I cant Get in my Gui or get the Nas to boot to a monitor Please help! Complete Newbie. Only 3 Days into Trial and so Lost.

I had a Microsoft tech mess up settings in my laptop and it lost all connectivity. He told me to contact my isp and all they could do was reset the network. I cannot find how to get into my Nas without the ip. The network name comes up with nothing. The only thing that shows up in my router is the Motherboard, no Nas Ip. Im still on the trial. I just started the UnRaid like two days ago. I searched the forums but I just cant find a solid answer. I also cant get it to connect to a monitor at all to try and figure out the new IP. I am so lost. Please help!

I dont think there is anything wrong with the device but just in case someone spots something... 

Thank you! 

Asteel!

20210418_110549.jpg

20210418_113802.jpg

Yes I was able to get it to post to my monitor with no problem for the UnRaid download.

It did take a few minutes the first time, but its been on for about 45 mins now. And the monitor just says no signal.

Also confusing is that my server has 3 gigabit ports. The only connection I am seeing in my router is the motherboard login with Asus and I never even made an account for that.

Asteel

Is doing the system logs what I should do? Remove the flashdrive and look at the files? Even under the routers assigned ip section there is nothing though. Also i tried to click the capture your syslog hyperlink for details and it it said removed.

Is it showing up in your router at all? Your router should give you a clue to what devices are connected and their Ip addresses.  Don't worry we are not going to leave you High and Dry. ;)

You should really make sure you can hook up a monitor at all times. I know headless is the way to go, but as a just in case. 

So sorry was on the phone thank you for answering. So the mobo has 3 ethernet. I plugged them all in but all I see is the Asus motherboard when I try to find it in my router gui. I followed that guide above and turned off the system, loaded it on my main pc and deleted sys network and network. Either way I can't see anything on my monitor at all or access the gui by server name or ip. It is very confounding.

Thank you! 

Asteel

16189603091212090293102410124084.jpg

16189603396748282507503452525660.jpg

31 minutes ago, trurl said:

If it won't boot from the flash drive try preparing the flash drive again. Do you have a backup of flash? The config folder from your flash backup is all you need to get going again with your configuration on a new install.

I did delete the uh network and network config folders.

• JorgeB locked this topic