Sabnzbd unMenu package

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update. I just got this all setup on my unraid server the other week and actually starting using user shares/cache drive, and wow, the functionality is much better. Downloads, extracts/repairs, renames, moves to cache drive all on it's own. Only thing not working right is categories, but I gather that's a nzbstatus issue.

It's nice to not have sabnzbd hijacking my cpu at regular intervals too. I tried unlocking the second core on my sempron 145 to see if it would go appreciably faster but it wouldn't boot, so must be bad. Can't imagine it'd be enough of a boost to actually bother upgrading. 

I'm running into a small annoying issue with the .7 package.

Sab will die after several hours. I have to stop it and start it to get it going again. The process doesn't seem to actually stop; if I run "/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sabnzbd start" - It says it's already running but the web interface doesn't work. I can stop, start, and everything is going again.

What should I check? What other information should I provide?

I'm running into a small annoying issue with the .7 package.

Sab will die after several hours. I have to stop it and start it to get it going again. The process doesn't seem to actually stop; if I run "/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sabnzbd start" - It says it's already running but the web interface doesn't work. I can stop, start, and everything is going again.

What should I check? What other information should I provide?

Most likely not my issue, but the guys over on the SABnzb forum are likely going to want to see the log file in /var/log/sabnzbd

For those of you that want to update it yourself it's pretty easy:

Pull the package url, file and md5 information from the version you want within the SabNzbd Sourceforge website http://sourceforge.net/projects/sabnzbdplus/files/sabnzbdplus

Save the conf file from the 1st post of this forum or from your unraid server, somewhere locally on your machine, edit it in textpad or notepad:

Update the following three lines with the info from the sourceforge website

# sabnzbd
PACKAGE_URL http://sourceforge.net/projects/sabnzbdplus/files/sabnzbdplus/0.7.1/SABnzbd-0.7.1-src.tar.gz/download
PACKAGE_FILE SABnzbd-0.7.1-src.tar.gz
PACKAGE_MD5 05c722b277ad2019efbb5cefc58733f1

Then update the version string info

PACKAGE_VERSION_STRING 0.7.1

Any chance you'll update the 0.7.1 soon? Or should I start hacking away at it? :)

Updated it myself.  ;D

Good. But after you update the file, where do you put it?

Because I put mine in /flash/packages and it didn't work.

Actually after a reboot it was overwritten by the original conf file saying sabnzbd 0.6.7

So how do you force unmenu / packages to work with the modified conf file?

Thanks

Actually after a reboot it was overwritten by the original conf file saying sabnzbd 0.6.7

Thanks

update file, place in packages folder, delete old .auto_install file for SAB, open unMenu package manager, install new SAB, reinstall on reboot.

That should be all that is needed.

If you do a check for updates within unMenu it WILL replace the SAB .conf file you just placed in the packages folder.  to stop that from happening place at the top of the SAB .conf file #AUTO_UPDATE=NO

Thanks

update file, place in packages folder, delete old .auto_install file for SAB, open unMenu package manager, install new SAB, reinstall on reboot.

That should be all that is needed.

If you do a check for updates within unMenu it WILL replace the SAB .conf file you just placed in the packages folder.  to stop that from happening place at the top of the SAB .conf file #AUTO_UPDATE=NO

It worked.

The only thing I am not sure of is the AUTO UPDATE.

Because I added the parameter at the very top of the conf file, nevertheless when I ran check UNMENU update it pointed to the old Sabnzbd conf file.

Any idea?

Maybe the # remark?

• 4 weeks later...

Where do you find the md5 information?

go to the sourceforge page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sabnzbdplus/files/sabnzbdplus/0.7.3/

click on the little "i" next to the download link, it will give you the MD5

EDIT: I actually didn't even download the file, I just changed the file address, version number and the MD5 in the conf file, unraid downloaded and installed just fine

Where do you find the md5 information?

go to the sourceforge page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sabnzbdplus/files/sabnzbdplus/0.7.3/

click on the little "i" next to the download link, it will give you the MD5

EDIT: I actually didn't even download the file, I just changed the file address, version number and the MD5 in the conf file, unraid downloaded and installed just fine

Thank you. That was easier than I thought once I found that. What a noob

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any plan for SABnzbd 0.7.4?

Your wish is my command.  Updated file attached to the first post.  Be sure to delete all old version of the .conf file and the .manual_install and .auto_install files that might exist.  You will also have to make sure any/all of the variables are what you expect.

Any plan for SABnzbd 0.7.4?

Your wish is my command.  Updated file attached to the first post.  Be sure to delete all old version of the .conf file and the .manual_install and .auto_install files that might exist.  You will also have to make sure any/all of the variables are what you expect.

Awesome!  ;D Thank you.