is there a script to activate Fans when MB or CPU GPU are hot when Drives are Standby since Dynamix Fan doesnt 100% work right

hi i know that the dynamix Fan control is only a hard drive fan control and has couple bugs

i looking for a plugin or create my own plugin  dont know how.. but least a script

so when the fans are all shut off due to Array is standby  no need

but when the heat buids up in the case  from GPU CPU or Motherboard or NVMEs  there isnt an option to spin up the the rear fans.. or all the fan to exple the heat    

is there a way i can code something dont know unraid plugin coding  and since all the dynmaix   plugins all go into the same support forum its basiclly impossible to get support per plugin as it can get missed by other replies..  so too hard to ask for features..  be nice if each plugin had its own support page.. for better support

but ya i looking for something to spin up the fans   at a percent like the dynamix fan   low and high range..    but for when NVME, caches,gpu,motherboard,cpu  and possibly unassigned drives that maybe in the array  

is there options out there?

Edited by comet424
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, comet424 said:

but when the heat buids up in the case  from GPU CPU or Motherboard or NVMEs  there isnt an option to spin up the the rear fans.. or all the fan to exple the heat

Many motherboards (at least consumer grade) will support fan curves on various fans based upon whatever temperature sensors are present in the BIOS.  Check out your options available there.

@Squid ya i seen that

but least with the X570 Asus Tuf Gaming

you can set the Bios temps on a curve..

but when you use the Dynamix Fan Array thats disabled

since Motherboard and Array Fans are the same fans

so what i saying is

well you cant have both  i guess

so when Array goes to Standby and shuts off all the fans  

when Motherboard temperature at bottom of the screen says 40C say then i want it to spins up the Array Fans

you can only have Bios  or you can only have the Array Fans.. you cant run both...

so i wanted  the Same Plugin that Fan Control is   which is missleading the info says System Temperature..  which it isnt its  Array and Cache temperature only

so i wanted to Copy that Plugin  modify it 

so Option 1  CPU,  Option 2 GPU, Option 3 Motherboard, Option 4  Unassigned drives

as there is no option to spin up the array fans for Unassigned Drive temperatures when they hit 45C degrees  in my 20 bay case..  

no option to spin up the array when that drive is spinning and the array is in standby

there is no option in BIOS for unassigned drive temperatures

so i looking for options

but ill re try the BIOS  but its just 2 conflicting  as if i remember you set to Manual  not automatic  so you cant use BIOS  if you wanna use same fans for the array

but ill try tomorrow

oh and there is no GPU in motherboard BIOS for temperature... to run the array fans

plus there is no option for Fan Spin up on NVMEs, SATA SSDs,  as there should be a seperate Fan controller for those when the Array is in Standby mode

Edited by comet424
54 minutes ago, comet424 said:

well you cant have both  i guess

You can, but for a given PWM header, you can either let BIOS control it, or override it in the plugin.

For instance, on my mobo the CPU fan controller is accessible in the plugin, I can override it, but I let bios manage it and it ramps up and down with usage/temp as you would expect.

Perhaps you just need to split out your fans to different headers to get the balance of control you need?

@tjb_altf4

ah well i know i have 6 headers.. 1 is a opt cpu which sucks as you cant turn it off  and i got a pump header which doesnt wanna stop but there is a setting for PWM  but there is a new BIOS  release i might try

so to do things  i have  3Way splittler  from 1 header to 3 array fans.. but i realyl dont like it  you bump a wire  any of the 3 fans will spin  on its own  i dont know why this happens

and then i have 2 rear fans   on there own headers..  and then i got the chipset cooler and the cpu

the dashboard i dunno why it reports FAN0 there is not such thing as fan 0   so the dashboard for Fans is incorrect  it doesnt match  correctly

as i disable the cpu and chipset from the enabled in fan controller.

but my mobo doesnt have a GPU in the bios to turn on array fans if its over heating..  

