Problem while transferring files from one disk to another

guigz
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Thanks Jorge. This fixed my issue with the disk share but not the user share. Doing Rsync on the disk share, I ended up with a user share called Disk4 again. I renamed it to another name. Trouble is that I believe it has duplicate files on it and I'd like to delete it after confirming that all of the files have been copied to the Disk1.  

I tried running rsync on the user share but it takes forever because the size of the files and ends up disconnecting after several hours. Is there a command to do a quick check to see what files are present in a given folder that aren't present in another? Just comparing the names would be ok. 

PS: would accidentaly dragging and dropping a disk share into a user share create a problem like mine? Thats the only thing I can think of because I definitely did NOT create a Disk4 user share manually

5 minutes ago, guigz said:

Doing Rsync on the disk share, I ended up with a user share called Disk4 again

The rsync command above won't create an extra user share, possibly one already existed on the source disk.

6 minutes ago, guigz said:

would accidentaly dragging and dropping a disk share into a user share create a problem like mine?

You cannot copy/move from disk share to user share or vice versa, only from disk share to disk share or user share to user share, or data loss will likely occur.

• Like 1