[Support] Machinaris - Chia cryptocurrency farming + Plotman plotting + Unraid WebUI

7 minutes ago, guy.davis said:

Благодарим за терпение. Для поля «Адрес рабочего», которое запрашивает IP-адрес, вы указали полный URL-адрес, включая протокол http. Используйте только IP-адрес «192.168.1.136» и перезапустите контейнер.

изображение.png.1a8899a189df2e63b085cb91e1a42fad.png

thank you very much) it worked) tomorrow I will continue testing, thank you again.

Screenshot_2023-02-02-03-32-31-944_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2023-02-02-03-33-02-786_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 1
7 hours ago, guy.davis said:

Thanks for your patience in providing the details.  For the field "Worker Address" which asks for an IP Address, you have provided a full URL including http protocol.  Please use the IP address only "192.168.1.136" and restart the container.

image.png.1a8899a189df2e63b085cb91e1a42fad.png

Edit: I note you placed everything on a disk at "/mnt/disk3" including the appdata folder, plots folder, and plotting temp folder.  I guess this is only for a test, on a single SSD?  Please don't do this for a real farm.  Appdata and plotting temp should be on separate SSDs (if you are using plotting temp, not RAM-only).  I would put plots on separate HDD disks (or similar).

Tell me pls, what do you think after the release of madmax gpu plotter is it possible to integrate it into the unraid system?

I want to build a system for the future, so this point is important for me, I understand that this will take time, I just want to understand purely technically is it possible to implement on an unraid system? I just don’t know much about this system, and how it works with a GPU

14 hours ago, утуьнищн said:

Tell me pls, what do you think after the release of madmax gpu plotter is it possible to integrate it into the unraid system?

I want to build a system for the future, so this point is important for me, I understand that this will take time, I just want to understand purely technically is it possible to implement on an unraid system? I just don’t know much about this system, and how it works with a GPU

Good question! Yes, GPU plotting will likely be possible using the latest MMX binaries as the "machinaris-mmx" Docker image has supported GPU farming for months now.  I have added initial plotting support already in the development stream, but lack an Nvidia GPU to test it myself on Unraid. MMX plot compression is working too. For the latest updates, be sure to join the Machinaris Discord.

EDIT: Above was about MMX blockchain support.  Similar GPU plotting and plot compression is coming to Chia blockchain too, but has not been released publicly yet to my knowledge.  Machinaris will support this on Chia with bladebit/madmax too if available.

Edited by guy.davis
  • Like 1
49 minutes ago, guy.davis said:

Хороший вопрос! Да, графическое изображение на графическом процессоре, вероятно, будет возможно с использованием последних двоичных файлов MMX , поскольку образ Docker « machinaris-mmx » уже несколько месяцев поддерживает ферму на графическом процессоре . Я добавил начальную поддержку построения графиков уже в потоке разработки , но мне не хватает графического процессора Nvidia, чтобы протестировать его самостоятельно на Unraid. Сжатие сюжета MMX тоже работает. Чтобы быть в курсе последних обновлений, присоединяйтесь к Machinaris Discord .

РЕДАКТИРОВАТЬ: Выше было сказано о поддержке блокчейна MMX. Подобные графики графического процессора и сжатия графиков также появятся в блокчейне Chia, но, насколько мне известно, они еще не были опубликованы. Machinaris также будет поддерживать это на Chia с помощью bladebit/madmax, если они доступны.

good news thx for info!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! The newest version of Machinaris is now available. Thanks to everyone who provided feedback on version 0.8.7.

0.8.7 - 2023-02-16
Added

•  Schedule plotting on the "Settings | Plotting" page to take advantage of off-peak electricity, lower your fan noise, avoid backups, etc...
  •  Bladebit - alpha GPU plotting support in main Machinaris image. Set `mode: gpuplot` under `bladebit` on Settings | Plotting page.
  •  Gigahorse - beta GPU plotting and farming support in new Machinaris-Gigahorse image. Set `mode: gpuplot` under `madmax` on Settings | Plotting page.
  •  Ballcoin - blockchain at version 1.6.0, another slow Silicoin fork.
  •  Pipscoin blockchain at version 1.7.0.