and there is no option in the dynamix fan control for SSDs, cache, unassigned drives

and i also looking for a feature you dont need to spin up all the fans  maybe  fans 1 3 7   as an example..

but ill update my BIOS tomorrow  and see what happens if i can do both as i couldnt 

and i not sure if that also the problem i have

on 3 way splittler  if you bump 1 fan  it will run while the other 2 are off..  or you bump the middle one willl cause a 2nd fan to run..

but i dont think  3 way splitters work right.. i think u need 1 fan per header  they just dont have enough header s  

but ya really i wanted  is a real break down per drive

38-46C   For all the Array and Exhaust fans to kick in   Excluding Nvme,SATA SSD

48-70C  For Cache 1 (NVME)

48-70C  For Cache 2 (SATA SSD)

38-46C For Cache 3 (Sata Spinner)

38-46C For Unassigned Drive 1

38-50C Motherboard  Only Run 2 Exhaust Fans forget the Array Fans

50-70C CPU  Only Run 1 Exhaust Fan  and 2 Array Fans

and i want to be able for each Drive  to choose  what Fans to kick in.. so  could be 1 Exhaust 1 Array fan   or no Array Fans  just 2 Exhaust

i just like more options broken down more control what fans  can be enabled per option

so basiclly  that Dynamix Fan Control.. thats Only For Array

there should be a complete copy for

CACHE 1

CACHE 2

CPU

MOTHERBOARD

Unassigned drives

etc

but ill try again tommorrow  with a bios update

Edited by comet424

is there a way i could copy the dynamix fan plug in

and modify it so i have say 6 copies of it

and then modify it 1 for motherboard, 1 for each unassigned drive, 1 for nvme, 1 ssd, cpu,gpu,

so there is more control  so you have that 1-7 pwm fans  for each option

so 

motherboard gets 1-7 pwm fans

cpu  gets 1-7 pwm fans 

cach1 gets 1-7 pwm fans

and so on

and each option gets there own unquie control of the fans

Edited by comet424

so i updated bios  you cant do what i want there

so back looking for a plugin or a script

Scenerio 1.

Array Off .Mother board temps  hit 40C     turn on Fan 1 and Fan 4

Array Off Motherboard temps hit 45C  turn on Fan 1 4 6 and 7..

Scenerio 2

Array Off  Cache Drive 3 Sata SSD   hits 40 turn on Fan 2 and Fan 4

Array Off Cache Drive 3 Sata SSD  hits 50 turn on  Fan 2 and Fan 5

i want the same options as Auto Fan Control  which is really  only  Array Fan Control

but i want a duplicate copy for

every Cache Drive individually

1 For Motherboard temp

1 For GPU Temp

1 for CPU TEmp

every Unassigned Drive Individually

there is not point spinning the Entire 7 Fans  if  you only need 1 of the 3 Array Fans and 1 or 2 Exhaust Fans

so id like more control

• 11 months later...
On 7/16/2021 at 11:32 PM, comet424 said:

so i updated bios  you cant do what i want there

so back looking for a plugin or a script

Scenerio 1.

Array Off .Mother board temps  hit 40C     turn on Fan 1 and Fan 4

Array Off Motherboard temps hit 45C  turn on Fan 1 4 6 and 7..

Scenerio 2

Array Off  Cache Drive 3 Sata SSD   hits 40 turn on Fan 2 and Fan 4

Array Off Cache Drive 3 Sata SSD  hits 50 turn on  Fan 2 and Fan 5

i want the same options as Auto Fan Control  which is really  only  Array Fan Control

but i want a duplicate copy for

every Cache Drive individually

1 For Motherboard temp

1 For GPU Temp

1 for CPU TEmp

every Unassigned Drive Individually

there is not point spinning the Entire 7 Fans  if  you only need 1 of the 3 Array Fans and 1 or 2 Exhaust Fans

so id like more control

So how did you get on with this? Any joy??