[Support] Machinaris - Chia cryptocurrency farming + Plotman plotting + Unraid WebUI

50 minutes ago, DoeBoye said:

Any ideas how to restart a wallet? My flora blockchain shows as synced, but the wallet shows as paused. I've tried to restart it in the wallet page, and the popup claims it is trying, but it never unpauses... I've tried several times over the last few weeks without success.

Hi, you can always go the command line inside the 'machinaris-flora' container and type: 

flora start farmer -r

This is exactly what Machinaris is doing when you unpause the Flora wallet.  Watch the Flora blockchain log for errors, wait about 15 minutes and then try:

flora wallet show

If this doesn't show the wallet running, then you may have a problem with the Flora blockchain, possibly data files, requiring further troubleshooting.  If you would prefer to have your Wallets running (default), then change the setting by clicking the gear icon on the top-right of the Wallets page.  Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all! The newest version of Machinaris is now available. Thanks to everyone who provided feedback on version 0.8.6.

Added:

• Re-plotting: Optional background deletion of a few old plots to free space for new plotting. See Farming page, Settings icon, top-right.
  • Table of recent plot archiving (local and remote) on new "Plotting | Transfers" page, including status and transfer speed.
  • "Settings | Alerts" page: new 'Send Test Alert' button to validate Chiadog configs and receive sample alert to mail/discord/etc.
  • Coffee blockchain at version 1.0.1, a slow Silicoin fork.
  • GreenBTC blockchain at version 1.6.3, another slow Silicoin fork.
  • Moon blockchain at version 1.6.0, a recent Chia fork.
  • One blockchain at version 1.6.2, a recent Chia fork.

Changed:

• Fixed broken 'Generate/Import Key' actions for Chia 1.6.1 on Setup page. Thanks @SilverFolfy
  • Missing plots on Farming page when a status.json file was corrupted. Thanks @yurly
  • Fix for duplicated Chiadog alerts of wallet additions. Thanks @GravitasProblem and @doma2345
  • Improved "Settings | Pools" page with fee amount and delete_unconfirmed_transactions action.

Updated:

• Bladebit to v2.0.1
  • Cactus to v1.7.0
  • Chia to v1.6.2
  • Chinilla to v1.4.0
  • Chiadog to v0.7.5
  • Flax to v0.1.11
  • MMX to (v0.9.3) on testnet9. Supporting the latest AMD GPU driver.
  • Tad to v1.7.0

Notes:

• Support for new Chia forks DOES NOT imply my endorsement for them. Only run those you are comfortable with.
Edited by guy.davis
6 hours ago, guy.davis said:

Hi all! The newest version of Machinaris is now available. Thanks to everyone who provided feedback on version 0.8.6.

Added:

• Re-plotting: Optional background deletion of a few old plots to free space for new plotting. See Farming page, Settings icon, top-right.
  • Table of recent plot archiving (local and remote) on new "Plotting | Transfers" page, including status and transfer speed.
  • "Settings | Alerts" page: new 'Send Test Alert' button to validate Chiadog configs and receive sample alert to mail/discord/etc.
  • Coffee blockchain at version 1.0.1, a slow Silicoin fork.
  • GreenBTC blockchain at version 1.6.3, another slow Silicoin fork.
  • Moon blockchain at version 1.6.0, a recent Chia fork.
  • One blockchain at version 1.6.2, a recent Chia fork.

Changed:

• Fixed broken 'Generate/Import Key' actions for Chia 1.6.1 on Setup page. Thanks @SilverFolfy
  • Missing plots on Farming page when a status.json file was corrupted. Thanks @yurly
  • Fix for duplicated Chiadog alerts of wallet additions. Thanks @GravitasProblem and @doma2345
  • Improved "Settings | Pools" page with fee amount and delete_unconfirmed_transactions action.

Updated:

• Bladebit to v2.0.1
  • Cactus to v1.7.0
  • Chia to v1.6.2
  • Chinilla to v1.4.0
  • Chiadog to v0.7.5
  • Flax to v0.1.11
  • MMX to (v0.9.3) on testnet9. Supporting the latest AMD GPU driver.
  • Tad to v1.7.0

Notes:

• Support for new Chia forks DOES NOT imply my endorsement for them. Only run those you are comfortable with.

FYI Moon is missing for the Community Plugin.

As always, thanks!

