Folder/File Structure Support

So, Dynamix File Editor can be a good tool. Too bad there's not much information on Unraid's file structure to make sure one doesn't move stuff that shouldn't be moved.

Files & folders I have put on the server are still in tact, and can be seen with Terminal (Mac) and Dynamix File Editor (WebGUI).

Krusader can't see them, the "media" folder where Unraid presents data from, "media" thinks it's a file, even reporting a file size of 2 bytes. *facepalm*

Unraid does this thing where it annoys you when you have files in places you have told Unraid not to put them. I went to task and put them where they belonged - eg.: "appdata" folders that were scattered across the array, were relocated to the cache drives.

"user" - I forget where in the file structure it belonged, but it seems to not exist. "user0" exists somewhere, somehow.. but has yet to be found in the file structure with Krusader. Found it with Terminal.

cd ../mnt/

The above lists all the drives individually - disk1-8, along with user and user0

I would start from scratch if I had a way to move the data off the array and a separate computer/server to adopt the data,  as I don't know how the drives will be treated in another temporary setup - 56TB is on the line.

Something I'll be investing in after this is a separate drive for appdata & system files/folders. I don't mind having to redo my containers as most of them don't function anyhow and haven't had much time to fix 'em.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to get me through this!

It used to be user. I don't much care about the name of the folder, just that things are working. I mean I could try renaming it.. haha!

I would like to move my appdata & system folders to a dedicated SSD - or a mirrored SSD setup. Maybe share it with my Jellyfin metadata. Is this gonna be an issue, or am I best off finding 56TB of space on another machine and starting from scratch?

On 8/24/2022 at 7:57 PM, SLNetworks said:

The above lists all the drives individually - disk1-8, along with user and user0

9 hours ago, SLNetworks said:

It used to be user.

No, there is /mnt/user, and there is /mnt/user0, they both exist if things are working correctly. As noted, user0 is the user shares excluding any files on pools (not on the array).

One does not exist - user. My shares migrated fine from 6.9.3 to 6.10.3.. my fuckery though the other night when I was cleaning (maybe too well), is when it happened. *shrug*

Also, how can one successfully update the plug-ins in the NerdPack? It goes through the list, but never actually does anything. I had no trouble installing some new ones.

Edited by SLNetworks
Deleted attachment
10 minutes ago, SLNetworks said:

NerdPack

Deprecated after 6.11, so might as well deal with it. A few of the packages are builtin to 6.11 There are workarounds for getting a package installed discussed in NerdPack support thread. Which packages do you need?

Some of your disks are very full. Full disks may not perform as well, and you need to keep some space for filesystem repair to work if necessary.

Why do you have 40G docker.img? 20G is often more than enough, but you are already using more than that.

Missing/emulated disk7 is mounted, but it doesn't have much data. Is that expected? Did you perhaps format it?

You have a lot of .cfg in config/shares, possibly the result of accidentally creating top level folders. Can't tell if there is anything associated with them anymore since user shares are broken.

Not clear why user shares are broken. Try rebooting, start the array, then post new diagnostics

I have two 16TB Exos drives for parity. Drive #7 is physically removed, not sure why it sits there.. but the emulated storage is empty. When I setup Unraid for the first time I knew nothing of Docker or how much/little space it would use, so 40GB it was.

Yes, some of my drives are pretty full. 54 of 74TB used.

No idea as to why there would be so many .cfg's in config/shares. Is there a specific directory they're in.. or are they all over? I'm guessing the latter.

I'll reboot now. Hopefully nothing goes fuck-side-up during reboot. *lmao*

How stable is 6.11?

Edited by SLNetworks
Deleted attachment

Your appdata share is cache:only, but also has files on disk4. Mover ignores cache:only shares.

Your domains share is cache:only, but all its files are on disk3. Mover ignores cache:only shares.

Your system share is cache:only, but also has files on disk4. Mover ignores cache:only shares.

Set each of those shares to cache:prefer so mover will move them to cache.

Nothing can move open files. Disable Docker and VM Manager in Settings, click the Move button in Array Operation, button will be disabled while it's running, wait for it to complete.

Then post new diagnostics.

On 8/26/2022 at 4:35 PM, SLNetworks said:

Drive #7 is physically removed, not sure why it sits there.. 

Because Unraid is waiting for you to rebuild it. If you don't want it in the array you will have to New Config without it and rebuild parity.

On 8/26/2022 at 4:35 PM, SLNetworks said:

so many .cfg's in config/shares.

Many of those aren't used now, you only have 14 user shares. Those not in use can be deleted, they are all on flash in config/shares.

On 8/26/2022 at 3:08 PM, trurl said:

There are workarounds for getting a package installed discussed in NerdPack support thread. Which packages do you need?

From what you said the other day about 6.11 making NerdPack obsolete the other day, I'm not worrying about NerdPack anymore.

Totals - Containers: 22.7GB; Writable: 1.05GB; Log: 751MB

As for getting Mover to move files to and from the array and cache, that's helpful to know!

Edited by SLNetworks
Size definitions

If anyone is still around, here's the 4th.

Mover didn't seem to do anything. I did things as you suggested, and it was like a blip. I hit move and it just refreshed the page. It wasn't grey out for even a second. *shrug*

I may have to get enough storage setup so I can move everything off my unRAID server and start from scratch. Another server I have running is slowing growing in storage size, so one day I'll be able to.

unraid-diagnostics-20220831-1800.zip