Changed

•  Fix missing Connections listing for Flax and MMX blockchains.  Thanks @ekersey!
  •  Fix for Bladebit ramplot relaunching.  Thanks @JoeZotacExperience!
  •  Multiple functionality & performance cleanups from excellent code review by @qoole.
  •  Display compression level for active plotting jobs on Gigahorse and MMX.

Updated 

Notes

•  Support for new blockchains and tools DOES NOT imply my endorsement for them.  Only run those you are comfortable with.

Screenshot from 2023-02-16 18-20-07.png

• 1 month later...

Good day, the next version of Machinaris is now available. Thanks to all those that contributed fixes, testing, and other feedback.

Added:

•  Support for running a blockchain timelord with environment variable `mode` set to `fullnode,timelord`.
  •  Optional config setting to restart fork fullnodes if they consume too much memory. Looking at you Flora, HDDCoin, N-Chain, etc...

Changed:

Updated: 

Notes:

•  Bladebit has regressed on the ability to `ramplot` as they try to match Gigahorse's GPU plotting. Still awaiting a fix...
  •  Support for new blockchains and tools DOES NOT imply my endorsement for them.  Only run those you are comfortable with.
Edited by guy.davis
On 3/24/2023 at 4:21 AM, Einsteinjr said:

Is it just me or do at least 1 or 2 appear to me out of sync at any given time for anyone else?  Currently Ecostake, Petroleum, Profit, and Tad are all out of sync. =/

Tad has currently been out of sync on and off as no one is currently running a timelord. The other forks could be for the same reason. Usually you can find out by checking the projects discord.

Also, feel free to spin up a timelord if you have the hardware for it :P

• Like 1

Profit probably needs to be removed.  I can't start a timelord server either.

2023-03-27T14:02:00.730 timelord profit.timelord.timelord : ERROR    Not active for 60 seconds, restarting all chains
2023-03-27T14:02:00.730 timelord profit.timelord.timelord : INFO     reset_chains new_unfinished_blocks: 0

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2023 at 7:22 AM, guy.davis said:

Hi all! The newest version of Machinaris is now available. Thanks to everyone who provided feedback on version 0.8.7.

0.8.7 - 2023-02-16
Added

•  Schedule plotting on the "Settings | Plotting" page to take advantage of off-peak electricity, lower your fan noise, avoid backups, etc...
  •  Bladebit - alpha GPU plotting support in main Machinaris image. Set `mode: gpuplot` under `bladebit` on Settings | Plotting page.
  •  Gigahorse - beta GPU plotting and farming support in new Machinaris-Gigahorse image. Set `mode: gpuplot` under `madmax` on Settings | Plotting page.
  •  Ballcoin - blockchain at version 1.6.0, another slow Silicoin fork.
  •  Pipscoin blockchain at version 1.7.0.

Changed

•  Fix missing Connections listing for Flax and MMX blockchains.  Thanks @ekersey!
  •  Fix for Bladebit ramplot relaunching.  Thanks @JoeZotacExperience!
  •  Multiple functionality & performance cleanups from excellent code review by @qoole.
  •  Display compression level for active plotting jobs on Gigahorse and MMX.

Updated 

Notes

Screenshot from 2023-02-16 18-20-07.png

hi!I don’t really understand the advantage of compression when farming on a pool. The pool still pays by the amount of space it occupies, not by the number of rafts. There are no statistics with new rafts. Random win. Can you clarify this benefit?

• 4 weeks later...

Good day, the next version of Machinaris (v1.8.0) is now available:
Added
 - Concurrent plot transfers to both remote and local archive paths. Previously was one plot transferred at a time.
 - Checking for adequate free space on both tmp and dst paths before starting another plotting job.
 - Replotting selection (Farming page settings) can now target uncompressed plots for deletion.
Changed
 - Fix for Download button on Settings pages that were providing the wrong config file. Thanks @TuftyBruno.
 - Updated German and Portugese translations.  Thanks to @slowfinger and @antcasq. All contributions are appreciated.
 - Follow Chia version numbers (like 1.8.0) from now on, as Machinaris is on their release cadence.
Updated 
 - Cactus to v1.7.1
 - Chia to v1.8.0
 - Gigahorse to v1.8.0.giga10.
 - HDDCoin to 3.0.0-beta1 based on Chia 1.7.0.
 - MMX to v0.10.2 on `testnet10`. 