• Thanks 1

I have been running machinaris for... well about as long as it's been out... hehe. Anyways, I've been storing the containers in the appdata folder on my cache drive without issue, however with all of the different forks, as well as the mainet continuing to use more space (even after upgrading to the v2 db), anyone have experience with moving the installs off the cache and either onto the array, or onto an unassigned device? I'd really like to recover the 500+gb of cache space for other projects if farming still behaves responsively

Thanks

9 minutes ago, theatertech87 said:

I have been running machinaris for... well about as long as it's been out... hehe. Anyways, I've been storing the containers in the appdata folder on my cache drive without issue, however with all of the different forks, as well as the mainet continuing to use more space (even after upgrading to the v2 db), anyone have experience with moving the installs off the cache and either onto the array, or onto an unassigned device? I'd really like to recover the 500+gb of cache space for other projects if farming still behaves responsively

Thanks

I've done the same thing using an unassigned SSD drive.

Just stop the containers, move the appdata folders over to the new location, update the appdata location in each container, and start containers back up.  As long as you make the root path consistent, it's easy.

• Upvote 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guy.davis!

Not sure if this is a known bug, new bug, or an issue with my own installation, but Sorting on the 'balance $' column, as well as the "Wallet Summary' are no longer accurate since I moved my Chia into a cold wallet last night. My assumption is the balance column is not including the cold wallet value in the total (As the position my Chia is in reflects the remnants of Chia that I left in the 'hot' wallet), while the Summary is showing about half the total value...

Also, as an aside, my issue with my paused flora wallet resolved itself after following all the recommendations in your wiki page.

Finally, I just realized today about the issue of missing 7/8 coin rewards from all my forks because I am using pooled plots! I always wondered what the new 'Claim Rewards' button does. Unfortunately, when I clicked on it, it did not see any of my missing coins, but going to alltheblocks seems to have found them. I know it's still experimental, but thought I would provide the data point, in case it helped!

Thanks Again for all your hard work! You've built a truly remarkable Docker here!!

EDIT: So Wallet Summary is now displaying correctly!.... It's possible that the transferred Chia to my cold wallet hadn't been captured yet (Even though it showed in the cold wallet column)... Sorting is still an issue though...

Edited by DoeBoye
  • Thanks 1

Hi, and thanks for a really great app! Ive been using it for months and have only one problem that I did not know about before recently when I tried plotting on this machine. It is plotting just fine, but it can't move it to the main folder. I just keep getting "Invalid cross-device link". Right now I have to manually move the plots to the main folder and rename to .plot

The setup is just:

/plots1 <>  /mnt/user/chstorage/
/plotting <>   /mnt/user/chstorage/Plotting/

Any tips to get me in the right direction?

6 hours ago, iPete said:

Hi, and thanks for a really great app! Ive been using it for months and have only one problem that I did not know about before recently when I tried plotting on this machine. It is plotting just fine, but it can't move it to the main folder. I just keep getting "Invalid cross-device link". Right now I have to manually move the plots to the main folder and rename to .plot

The setup is just:

/plots1 <>  /mnt/user/chstorage/
/plotting <>   /mnt/user/chstorage/Plotting/

Any tips to get me in the right direction?

Hi, glad you find Machinaris useful.  I believe the issue is that Docker doesn't like two volumes mounted where one resides within the other.  Do you have a spare SSD you can add to your Unraid box to use as plotting temp space, via "Unassigned Devices" plugin?  If so, then your mounts would be like:

/plots1 -> /mnt/user/chstorage

/plotting -> /mnt/disks/YOURSSD

I think this would be faster as well, since Madmax and Bladebit (diskplot) both like SSD as temporary space.  Hope this helps.

Edited by guy.davis

@guy.davis thanks for your answer,but it did not resolve my problem. That being said I did not do it exactly the way you suggested, but I made a new share and set the plotting to that. I still get the exact same error. Now it's set to

/mnt/user/chstorage/

/mnt/user/chplot/

does it have to be unnassigned drive? It's difficult in this machine to get an extra ssd, but might have to change something here

6 hours ago, iPete said:

@guy.davis thanks for your answer,but it did not resolve my problem. That being said I did not do it exactly the way you suggested, but I made a new share and set the plotting to that. I still get the exact same error. Now it's set to

/mnt/user/chstorage/

/mnt/user/chplot/

does it have to be unnassigned drive? It's difficult in this machine to get an extra ssd, but might have to change something here

Interesting, when I google for that error, here is the only hit I found for Unraid.  No, you definitely can plot using a HDD as temporary plotting space, it's just a fair bit slower.  Sorry this is still occurring for  you.

