Sabnzbd unMenu package

Just upgrade to the lastest 5.0 release and use the plugins and you won't have any problems with the latest versions of transmission or sab.

Trouble is I have no idea how to do that just yet :( I don't know if its an in place upgrade or rebuild a new system and copy the data over? With the v5 Beta program being soooo long there is just so much info to go through to start to understand how I tackle this. I understand that there is a write speed issue with some hardware but I don't know which and if mine is affected by this?

It's a good idea and I would like to do this as most development is being done on v5 now and not v4.7, I'm just slightly daunted by it right now. Unless I've missed a simple upgrade instruction set?

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just upgrade to the lastest 5.0 release and use the plugins and you won't have any problems with the latest versions of transmission or sab.

Trouble is I have no idea how to do that just yet :( I don't know if its an in place upgrade or rebuild a new system and copy the data over? With the v5 Beta program being soooo long there is just so much info to go through to start to understand how I tackle this. I understand that there is a write speed issue with some hardware but I don't know which and if mine is affected by this?

It's a good idea and I would like to do this as most development is being done on v5 now and not v4.7, I'm just slightly daunted by it right now. Unless I've missed a simple upgrade instruction set?

You did miss them. It's pretty simple to do. http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Migrating_from_unRAID_4.7_to_unRAID_5.0

• 1 month later...

I want Sabnzbd to be accessible from the internet - what security step I should take?

hmm, I suggest you go the oposite way. Instead of building security steps to protect it, you should go the VPN route. As far as I have read from multiple places here, unraid/unmenu/etc were not built with security in mind since its meant to be in a closed enviroment (home network). Therefore, its best to set up a VPN (possibly through router may be the best and easiest way) which can have the proper security and once connected it doesn't matter.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Any chance of an update to 0.7.16?  Is it as easy as changing filenames in the .conf file?

Yes, kind of

you will need to change the file names, MD5 sum and the version check at the end of the .conf file.

Please forgive my ignorance but what exactly would I need to do to update my SAB?

Any chance of an update to 0.7.16?  Is it as easy as changing filenames in the .conf file?

Yes, kind of

you will need to change the file names, MD5 sum and the version check at the end of the .conf file.

Please forgive my ignorance but what exactly would I need to do to update my SAB?

in the .conf file there are 3 lines:

The first PACKAGE_URL, PACKAGE_FILE, and PACKAGE_MD5 will need changed.  Also, the PACKAGE_VERSION_STRING will need updated to reflect what version of sab is expected to be running.