Error: Flash drive is corrupted or offline

Hello,

I've just upgraded from 6.9.2 to 6.11.0 yesterday, and am seeing the banner:

`Your flash drive is corrupted or offline. Post your diagnostics in the forum for help.`

Not sure what's wrong, as I'm still able to fully access the USB, and have performed several reboots, and comes up just fine.

I've attached diagnostics to this post. Appreciate any help on this.

tower-diagnostics-20221005-1038.zip

@JorgeB - Rebooted, and diag attached, but syslog still empty.

@Squid - There were just some disk mounted (not as slave) warnings, and some folders on cache disk but not configured to use cache. No errors.

I attempted to issue a command via CLI: logger "test", but nothing shows in syslog either. Not sure what else it could be. I can manually edit syslog (as root), so it's writable...

Permissions are:

-rw-r--r--  1 root   root

Does that seem correct?

I did end up removing two plugins because Common Problems told me it didn't know the publisher. I've now rebooted, and it's been ~12 minutes... no error about corrupted drive.

🤞 that was it.

tower-diagnostics-20221005-2101.zip

Hmm, seems my rsyslog.conf was completely empty. Not sure why. It was even empty on my /boot/config volume too, so moved those to *.bak, and updated /etc/rsyslog.conf, restarted the service, now I have a syslog.

Hopefully the random rsyslog.conf I found in the forums from 2015 is still up-to-date...Anyone care to share their latest so I can compare?