Filesystem is read only after a day

exdox77

Yesterday I spent most of the recovering from my cache drive filesystem becoming read only. I recovered and created a new pool with another brand new drive. Moved everything over and everything was working fine. This morning I woke up to the filesystem in the brand drive read only. I am at a loss to why this keeps happening, this is the third time this past couple of months this has happened.

I have attached the diagnostics. I do want to mentioned that if I reboot Unraid and restart the array, things work fine for awhile. 

hive-diagnostics-20221202-0713.zip

4 hours ago, exdox77 said:

I have not. If the USB drive is failing, could this cause these issues? 

I didn't see anything in diagnostics to make me suspect the flash drive, and don't see how a problem with that could corrupt another drive. Bad memory could easily corrupt a drive though.

Everything goes through RAM. The OS and other executable code, all of the data, everything. The CPU can't do anything with anything until it is loaded into RAM.

You shouldn't even attempt to run any computer unless the RAM is working perfectly.

Don't even attempt to run your server until you have verified it passes memtest.

3 hours ago, BRiT said:

It could just be bios settings for the memory. So try that first, making sure all overclocking options are disabled

No OC settings have ever been enabled. The system has been running for years without issues with no changes to the BIOS. The memtest failed out because of too many errors. Running memtest on the new memory now. 

7 hours ago, exdox77 said:

No OC settings have ever been enabled. The system has been running for years without issues with no changes to the BIOS. The memtest failed out because of too many errors. Running memtest on the new memory now. 

Your screenshot shows XMP 3200MHz which is an overclock on the memory. You need to select the actual standard clocks and disable any and all XMP aspects.

Edited by BRiT
18 hours ago, exdox77 said:

No OC on this board. It runs stock config. Memory test failed out because of too many errors. 

You're currently using TEAMGROUP-UD4-3200 but clocked at 2400MT/s

TeamGroup is one of those companies that purposely (and IMO fraudulently) hides what the actual speed of the RAM is.  It's most likely 2133.  For the best stability, always use SPD speeds in the memory settings

Thank you everyone for your support. I purchased new memory yesterday, went with Corsair with the same advertised specs. Ensure the MB was configured correctly and did one last memtest last night. Everything passed with flying colors and Unraid seems to be running great. 

• Thanks 1