Hello. I installed a clean unraid, for testing, I created directories on hard drives for installing machinaries and specified them during installation. After installing machinaries, my processor constantly loads at 100%, when I start webui, I can’t go to the ploting settings, it gives an Internal Server Error , as well as in most of the other items in the settings menu. What am I doing wrong? I reinstalled and unraid and cleaned the disks, deleted the databases, nothing helps.

4 hours ago, утуьнищн said:

Hello. I installed a clean unraid, for testing, I created directories on hard drives for installing machinaries and specified them during installation. After installing machinaries, my processor constantly loads at 100%, when I start webui, I can’t go to the ploting settings, it gives an Internal Server Error , as well as in most of the other items in the settings menu. What am I doing wrong? I reinstalled and unraid and cleaned the disks, deleted the databases, nothing helps.

Greetings!  Always allow at least 15-30 minutes after startup to check on CPU/memory load.  Initially, the Chia blockchain attempts to sync from back in 2021 and this syncing process consumes both network and CPU resources.

Then, please verify your Unraid configuration, including prerequisites, and then troubleshoot the logs.  Hope this helps!

26 minutes ago, guy.davis said:

Greetings!  Always allow at least 15-30 minutes after startup to check on CPU/memory load.  Initially, the Chia blockchain attempts to sync from back in 2021 and this syncing process consumes both network and CPU resources.

Then, please verify your Unraid configuration, including prerequisites, and then troubleshoot the logs.  Hope this helps!

ok thx i try

1 hour ago, guy.davis said:

I've been waiting for more than an hour after installation without going into webui, it loads something, wait until it stops loading the processor?

s.png

27 minutes ago, утуьнищн said:

I've been waiting for more than an hour after installation without going into webui, it loads something, wait until it stops loading the processor?

s.png

Sorry to hear that. What exactly did you fiind when you consulted the logs?  Also, you can see the processes using most CPU by opening the Docker Console for the Machinaris container from the Unraid admin UI's Docker tab, then type:   top

Edited by guy.davis
13 минут назад, gay.davis сказал:

Жаль это слышать. Что именно вы нашли, просматривая журналы ?

Прилагаю 3 лог-файла из папки логов. Работаю с этой системой первый раз, выбираю систему для своего будущего сервера для чиа, пробовал truenas и там тоже не запускаются машинки, тоже есть какие-то проблемы, виндовс не хочу. Но знаний в этих новых системах у меня нет, поэтому извиняюсь, если могу что-то ответить не так.

I run all this on a weak processor, and I install 8GB of RAM on a sata SSD. I just want to see the interface and check the functionality, see if I can handle it on a full-fledged server.

apisrv.log миграция.log webui.log

Edited by утуьнищн
9 minutes ago, утуьнищн said:

I am attaching 3 log files from the logs folder. I am working with this system for the first time, I am choosing a system for my future server for chia, I tried truenas and machinaries couldn’t start there either, there are also some problems, I don’t want to use windows. But knowledge in these I don’t have new systems, so I apologize if I can answer something incorrectly.

apisrv.log 446.62 kB · 0 downloads migration.log 45.96 kB · 0 downloads webui.log 769 B · 0 downloads

Your install does not seem to have a Chia key.  Please stop the Machinaris container.  Delete your Machinaris entire appdata folder which you changed to "/mnt/disk3/fastssd/" (defaults to /mnt/user/appdata/machinaris).  I would recommend adding `machinaris` folder to "/mnt/disk3/fastssd/" and using "/mnt/disk3/fastssd/machinaris" as your appdata folder, just to be clear about naming.

Then restart the container to view the Setup page where you can either Import an Existing Key OR Create a New Key.  Once you have successfully Setup your Machinaris install, things should work better for you.

Edited by guy.davis
11 minutes ago, guy.davis said:

В вашей установке, похоже, нет ключа Chia.   Пожалуйста, остановите контейнер Machinaris. Удалите всю папку appdata вашего Machinaris, которую вы изменили на «/mnt/disk3/fastssd/» (по умолчанию /mnt/user/appdata/machinaris). Я бы порекомендовал добавить папку `machinaris` в "/mnt/disk3/fastssd/" и использовать "/mnt/disk3/fastssd/machinaris" в качестве папки с данными приложения, просто чтобы было понятно, как называть.

Затем перезапустите контейнер, чтобы просмотреть страницу установки, где вы можете либо импортировать существующий ключ , либо создать новый ключ . После того, как вы успешно настроите установку Machinaris, все должно работать лучше для вас.

it’s not there because I haven’t launched webui yet, because I was waiting for it to stop loading the processor, this is already the 4th attempt to start the system. After I go to webui and create or import the chia key, it will start working, but when I try to go to the plotting settings tab gives an error internal server eror, he writes that either the system is overloaded, or some kind of error. Now I will do everything and write to you.

