Pterodactyl Panel Install & Configure on Unraid using DOCKER (2021)

NAT aside, i've got another question / request.

The other day pterodactyl screwed itsself up due to improper updating of the deamon. Eventually was able to fix this, but it resulted in multiple folders used by the docker containers to get other permissions, which caused the servers not to start because they didn't have write permissions. (i fixed this because of having a backup that also had the permissions)

So my question is: can the guide be expanded to include troubleshooting steps on what to do when folder and file permissions specific to pterodactyl are botched?

(i would offer a suggestion / write-up if i knew how to actually fix this, but i don't :()

Edited by Caennanu
  • 3 weeks later...

i've successfully setup 7 days to die server. 

everything works fine at the moment

just recently there was an update to wings and panel. 

no issue there

issue is the eggs docker it self. it ask to update but it will give out an error no configuration found.

image.png.9e6613cb0786e1431d9511b34572c5db.png]

i've checked in the panel, in the game server start up settings, its already set on auto update on startup

rebooting or off/on the server doesnt do anything. it still ask to apply update

any idea how to resolve this? 

really appreciate it. thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2023 at 9:08 AM, helomen said:

Hello everyone,

I need your help! I have successfully run pterodactyl exactly according to the great instructions of IBRACORP until almost the end. Unfortunately I have problems with the console in the game server (panel). I can access and play Minecraft on this server, but all the time I get the error message "We're having some trouble connecting to your server, please wait...". I also get a 502 error message in the log for the node. Does anyone have an idea how I can solve this problem? I am using the "NginxProxyManager". Thank you already for your help.

grafik.thumb.png.4a93ca4e41c7e13ab77b7efd71e440f5.png

Dev-Tools ind FF shows this: Firefox cannot connect to the server at wss://xxxxxxnode.duckdns.org/api/servers/xxxxxxxx-8594-488d-86fb-c935583da9e7/ws.

I still have some understanding issues with forwarding ports. Currently I have the following setting:

Router:

TCP&UDP: 80 -> 1880 (for Nginx Proxy Manager).

TCP&UDP: 443 -> 18443 (for Nginx Proxy Manager)

Nginx Proxy Manager:

XXXXXX_node.duckdns.org -> 8002 (host port in wings to container port 8080)

XXXXXX_panel.duckdns.org -> 8001 (Port in panel to container port 80)

panel:

172.19.0.3:80/TCP <-> 192.168.0.100:8001

wings:

172.19.0.2:2022/TCP <-> 192.168.0.100:2022

172.19.0.2:8080/TCP <-> 192.168.0.100:8002 Is that correct?

XXXXXX_node.duckdns.org/ shows this message in the browser: {"error":"The required authorization heads were not present in the request."} -> So, wings seems to be reachable from the browser

I have already invested several hours without success and don't know what to do. Therefore I am glad about any help. Thank you very much!

How did you solve this?

• 2 months later...

Hello guys, i managed to configure pterodactyl panel and daemon behind reverse proxy, but using macvlan docker network. Everything is working correctly, i can create new servers and see the console remotely and so i decided the next step is to make the emails work. I authenticated an SMTP relay server to send email from my domain on my behalf and did a successful test inside the pterodactyl panel, i also rerouted incomming emails to my gmail so i can receive replies. But then when i try to send a forgotten password or invite a new user, those emails are not sent for some reason and i cant figure out why. Has anyone got the email service running successfuly ?

Edited by Darkfella
  • 5 months later...