Shares Disappearing from User Shares

Boy Kai
Go to solution Solved by trurl,

My shares continue to disappear after a couple of hours within the Web GUI. (screen shot attached)

If I go to my Cache, the shares are displayed but if I go to my Shares tab, those same shares are missing. This is causing my dockers to have access/permission errors and become useless.

A reboot will resolve the issue, for a couple hours at best.

Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

shares-after-restart.PNG

shares-missing.PNG

diagnostics-20221227-1003.zip

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, guyola said:

but they are in a unknown format...

In this case, you use your problem solving skills and try to figure out what type of file they might be.  Once you have an idea, you try to open them with programs that can normally read them.  If you are lucky, you might be able to salvage them.  

If you can't figure it out, Just delete the files and lost+found folder and thank your lucky stars that two files were all you lost. 

2 hours ago, guyola said:

but they are in a unknown format...

The Linux ‘file’ command can be used to work out their likely content type which can be useful in working out what app can be used to open them for examination.  There is no automated way to work out the original name.  The reason a file gets put there in the first place (with the numeric name) is that the system was unable to work out what the name should be.  It takes manual inspection of the contents.