6 minutes ago, утуьнищн said:

его нет, потому что я еще не запускал webui, потому что ждал, когда он перестанет грузить процессор, это уже 4-я попытка запустить систему. После того как я захожу в вебуи и создаю или импортирую ключ чиа, он начинает работать, но при попытке зайти на вкладку настроек прорисовки выдает ошибку internal server eror, пишет что либо система перегружена, либо какая-то ошибка . Сейчас я все сделаю и напишу тебе.

I entered the key, and it started, but the problem with settings-plotting remained( I am attaching screenshots so that you understand what I mean. After the launch, the load on the processor remained the same.

the same error if you switch to alerts ,farming , tools only the pools tab in the settings branch works

3.png

1.png

2.png

Edited by утуьнищн

After 30 minutes, get into the container by choosing the Docker Console from Unraid for Machinaris and then type: 

bash
plotman version
chia_plot --version
bladebit --version

If any of those give an error instead of a version as shown in my screenshot, please consult the build logs at:

cat /tmp/plotman_setup.log
cat /tmp/madmax_setup.log
cat /tmp/bladebit_setup.log

Finally, in the Machinaris WebUI that you are now able to access, browse to the "Settings | Plotting" page and provide the Web Log (webui.log) - available from the Workers page (Chia fullnode row, right side as 'Web Log' button).  If "Settings | Plotting" page is returning an 'Internal Server Error', it will be logged in webui.log.  Please provide that error.  Thanks.

Screenshot from 2023-02-01 13-43-20.png

9 minutes ago, guy.davis said:

After 30 minutes, get into the container by choosing the Docker Console from Unraid for Machinaris and then type: 

bash
plotman version
chia_plot --version
bladebit --version

If any of those give an error instead of a version as shown in my screenshot, please consult the build logs at:

cat /tmp/plotman_setup.log
cat /tmp/madmax_setup.log
cat /tmp/bladebit_setup.log

Finally, in the Machinaris WebUI that you are now able to access, browse to the "Settings | Plotting" page and provide the Web Log (webui.log) - available from the Workers page (Chia fullnode row, right side as 'Web Log' button).  If "Settings | Plotting" page is returning an 'Internal Server Error', it will be logged in webui.log.  Please provide that error.  Thanks.

Screenshot from 2023-02-01 13-43-20.png

something strange is going on, half of the pages do not work, I am attaching screenshots, the commands that you indicated, I made the answer only 1 each, the rest were not found. Nothing works in the workers tab either, I am attaching some other pages for example.

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

12 minutes ago, утуьнищн said:

something strange is going on, half of the pages do not work, I am attaching screenshots, the commands that you indicated, I made the answer only 1 each, the rest were not found. Nothing works in the workers tab either, I am attaching some other pages for example.

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

Please paste a screenshot (multiple scrolling down) of the Machinaris docker configuration you are using from the Unraid Admin UI.  First example attached, but I'll need to see every part of the configuration, so take multiple screenshots, scrolling down.  Also click: "Show more settings..." to expose the hidden settings and screenshot those.  Thanks! 

Screenshot from 2023-02-01 14-12-57.png

7 minutes ago, guy.davis said:

Please paste a screenshot (multiple scrolling down) of the Machinaris docker configuration you are using from the Unraid Admin UI.  First example attached, but I'll need to see every part of the configuration, so take multiple screenshots, scrolling down.  Also click: "Show more settings..." to expose the hidden settings and screenshot those.  Thanks! 

Screenshot from 2023-02-01 14-12-57.png

Ok

Screenshot_2023-02-02-03-18-53-398_com.android.chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, утуьнищн said:

Ok

Screenshot_2023-02-02-03-18-53-398_com.android.chrome.jpg

Thanks for your patience in providing the details.  For the field "Worker Address" which asks for an IP Address, you have provided a full URL including http protocol.  Please use the IP address only "192.168.1.136" and restart the container.

image.png.1a8899a189df2e63b085cb91e1a42fad.png

Edit: I note you placed everything on a disk at "/mnt/disk3" including the appdata folder, plots folder, and plotting temp folder.  I guess this is only for a test, on a single SSD?  Please don't do this for a real farm.  Appdata and plotting temp should be on separate SSDs (if you are using plotting temp, not RAM-only).  I would put plots on separate HDD disks (or similar).

Edited by guy.davis