Upgrade from 6.10.1 to 6.10.2 problems

Hello,

I have a Dell PowerEdge T420 Server.. i have never experienced any problems when upgrading before,  but when i Upgrade from 6.10.1 to 6.10.2 the interface will not load.. i cant access the server from the browser.. and the only way to fix it is to boot in GUI with safe mode and rollback to 6.10.1

I have tried many times and have even uninstalled any unnecessary plugins and dockers?  could someone give me some insight please.

Thanks

Ryan

From the release notes:

image.thumb.png.4f69ed6a585b41e85eb17eb40f3e10cc.png

There are number of the Dell Server products that use this NIC driver.  You get the diagnostics file by using console monitor and key board.  After logging in type at the command prompt:

diagnostics

That will write the file in the /logs directory on the boot drive.  You can shut the server down with a quick push of the Power Button.   Look in the ethtool.txt file in the /system folder and see if the OS installed a driver of eth0.

10 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

From the release notes:

image.thumb.png.4f69ed6a585b41e85eb17eb40f3e10cc.png

There are number of the Dell Server products that use this NIC driver.  You get the diagnostics file by using console monitor and key board.  After logging in type at the command prompt:

diagnostics

That will write the file in the /logs directory on the boot drive.  You can shut the server down with a quick push of the Power Button.   Look in the ethtool.txt file in the /system folder and see if the OS installed a driver of eth0.

should this be done before or after the upgrade.. and what if the OS did not install the eth0 driver?

My Problem is solved

Reboot the server

During boot up press F2 to enter the Bios.

After open the Bios, enter the menu System Bios -> Processor Settings -> Virtualization Technology

Set it to disabled

Press Esc to get to the top menu again

Press F10 to exit the bios and save

The server should now boot again as normal, Then Upgrade Unraid OS from 6.10.1 To 6.10.2  without (Cannot find device "eth0") problem.

14 hours ago, Nishadul Haque said:

My Problem is solved

Reboot the server

During boot up press F2 to enter the Bios.

After open the Bios, enter the menu System Bios -> Processor Settings -> Virtualization Technology

Set it to disabled

Press Esc to get to the top menu again

Press F10 to exit the bios and save

The server should now boot again as normal, Then Upgrade Unraid OS from 6.10.1 To 6.10.2  without (Cannot find device "eth0") problem.

Works for me to, but can you run VMs now?

4 hours ago, Flemming said:

Works for me to, but can you run VMs now?

Ran into this issue on my Dell r720, but not the r710.

Disabling virtualization allows the system to boot, and everything appears normal, but VMs refuse to start. 

I’m assuming we need to wait until there’s an UnRAID fix and its not as simple as a configuration change?

Regardless, thanks for all the help this forum affords.