Notes
- Due to critical security patches in the bundled Chia v1.8.0 release, users are encouraged to upgrade as soon as possible.
- Yes, Bladebit 3 is still alpha and not reliable for plotting.

Edited by guy.davis
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, Shotkar said:

Hi, just wondering how I go about setting the Optional config setting to restart fork fullnodes if they consume too much memory?

Have looked though all the configs but cant seem to find it. Thanks.

Hi, please point #3 on this wiki page. However, I will say it's not a panacea, as I've found some fullnodes from very out-of-date chains like Flora, N-Chain, and Stor simply can not stay under 3 GB for long.  For some, I found they were simply restarting over and over unless I gave them 4+ GB.  So, this setting can help, but for the worst offenders, you may just want to skip farming that particular chain.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Machinaris v1.8.1 now available.

Changed
- By default, exclude Gigahorse plots from automated plot check due to poor performance of the 'ProofOfSpace' binary.
- Fix for plotting manager issues when plotting with multiple tmp drives.
Updated
- Bladebit to 3.0.0-alpha4. See known issues.
- BPX to v2.1.0
- Cactus to v1.8.0
- Chia to v1.8.1
- Flora to v1.8.0, updated by ageorge95.
- Gigahorse to v1.8.0.giga11.
Notes
- Bladebit still broken on ability to ramplot and diskplot as they try to match Gigahorse's GPU plotting. Still awaiting a fix...
- Support for new blockchains and tools DOES NOT imply my endorsement for them. Only run those you are comfortable with.

• Like 1

If anyone was wondering if there was any power difference between splitting the different harvesters onto the same CPU cores, there isn't a lot.  (<2%)

Currently running (for testing) a 64 core AMD EPYC processor.  I put all the dockers on 4 cores (and its corresponding hyperthread) and it had just a small decrease in power usage. (about 4 watts).  

Related, 4 cores/8 threads seems plenty for ALL the harvesters to run on.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2023 at 1:29 PM, tutulino said:

Hello, how can I update to chia 1.8.2 client? pool is rejecting my shares.

At unraid app is shown as updated, but chia inside is 1.7.0

Hi, please try a 'Force Update' from the Docker tab of the Unraid Admin UI.  Also, ensure you are running a recent, supported version of Unraid.  Details here.

• 3 weeks later...

hello @guy.davis and thank you for your work.

I was wondering, why is Machinaris taking  so much ressources on my Unraid Server?

I am farming only, and the hard drives are in the same machine, mounted directly inside the container.
Fuse is not used for those drives, they are directly mounted as /mnt/disks/farmer## (4 x 6GB HDD)

Machinaris takes anywhere from 6 to 8 GB of RAM and makes regular 100% spikes on cpu cores...

What explains this behavior?

2 hours ago, Normand_Nadon said:

I was wondering, why is Machinaris taking  so much ressources on my Unraid Server?

I am farming only, and the hard drives are in the same machine, mounted directly inside the container.
Fuse is not used for those drives, they are directly mounted as /mnt/disks/farmer## (4 x 6GB HDD)

Machinaris takes anywhere from 6 to 8 GB of RAM and makes regular 100% spikes on cpu cores...

CPU usage is going to depend on the age and power of your CPU but the RAM usage is expected.  Apparently reducing the Node targets would help with the memory usage but I don't know if Machinaris supports that.  There's lots of online material talking about how much memory Chia farming consumes - it needs to load the database in memory and is not a unique problem to just Machinaris.

FWIW, I have a 64 core CPU @ 2400mhz running Chia + 10 forks tagged to just 8 cores in the docker and I never see the CPUs spike to 100%.  Usually 0-60%.  I'm guessing you have an old CPU?

14 hours ago, Normand_Nadon said:

Please see the wiki to scale down. I follow most of these to run on my older hardware.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you advise why c3 compressed plots would not be appearing in the count of plots? Generated them using plotman, with bladebit ramplot. Thanks in advance. They are on the hard drive but have c3 in the plots title but seem to be ignored by scraper and also the plot checker.

Edit: Verified plots are in plots directory. Tried doing non compressed plots, they are detected and reported correctly. It only appears to be happening when I do compressed plots that they are not showed up in my count of plots.

Edited by jhewit485