HELP : PARITY CHECK FINDING over 200,000 ERRORS. What does it mean?

Please see below, newer comments!

I now have over 200,000 errors!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Everyone,

I run my parity backup on the first of every month, last month I had 80 errors. I re-ran the backup and it finished with zero errors.

Now today, my parity backup ran and completed and I now have 1344 errors.

I ran SMART on all disks and they all seem perfectly fine, no issues

What does this mean? Thank you in advance

trinity-diagnostics-20211201-2028.zip

Edited by Superdean56
Updated Issues
  • 5 weeks later...
Dec 25 18:07:48 Trinity kernel: ata2.00: exception Emask 0x50 SAct 0x80808001 SErr 0x4090800 action 0xe frozen
Dec 25 18:07:48 Trinity kernel: ata2.00: irq_stat 0x00400040, connection status changed
Dec 25 18:07:48 Trinity kernel: ata2: SError: { HostInt PHYRdyChg 10B8B DevExch }
Dec 25 18:07:48 Trinity kernel: ata2.00: failed command: WRITE FPDMA QUEUED

Probably because of this.  Continual disconnects on the parity drive.  Reseat the cabling.  Also be aware that since the parity drive is a WD that if you're using a locking Sata Cable, it makes terrible connection unless the cable also has the internal "bump" that non-locking cables have (and many locking cables do not have them).

Reseat the cabling (both ends) to the drive without disturbing any of the other cables.

WD changed their shroud on the drives a number of years ago with the net result that only sata cables which are actually made to spec will work properly.  (And many / most of the locking cables are not to spec, whereas every non-locking cable is made to spec).  You're looking for a little internal "bump" inside the connector.  All non-locking have them and many / most locking do not

• Superdean56 changed the title to HELP : PARITY CHECK FINDING over 200,000 ERRORS. What does it mean?