[Support] Paperless-ngx Docker

11 hours ago, ALMattSr said:

Screenshot2024-06-11at8_53_45PM.png.e496423513ef2beaea664e6e77d0d8c1.png

I am still having an issue with CSRF verification failed when I try to login from a swag reverse proxy instance.  Anyone able to point me in the direction...

You probably have to set the `PAPERLESS_CORS_ALLOWED_HOSTS` variable to the Hostname or IP of your swag container.

On 4/5/2024 at 8:33 AM, volcs0 said:

Did you solve your problem? I have everything on the array, but my docker.img is totally filled up by paperless.  Currently at 13gb, and I just can't figure out why. My setup is like yours. Thoughts?

@Joseph

Same problem. Probably /tmp in the docker is filling up.

Try mapping it to a directory outside of docker.img:

image.thumb.png.034eb654f7934e06a10041085f82000c.png

That will at least stop the docker.img from growing. You might need a cron job to clean it up regularly.

Hi!

I'm having the problem that after a recent update paperless doesn't load anymore.

It worked perfectly fine just recently. I'm also able to login and use my Paperless Instance via an the iOS App "Swift Paperless" (Curently in Testflight).

But the webUI just doesn't open anymore. It just says:

image.thumb.png.99753ed155080745c3e6b7ba198c13af.png

I already tried restarting the container. No result.

Couldn't find anything in the (linked) documentation, too.

Can anyone help me?

thanks in advance!

EDIT: just tried and I can login with my admin account. It's just my personal account that is stuck on the loading page. I also tried clearing my browser cache and logging in in an incogito window.

EDIT2: It works again, after granting my personal user all rights via the admin user.

I didn't need to do this in the past. The rights I added were:

AppConfig

UISettings

History

MailAccount

MailRule

User

That doesn't seem to make any sense, to me. Ay ideas?

Edited by juleztb
On 6/16/2024 at 6:28 PM, foo_fighter said:

@Joseph

Same problem. Probably /tmp in the docker is filling up.

Try mapping it to a directory outside of docker.img:

image.thumb.png.034eb654f7934e06a10041085f82000c.png

That will at least stop the docker.img from growing. You might need a cron job to clean it up regularly.

What kind of files fill up the space in the tmp directory? Are the troublesome files in /tmp/paperless or /tmp/paperless-scratch?

Can you check if setting PAPERLESS_CONVERT_TMPDIR also works for you? You have to add a bind mount with a physical disk pointing to the same directory too. Using this variable rather than the tmp directory has the benefit that we don't rely on internal knowledge of the application.

Based on this discussion:

Typically the OS is responsible cleaninging up /tmp on some sort of schedule or rules based.

I guess for Unraid we would need to schedule a dedicated clean up via the User Scripts plugin then. For example:

find <PAPERLESS_CONVERT_TMPDIR>/ -mtime +2 -type f -delete

I haven't experienced this problem before, because I restart my server on a regular basis. Once the container restarts its tmp directory including the troublesome files should be removed as well. I also do not have a frequent large import volume. However, I see the problem.

Waiting for your response. I will then add the variable to the template and further add a paragraph in the first post of this thread about the clean up job.

Edited by T0a
4 hours ago, Rops said:

Kann mir jemand helfen, wie es möglich ist, die Erkennung des QR Code in der Paperless-Dockerdatei für Unraid einzufügen und zu nutzen oder zu starten?

I have no idea about what feature you are talking about. Can you link the feature you are trying to configure from the paperless-ngx documentation?

On 6/23/2024 at 9:57 AM, T0a said:

What kind of files fill up the space in the tmp directory? Are the troublesome files in /tmp/paperless or /tmp/paperless-scratch?

Looks like they are all OCR files(I have some large failed PDFs and it seem they don't get cleaned up automatically):

root@NAS:/mnt/cache/appdata/paperless-ngx# ls

consume/  data/  export/  media/  tmp/

root@NAS:/mnt/cache/appdata/paperless-ngx# du -sch tmp/

17G tmp/

17G total

root@NAS:/mnt/cache/appdata/paperless-ngx# ls tmp

ocrmypdf.io.0mn2z57f/  ocrmypdf.io.u9o_dd7p/  ocrmypdf.io.zr_nbhp6/  pymp-xzebn3yo/  tmpiajjt4r5/  tmpxvp1v0hq/

ocrmypdf.io.ncd31_t8/  ocrmypdf.io.uil7jtdj/  paperless/             tmp58r7tmpw/    tmpouumc1gz/

root@NAS:/mnt/cache/appdata/paperless-ngx# du -sch tmp/*

4.3G tmp/ocrmypdf.io.0mn2z57f

6.5G tmp/ocrmypdf.io.ncd31_t8

275K tmp/ocrmypdf.io.u9o_dd7p

275K tmp/ocrmypdf.io.uil7jtdj

5.7G tmp/ocrmypdf.io.zr_nbhp6

58M tmp/paperless

1.0K tmp/pymp-xzebn3yo

1.0K tmp/tmp58r7tmpw

1.0K tmp/tmpiajjt4r5

2.0K tmp/tmpouumc1gz

1.0K tmp/tmpxvp1v0hq

17G total

I don't have too much RAM so I'll probably not use /tmp.

For cleanup I plan on using a user.script:

#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/find /mnt/cache/appdata/paperless-ngx/tmp -type f -atime +1 -exec rm -f {} \;

Edited by foo_fighter

19 hours ago, Rops said:

Kann mir jemand helfen, wie es möglich ist, die Erkennung des QR Code in der Paperless-Dockerdatei für Unraid einzufügen und zu nutzen oder zu starten?

15 hours ago, T0a said:

I have no idea about what feature you are talking about. Can you link the feature you are trying to configure from the paperless-ngx documentation?

Do you mean ASN Barcodes as in https://docs.paperless-ngx.com/advanced_usage/#archive-serial-number-assignment?

Just set `PAPERLESS_CONSUMER_ENABLE_ASN_BARCODE=TRUE` in your Docker .env file or compose file. You will have to use a supported barcode type (listed here: https://docs.paperless-ngx.com/advanced_usage/#barcodes).

I wrote a script to generate some barcodes that I could print on a piece of avery labels (see here: https://github.com/tuetenk0pp/asn-barcodes) and while it works, I am not particularly proud of it ;)