Unraid crashing every couple of days

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

The past couple of weeks my server has just been randomly crashing every few days. 

The Dockers all shut down and are unaccassible and the webgui is unresponsive. 

I have to power cycle the server and then of course the array wants to do a parity check so it finishes a parity check and then the next day seems to die and do it all over again. 

Have attached logs from reboot after last crash honestly no idea where to even start to diagnose this one :(

blastoise-diagnostics-20220714-1055.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
Aug  6 22:50:16 Blastoise kernel: macvlan_broadcast+0x116/0x144 [macvlan]
Aug  6 22:50:16 Blastoise kernel: macvlan_process_broadcast+0xc7/0x110 [macvlan]

Macvlan call traces are usually the result of having dockers with a custom IP address and will end up crashing the server, switching to ipvlan should fix it (Settings -> Docker Settings -> Docker custom network type -> ipvlan (advanced view must be enable, top right)), or see below for more info.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, JorgeB said:
Aug  6 22:50:16 Blastoise kernel: macvlan_broadcast+0x116/0x144 [macvlan]
Aug  6 22:50:16 Blastoise kernel: macvlan_process_broadcast+0xc7/0x110 [macvlan]

Macvlan call traces are usually the result of having dockers with a custom IP address and will end up crashing the server, switching to ipvlan should fix it (Settings -> Docker Settings -> Docker custom network type -> ipvlan (advanced view must be enable, top right)), or see below for more info.

Fantastic I have now changed that from the macvlan to ipvlan

Fingers crossed it solves the issue <3

• 3 weeks later...