Unraid not seeing 16tb enterprise drive

vmax5000

I recently purchased 2 16tb enterprise hard drives to replace my 10 tb parity drives, I stopped the array and unassigned one of the 10 tb drives then powered down and replaced it with the 16tb drive. After power up the 16tb drive was not seen as an unassigned device or at all. Is there something I need to do or does unraid not support enterprise drives?

Thanks

18 minutes ago, vmax5000 said:

I recently purchased 2 16tb enterprise hard drives to replace my 10 tb parity drives, I stopped the array and unassigned one of the 10 tb drives then powered down and replaced it with the 16tb drive. After power up the 16tb drive was not seen as an unassigned device or at all. Is there something I need to do or does unraid not support enterprise drives?

Thanks

Which drives are they? Are they SAS drives if so you cannot use standard sata ports.

1 hour ago, superloopy1 said:

why is that?

is it assumed they're from a bad batch?

In my experience, drives that arrived together experienced similar trauma during shipping. I've found it's much more likely for rough shipping and handling to damage drives than any other cause. Raw drives are still extremely delicate, the G force of even gently tapping one raw drive against another is plenty to damage them. A solid layer of foam or rubber, even a thin layer, reduces the G load tremendously, It's the bare metal hitting something solid that's the problem.