.12 then the plugin will not work on beta 1-5.  It requires beta 6+
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
On 2/2/2023 at 2:51 PM, Squid said:

Yesterday's update changes things around a bit.

• The search bar is no longer present under black / white themes.  Instead a search icon is present at the top right.  Press it and the search bar appears

And i thought something is wrong with the PlugIn installation, since i searched for the option, to turn the static SearchBar back on, for half an hour,  and didn't find it.
I think it is a bad decision, since for usability search bars should be always directly visible and accessible, without looking for a little tiny extra button that adds an extra click. (You can compare it to the useless extra click in the Windows11 context menu to acces all options)

It would be really great, to at least get the option, turning the static SearchBar in Black/White Designs back on.

Edited by Whitehawk
  • 2 weeks later...

Minor issue I just found.  I noticed if you are on release that is not supported by the newest iteration of the plugin (e.g., 6.10.3), it will cause the update all plugin button to never exit... just seems like download or install process has hung.

Of course closing the popup and refreshing showed all was well, although I possibly got lucky alphabetically that GUI Search was the last update.

Not sure if an Unraid OS problem, or a problem with the way the plugin exits, but thought I'd raise it here anyway.

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, sunwind said:

Thanks it shows up with ctrl+k, no way to keep it up there, like here? 

The webgui needs to work on a variety of screen sizes and the search bar takes up a significant amount of space. There are no additional mouse clicks with this method, you click once on the icon and then start typing. Or you can keep your hands off the mouse entirely and press CMD/CTRL-K. I don't see this changing back.

2 hours ago, ljm42 said:

The webgui needs to work on a variety of screen sizes and the search bar takes up a significant amount of space. There are no additional mouse clicks with this method, you click once on the icon and then start typing. Or you can keep your hands off the mouse entirely and press CMD/CTRL-K. I don't see this changing back.

Honestly the whole webui needs a re-work imo, the fact that plugins like this exist is evidence of that. Do we know if anyone is working on that? I do some UX design and would really like to help.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/28/2021 at 12:52 AM, ionred said:

Glad you found, it, I'm still searching for it. Help?

image.thumb.png.e6af321f058fdd5be205dc87aaa1c868.png

Firstly coudl you add an option to keep the box open to the left of all the icons?

Secondly wth is that GUI and how do I get it?

Thanks!