[SUPPORT] - Community Applications - ghostfolio

Hi @Nesh,

You've reused the same volume mount for the new "fresh installation." By default, Docker containers don't persist data to your drive. To ensure data persistence, such as for the database, you need to define volumes to share a disk location from your host system with the Docker container. You can find many explanations on how this works by searching for Docker volumes (Official Docs: https://docs.docker.com/storage/volumes/).

The issue here is that you're not actually performing a fresh installation because the path remains the same, and there's already a PostgreSQL installation with an existing database in that host path. Your logs clearly indicate this with the message "Your PostgreSQL Database Directory appears to contain a database."

You have two options: either delete the old installation or define a different path to create a new directory for persisting your database files.

If you want to reuse the old data, migrating your database from version 12 to 14 may not be straightforward.

@BryanSeah, Ghostfolio supports multiple users. By default it creates a demo user and your main user. However, I'm not sure if you can add users via the GUI. If you have questions about Ghostfolio as an application (not related to the Unraid installation), the best place to ask questions or report bugs is on Github: https://github.com/ghostfolio/ghostfolio/discussions.

It should be possible to add users via the database, but be cautious and only attempt this if you are comfortable executing SQL commands on your database and understand what you are doing.

Edited by LeonStoldt

Hi @LeonStoldt, Thank you for getting back to me. 

I'm not sure if deleted my previous installations correctly. Before each reinstallation, i uninstalled, the dockers and used krusader to delete the folders for postgres, redis and ghostfolio. 

Can you advise if this is correct, if it is then i might have missed something out the last few times. 

Hello, after some tinkering, i seem to have everything running without any issues. 
[edit] just checked the instances today, and found that both Postgres and Ghostfolio has stopped. I started both but now my security key is no longer working (incorrect key error). 100% certain the key is correct because i tried it a few times on the day of the installation. 

I am now looking at backing up my Appdata in general. I have checked all the folders manually but i am unable to find a folder for Gostfolio in the appdata folder. 

How can i backup Ghostfolio? The app itself has an option to export the data as JSON but i do not see any option to restore. 

currently i am using Duplicati to directly backup my ebook library.
I also downloaded CA Backup with the intention of backing up my appdata and then backing that up again via Duplicati to the cloud. 

Edited by Nesh
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2023 at 5:03 AM, Tarnished said:

For some reason, no matter the currency ticker that I put into BASE_CURRENCY (default is USD), I'm not able to have it displayed on the WebUI as it always shows USD (and not any other currency).

Has anyone faced this as well?

Yeh same issue. If you go into the Admin section you can add a currency there, it'll find the exchange rate and then update it. Then you will find the added currency to all the dropdown menus.

currency.thumb.png.01295c178f643df83e6d648484042b2f.png

On 1/9/2024 at 1:11 AM, Mooks said:

Yeh same issue. If you go into the Admin section you can add a currency there, it'll find the exchange rate and then update it. Then you will find the added currency to all the dropdown menus.

Thank you for the help! Sadly the Admin Control panel doesn't appear in my WebUI. How did you managed to get it?

On 1/8/2024 at 8:11 PM, Mooks said:

Don't know why, when I put CAD, it's says 1 USD = 1 CAD. I wish that was true...

edit: nevermind, had redis bug

Edited by Nodiaque
  • 4 weeks later...

I am having a similar issue to what was previously discussed, my home page holdings show as $0, and market prices aren't loading for any assets. I have my base currency as CAD.  I have loaded all historical market data, and have all CAD rates. I have tried adding the TZ variable as null and it still did not correct it. Anyone have any ideas?

image.thumb.png.aa244e49647b8e12d4b9fbfdfdc0c710.png

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to get some time to look into the issues i had earlier. 

I reinstalled everything with a new database , following your video instructions @LeonStoldt
Ok so i'm back with the same postgres error, 
image.png.61eaf474bd6cd5113037c6fafb37bd9d.png

I think i have the backup part sorted out now. 

Edited by Nesh
On 2/13/2024 at 12:43 PM, yoshii-unraid said:

I am having a similar issue to what was previously discussed, my home page holdings show as $0, and market prices aren't loading for any assets. I have my base currency as CAD.  I have loaded all historical market data, and have all CAD rates. I have tried adding the TZ variable as null and it still did not correct it. Anyone have any ideas?

image.thumb.png.aa244e49647b8e12d4b9fbfdfdc0c710.png

Someone over on github said setting the TZ variable to UTC worked for them when a blank TZ variable didn't.

Has anyone got the "Markets" tab working? Anything I add as benchmark shows up on the tab, but ghostfolio can't grab any historical data for it. Everything else seems to be working fine.

EDIT: I had to go into the admin panel and force "Gather Historical Data". I still don't have the current market mood or chart though.

Edited by JPDVM2014
  • 1 month later...